08 Makarov Dreyar

YEAR X696

Ten years after Fairytail was built, people all around Fiore has started to recognize us. Mage's started to join our guild, making it more lively. We also received some job requests that we posted on the Job Request board for the members. A lot has changed since then, one of those is Yuri. It all shocked us when he suddenly reveal to us that he was going to become a father now. Turns out he was in a secret relationship with Rita, one of the members of Fairytail and she was expecting. It all causes for a celebration to break out since he was the first one to become a parent amongst us.

A loud cry made me turn my head. It was a baby's cry. Mavis appeared at the door and make her way inside the room, following behind her as i enter the room Rita was laying on the bed. Mavis gets on her side and i stayed rooted on the floor as my eyes landed on Yuri who's holding a bundle of cloth, a big smile on his face. Small hand appeared in my view and i made my way to them. I can hear Rita's voice but my attention was all on the bundle in Yuri's grip.

Blinked.

The baby has a few strands of hair at the front.

“ It's a boy” Yuri said in a whisper looking at the baby's face.

“ Makarov” Mavis said suddenly. “ His name will be Makarov.. a kind man with a heart of gold from the book that i had read before”

Makarov, Makarov Dreyar.. it suits him.

Suddenly Yuri's face changes its reaction as he calls for Rita's name. My eyes goes back to the bed and Rita has her eyes closed. Yuri put the baby in my arms making me look at him surprised but shrug it off as i watch him go near Rita and tried to wake her up. There's a warmth feeling that grows at my chest as i held him in my arms. I can hear Yuri's voice and Mavis cry and as i turn to look at her, she ran outside the room with tears flowing down on her cheeks. An old lady appeared and checked Rita, Makarov began to cry which alarmed me since i don't know what to do or how to stop a baby from crying. I tried to sway him slowly but it was no use. I can hear a few words from the lady, saying that Rita was gone and i heard Yuri's cry after that.

He walks closer to me with tears on his eyes as he takes Makarov from me and put him beside his mother. Precht and Warrod had a solemn look on their faces. I look at Yuri one more time before walking out the room to look for Mavis, as i noticed the look of horror on her face earlier. Just when i was about to head out, Zera appeared on the door breathless like she ran a mile.

“ Mavis... left” that's what she said as she catches her breath.

I tried to ask her about what happen when Mavis left the room but she said that Mavis told her about killing Rita and a curse while running away crying. She tried to follow her but she has disappear when they reach the forest. Zera was crying after she finished telling me everything. I told her to stay here at the guild before making my way outside to look for Mavis. I tried to use my senses and see if i can find her but her scent had also disappeared, making me frown. How does her scent disappear quickly?

I continue to look for her until the sun had started to set and the sky had began to get dark. The forest are more dangerous when it gets dark and i just hope that wherever Mavis is, that she was at least safe. I contemplated if i will continue to search for her or head back and continue it tomorrow but when it started to rain i had no other choice but to choose the later.

The next day we held a funeral for Rita, i stayed there for a bit paying my respect but excused myself afterwards to continue my search on Mavis. But just like the other day there's no luck on finding her. How is she great on hiding herself? I can't even sense her presence or smell her scent. Could it be that she had learn to cloak herself and hide completely? When the sun had go down, i started to head back again at the guild. Feeling disappointed.

For the next few days, i have been searching for her with the help of Warrod. While Precht stay back at the guild since Yuri wasn't on his usual self lately and taking care of Makarov. But just like any other day we still have no luck on finding her. I'm not even sure if she's still here in Magnolia. We have tried to asked for some people if they had seen her but all their response was a shake of their head or a ‘ No’. Weeks had started to passed until it turned to months, still trying to search on her. Until a year had ended and still there's no Mavis.

Mavis.. where did you go? .. i thought clenching my hands. Zera has changed a lot, she doesn't smile anymore, though she still interact with the others and especially with Makarov. She's always with him playing and even taking care of him. I am starting to lose all my patience and hope that we will find her but quickly pushed it down before going for a search again and again.

That one afternoon, the guild was closed and both Precht and i are who's left at the guild when i sense a familiar magic outside the guild. I jumped out from my seat and goes outside followed by Precht only to see Mavis laying down on the pavements. She was too thin for my liking and from the distance a figure of the familiar young man was walking away. Zeref...

Blinded with emotions i summoned my sword and goes to attack him but just as my sword is about to get in contact with him, he disappeared. I growl a bit as i feel myself shaking from rage. Precht calls for me and i take a quick scan on the surroundings before running back to where they are. He already had Mavis on his arms and both of us goes to the secret basement. Precht, being the smart one. Starts running some test on her. Mavis were still alive but she was comatose. Precht and i decided to put her inside the crystal lacrima as he contine with his test. Soon enough, Precht discovered that Mavis has been cursed. Our discovery had become our secret and decided not to say anything to the others. But i was careless and one time, Zera had follow me to the basement and was shocked to see Mavis inside the crystal. To say that she was mad and feeling betrayed, i received a good punch from her that time. But after we explain to her what really happened and our discoveries. Zera decided that she doesn't want to continue her life without Mavis on her side. She pleaded us to put her inside a crystal lacrima too, to which i have quickly disagreed. But after a lot of pleadings and convincing me, i gave in. Though i was sad and heartbroken at her decision i kinda understand her feelings. And so, that night Precht and i put her at another crystal lacrima but not without having a lot of hugging and crying before we bid goodbye on each other.

And that night.. i also became the second master of Fairytail...

The news of Mavis passing spread at the guild and i was declared as the second master of Fairytail. After i become the master, Precht and i continue our research about Mavis curse while he starts his experiment learning about it. While on some days, i have Makarov with me. Yuri had came back to his self and begin taking care of his son. But not that long, after three months of being the new master. I couldn't just sit and wait for Precht or some miracle to happen and so i talked to him. I need to find Zeref and look for an answer about what really had happened that time and about the curse. He understand it and before i left, i also talked to Yuri and Warrod saying that i need to explore and distract myself to which they also understood. Knowing that Mavis was a sister to me long before we had met them and same with Zera. Passing the torch down to Precht, he became the third master of Fairytail and after that i bid my goodbye at everyone.