07 FAIRYTAIL (The Beginning)

" Why did you do it?" i asked.

Mavis stared down at her hands. An hour later after i left the house, Mavis appeared and takes a seat beside me. She didn't say anything and i didn't dare to ask her anything. But after a long silence, i just couldn't take it anymore. I continue to look at her, waiting for her answer and after a few more minutes i hear her speak. Her voice laced with sadness on it.

" I had ran out of any options.." she said. " The Jade artifact, it has some darkness on it. Geoffrey, the master of Blue Skull warned me about it. At first i didn't believe him, but when he said that once it was touch, the artifact will crumble Magnolia and that's when i believe him. I ran to where Yuri and Precht are and asked if they have it, but Yuri doesn't want to give it back nor let go of it when i asked him to not touch it and he didn't even believe me when i told him about it having dark magic. Then suddenly he was engulfed in a light, and the skeleton of the dragon on Kardia Cathedral came back to life with Yuri inside it, possessing him" she said to me and my eyes widened at what I'm hearing before she continues.

" Precht was about to kill the dragon including Yuri in the process but i refused and did the only thing i can think of without thinking about the consequence, and used an incomplete spell that Zeref had taught me. Law magic spell, it won't harm Yuri and only the one who the caster sees as an enemy will get affected by it" she finishes and again there was silence.

The wind blew in our direction.

" That's how they vanished instantly" i said lowly staring ahead of us.

" Yes, it's because i deemed the Blue Skull and the dragon as an enemy that's why they are the only one that was affected by the spell, leaving Yuri unconscious"

So that's what happened.. i though before a name flashes on my mind. Zeref.

Footsteps.

I watch as Yuri appeared from the trees and make his way to us before taking a seat on the ground without saying anything. I can see Mavis taking some glances over him but Yuri was looking up with his hands behind him, supporting his body. Silence...

" I'm sorry" my ears perked up. Hearing Yuri speak lowly and almost a whisper.

Mavis looked down on the ground and didn't say anything. Suddenly there was a sob. My eyes fell back on Yuri, he was now looking down with his hand covering his face as his shoulders are shaking while he cries and mumbling some apology. Mavis gets on her feet before walking closer to him and starts comforting him.

" It's okay, it was really my choice and i couldn't just let you die like that" she said with a small smile on her face but there were tears on her eyes. She was patting his shoulder as he continues to cry.

I tone it down, their conversation. Though i heard something that made me smile upon hearing it.

' friends until the very end.'

It was a bit touching. Their bond had become more stronger after what happened, though i can tell that Mavis are still sad and disappointed. There's no regret in her eyes, only fondness and those soft and warm look that's always on it. I shook my head before turning away from them and stare at the distance.

_________________

Few days later, after we left the old woman's house and goes back to our camp inside the forest. Mavis came back rushing from taking some fire woods with a huge smile on her face followed by a frowning Zera behind her. After what happened, Mavis has been a bit down since then. But now seeing her with a huge smile and the spark on her eyes coming back to life, i wonder what happened. Just then Yuri, Warrod and Precht appeared taking Mavis attention towards them as her smile become more wide if that's possible. The others sees her changed in emotions and look at me with confusion which i shrug at, not having any idea about it.

" So.. i was thinking about something and i had already talked about it with Zera" Mavis said making us more curious.

" And i think it was hilarious" Zera said looking at us. Which added more to our confusion.

" What is it?" i asked. Mavis turned to me with sparkling eyes as the small wings on each sides of her head flaps in excitement. Still wondering how she does it...

" I was thinking on creating a guild for Mage like us" she said causing for me to raise my eyebrows.

" What?!"

" Mavis.. are you serious?"

" Told you they would be shock about it"

The others stared at her like she had grown another head while Zera shakes her head. I am also surprised and shocked about it, but i can't help and be amazed at her too.

Yuri and the others crowded her around asking some questions that she answered with explanations, leaving us with no other option but to agree with her. Yuri, Precht and Warrod talks a bit about leaving their current guild, Sylph Labyrinth for treasure hunters if they are going to help us built a guild. And by afternoon just before the sun had set, they left us to go back on their guild to settle everything first.

Not long after, we have found a perfect location for our guild in Magnolia. It was in the same line with Kardia Cathedral but it would be near the sea. Mavis and Yuri had settled everything with the town's mayor getting his approval that will let us built the said guild. And that's what we have been doing for the past few weeks. The town's mayor has been kind to us and hire a few workers to help us build, slowly the guild was starting to come out until it was finally done. Zera was the one making the guild's flag with Mavis chosen emblem on it. And after it was finished, we all tied it on top of the guild, it was big and have a few floors up. I am impressed at our work and the chosen symbol.

Mavis was jumping from happiness staring at our newly built guild, the Fairytail guild.

A man suddenly walk towards us with something on his hand while smiling kindly to us. I blinked when the man asked if he could take a picture of us. And Mavis being Mavis are quick to agree. She motioned for us to move closer. Mavis and Zera was in front of us while Yuri, Precht, Warrod and I are behind them. We compressed a little bit more. Mavis and Zera has their arms opened wide with a big smile on their face making me smile too just before the camera clicks and a flash of light happened.

The man walk to us as a piece of paper came out from the box thing before handing it to Mavis. I was surprised at the result, the shot was perfect, with the guild as our background and how detailed it is. We thanked the man as he left before making our way inside the guild with Mavis leading us.

Handling a guild was a little bit stressful especially if it is newly built, lots of paperworks that needed to sign for our guild to become a legal one and won't become a Dark Guild. It was us who all did the paperworks minus Mavis and Zera. It was decided that Mavis is the Master of Fairytail since she was the one who comes up with the idea, even though the six of us are the Founders. Not long after, we already have a magic stamp that has the guild's symbol on it. All we need is to choose a color before stamping it to wherever we want it be and voila, the Fairytail's guild mark are created. Mavis was the first one to use it and followed by the others. When it was my turn i chose to have the mark on my chest, where my heart is and with my chosen color; Golden Red. The color reminds me of Servien's eyes and this way i still have another thing that will remind me of him. Mavis smiled at me when i explained it to her when she asked me about my chosen color, before putting the stamp on my chest as a tingling sensation happened before it disappear, and a guild mark sits upon my chest.

I stare at the mirror, looking at the reflection of it on my chest. A proud feeling bubbling up in my chest as i touch it. I thanked Mavis before she goes outside the room, i put my suit back on before following behind her to see what the others have been up to.