26. Fantasia

I fluttered my eyes open and was met with the wooden ceiling of the infirmary. I tried to move but a groan left my lips. My body felt heavier than usual, though i tried to look down on my body and sees a lot of bandages around my form. And now i look like some kind of mummy. Sigh

I tried to look around until my eyes fell on Makarov who's laying on the other bed, he was awake but he seems in deep thoughts while staring at the ceiling.

“ Glad to see you're awake already, Enlil” he said suddenly and turn his head to me.

“ Glad to be awake too” i mumbled. My voice was a little bit hoarse and i cough slightly. There was a bit of silence before he spoke again.

“ That was reckless of you.. taking all those lightning for them. Though i am thankful of you for protecting them, you still don't have to put and sacrifice yourself like that” he said to me. I let out a sigh and stared at the ceiling as what i did came back playing on my mind.

“ I'm just trying to protect this new family of mine, Makarov. Before, i failed to protect my own and Servien.. and i don't want to make the same mistake again. So if i have to do it again, i will do it for a thousand times just to protect everyone else” i told him seriously.

He didn't say anything after that as a complete silence fell on us. Just as i was about to fall asleep again, the door opened and Mira walked inside the infirmary. Her eyes lit up when her gaze landed on me and i can see the relief on her face. She put a tray of food on Makarov while i tried to sit up. Mira helps me up and get me some crutches, i took one glance to Makarov before i start walking out the infirmary.

“ ENLIL!”

I blinked in surprised as someone suddenly screamed and there's a blue furr that flew over me before it hit my chest making me groan a bit. I look down and sees Happy crying on my chest, it made me chuckle before he pulls away and i look up. Everyone.. and i mean every single members of the guild were all staring at me. It freak me out and i started to shift uncomfortably, feeling all their stares burn me. And then, they started to scream my name. It shocked me greatly, seeing their happy faces while some had tears on their eyes as they started to cheer and celebrate.

My eyes then fell on a group of people all sitting together. Gray, Lucy, Juvia, Natsu, who also has some bandages wrapped around his body and Erza. They were all staring at me with smile on their faces and it made me smile too. I walked to them slowly as I'm using crutches and fell down on the chair breathing heavily. It was tiring walking with these things! Then everyone had started to crowd me asking things and giving their gratitude for what i did and then praising me afterwards. It also made me tired as i let out a heavy sigh.. Erza must have noticed it and she told them to give me a breather which i gave her a look of appreciation.

Mira put a tray of foods in front of me and i started to dig in. Then Lucy had started to fill me in on what happened while I'm unconscious. And it seems like i had missed quite a few things. Laxus had gone by to the guild to visit Makarov and was expelled from the guild for his actions. Honestly it surprised me a bit, but then knowing that it must be hard on Makarov to do it and expelled his only family here by blood i just stayed silent and respect his decision.

Mira told me that Erza was the winner of Miss Fairy Tail Contest. I look up that time and look at Erza who's avoiding my gaze as her cheeks flushed a bit, probably embarrassed or shy about it. After that, they told me about Fantasia Parade. Erza tried to ask me to join her later for the parade, seeing that we both wear armors and have a sword but when i look down on my body and sees the bandages, i let out a sighed, disappointed. So i told her that I'll just watch them during the parade to which she accepted. I can see a smirked on Mira's face as she looks at me and i raised my eyebrows at her, she let out few chuckles before she stood up and walked back to the counter.