43. Anima

I wiped the sweat that form on my forehead as i stop from walking and lean on a tree. Lucy and the others tried to take me with them to shop but when they starts taking some dresses for me to try on, i quickly escapes from them before changing my clothes to a normal one so i can blend in with the crowd and left them all by their selves.

A sigh escapes from me and i close my eyes to take some rest. But then i caught a familiar scent and i furrow my eyebrows since it was coming from the forest.

I push myself from the tree and starts following it until it leads me to a house. Though there's another scent with them and my ears perked up when i heard some voices. I know it's not nice to eavesdrop but i can't help it when something caught my attention that Gildarts had said.

A dragon attacked him?

I walk closer to the house until i was just outside of the door and barges inside. They both turn their heads on me, looking all surprised and shocked but what really caught my attention was the bandages wrapped around Gildarts body. I can also see the prosthetic arm of his and the damaged leg.

“ Enlil” Natsu said looking at me but my eyes goes to Gildarts again who's also looking at me.

“ That's why i caught a faint smell of dragon on you earlier. I was confused at first but hearing you say it, that there's a dragon that attacked you. It makes me wonder if it's the same dragon that causes the extinction of dragons all over the world” i said seriously.

He puts back the cape around his body and let out a sigh before he looks at me again.

“ While I'm not sure about that, what i can guarantee you is that, that dragon are not a friendly one since it looks like it was hunting around the continent. I just got lucky that i get to survive and made it back alive” he said.

Natsu turns his head to Gildarts and a look of determination was on his face.

“ It doesn't matter..” he said making me narrow my eyes at him. “ I'm going to look for it and ask if he knows where Igneel is. He must have any idea about it”

He said before turning around to leave but i quickly got to him and slam his back at the wall. He was looking at me in shocked but my eyes were glaring at him as i clench my jaw in sudden anger that i felt.

“ Don't be stupid, Natsu” i said lowly. “ That dragon weren't the likes of dragon you have seen before. Those kinds of dragon are the one who hunts for a prey and kill them mercilessly. And even if you managed to find it there's no guarantee that you can survive when it gets to you” i told him but he glares back at me before gritting his teeth.

“ You're the one who's stupid, Enlil” he said making my eyes to hardened. “ I'm a dragon slayer.. and only a dragon slayer can slay dragons” he said as he balled his fist.

My face darkened upon hearing it.. only a dragon slayer can slay dragons.. my hand grips tightly on his clothes as i met his eyes.

“ And not all dragon slayer can slay dragons” i whispered. “ While I'm not doubting what you're capable of, this dragon might be the same one from 400 years ago and have live for a long time, hunting and killing all dragons it found. Igneel had disappeared seven years ago and it must have a connection to that dragon and escaped or anything. And with you, looking for that dragon will give it an idea that there's still dragons living up to this time and it might hunts and kill them too”

There was a silence that fell on us before i let go of his clothes and turn my back on them. I took a deep breath before releasing it shakily.

“ Besides.. you don't have any idea what true horror a dragon like that can do. You haven't seen it happen in front of you and kill everyone as you just watch as it happen. While i admire your bravery.. you should also think of the consequence of everything that you do and will do and what would be the others will feel about it”

I said for the last time before i made my way outside and left, still feeling the anger on the pit of my stomach. 

____________

Gildarts turns his head to Natsu who has his eyes wide in shocked and lips parted a bit. He shook his head slowly and look at the boy again.

“ You should listen to her, Natsu. That girl has experience a lot of things than the rest of us. And finding that dragon wouldn't do you any good, besides all you need is time. And Enlil is right about one thing though, not all dragon slayer can slay dragons. And you haven't fought with a dragon before, so you don't have any idea what they truly are capable. Igneel was different since he's not a hunting dragon like that one who attacks me, so I'd say, just wait for the right time to come. You still need to get stronger and experience a lot of things” he said to the him.

Natsu blinks a few times as his head bows a bit before he turn around and left without a word. Happy was about to follow him but Gildarts told him that he should give Natsu some time to think, which the cat nodded his head and left silently.

The next day.. it was raining all over the town of Magnolia as the sky were filled with dark clouds and rain falling everywhere.

At the Fairytail guild, everyone was all sitting around since they can't go on a job because of the heavy rain. Lucy turns her head and look at the sleeping figure of Natsu who's snoring loudly making Gray to scoff at him feeling annoyed before he stood up and goes to him with a marker on his hand, and starts to draw something on Natsu's face.

Lucy shakes her head a bit before her eyes fell on the corner, where a single person are sitting alone. She looks at Enlil in confusion since usually, Enlil would be sitting with them. But when she get at the guild earlier, she noticed the atmosphere around the girl and decide not to disturb her. Enlil was looking serious than ever and she's wondering if something happens again, making her sigh heavily. And as per Erza, she was inside Makarov's office discussing something with him.

Just then her attention caught the sight of Wendy who runs after Charle who left the guild, making her sigh again out of boredom.

Outside the guild, while everyone was unaware of what's happening. Dark clouds had started to form in the sky and it started to circle around. Wendy panted heavily as she run on the heavy rain trying to get back at the guild immediately but an unfortunate moment happens when she tripped suddenly and fall on the ground making her squeal a little. She pushed herself up and stare at the sky but her eyes widen in shocked upon seeing the dark clouds formed in circles and everything around her starts to get suck until a bright light appears.

Enlil opens her eyes and was shocked to see bubbles and clouds everywhere. She had felt that something in the air had changed but then everything turned while and now, she stood there frozen on her tracks. Seeing nothing but bubbles and clouds everywhere but then she remembered something making her to falter a bit.

Be careful, Enlil. Something is about to happen soon..”

Her eyes widen as it echoes on her ears. Is this what he mean by something? She thought as she remembers what Mystogan had told her and just then.. something caught her eyes and she can see the bubbles are all going up in the sky. Her eyes narrowed a bit seeing something like a portal of some sort before she summon her wings and without thinking much she flew on it and into the Anima.