55. Fallen Keeper

Somewhere on the island, Erza landed on the ground in a crouch with her one knee touching the ground floor. On her hands there's two swords on each one as she looks up from where Azuma is, who's currently looking down to her as well. Erza admits it to herself that this Azuma guy are quite something, and he's giving her a hard time for a while now making her jaw clench a bit.

She stood up again before letting her sword disappear as she changes her armor. A sword appear on her hand before she open her eyes again and leap forward to Azuma who summons a quite number of roots attempting to crash her but Erza just slash them off before jumping forward and tried to strike Azuma but then his reflexes are quick and he moves away from her just as she landed on the tree's roots. Erza looks up and glared at the man who gave her a smirk on his face.

Azuma who's smirking at her suddenly frowns a bit before his eyes widen and his lips parted a bit. Just then.. Azuma let out a booming laugh as Erza stared at him in confusion. Wondering what he is laughing at.

“ Looks like the mighty Dragon Keeper weren't mighty at all” Azuma said with a smirk on his face as Erza stared at him, confused.

Enlil? She thought to herself as her grip on her sword tighten.

“ Who are you talking about?” Erza asked seriously making Azuma to grin at her darkly.

“ Ah.. no need to ask me that Erza Scarlet. You know who i am talking about. There's only one dragon keeper that's still alive after all.. well.. not anymore.” he said with a glint on his eyes as Erza's eyes widen a bit.

Her eyes harden at the thought of something had happen to her friend as she clench her jaw and glare at the man, asking what they did to their friend. Azuma laughs at the girl before a sinister smile appear on his face as he looks down to where she is.

“ The Dragon Keeper are no more..” he said. “ The trees told me what happened and looks like her death was a quick one so i guess she doesn't feel pain and suffer more. Shame.. i thought about fighting against her again since our last encounter got interrupted and i was planning on going after her when I'm finished with you, Titania” he continues while laughing at the end.

Erza's eyes widen in shock as her lips parted a bit, not believing what she was hearing from the man.

E.. Enlil?.. that's impossible.. she couldn't be.. She thought.

Just then her attention fell at someone when she sense their presence. Her eyes fell on Charle and Happy who has tears on their eyes and letting out a sob as they both landed on the ground. Erza look at the two exceeds as a heavy feeling begin to form on her chest already dreading what she was about to hear.

“ E..Erza... Enlil..she.. s..he..” Happy stuttered and didn't get a chance to finish what he was about to say as tears burst from his eyes and he starts wailing loudly.

Charle then looks up at the girl as Erza's eyes fell on her.

“ I should have.. should have warn her about it. I saw it happen.. i.. got premonition of her dying. I should have tell it to her.. sorry!” Charle exclaimed as she sobs harder and put her hands in front of her face.

Erza felt her body stiffened as she stood there frozen on her feet. Her eyes are wide in shock as her breathing become heavy feeling a lump on her throat forming. Her lips starts to tremble before she felt some tears escapes from both of her eyes and a loud ringing sounds on her ears as she still can't believe that what Azuma had told her were true at the confirmation of Happy and Charle.

It was silent for a moment before an image appear on her head that makes her blink. It was from back then.. during the battle of fairytail when she's gathering all of her weapons to destroy the thunder palace and when Enlil appear suddenly.