40. Mystogan

We've been walking and buying some things around, or try out some foods from the stand. I was still surprised when she said to consider this as date. And all the things we have been doing so far are fun and I'm really enjoying it. We've been walking around for i think an hour or two now and exploring some places here at Magnolia that i didn't even know existed.

And right now, we are on our way to the cake shop.

I took a deep breath before looking around with a smile on my face, i can't wipe it off since i was genuinely happy at this time and it all thanks to Erza. I stop from walking when i saw her do the same and her eyes were trained in front of her making me follow her eyes and it led me to different flavors of cake that was on display in a glass window.

There was a man behind it and he was smiling to the both of us, i think he really knows Erza since she claimed this shop as her favorite.

Then I heard Erza says something to him before she told him her order making me widen my eyes as i look at her in shocked, the shop owner was the same as he stared at her for a moment not believing how much cake she was ordering.

I walk to her closer before taking a gulp.

“ E..Erza, isn't it a bit too much? Fifty cakes? Are you sure you can finish them?” i bombard her with questions as she turn her attention to me.

She gave me a smile as her hair sway a bit when the wind blew in our direction.

“ It wasn't all for me. Two of them would be for the guild and some of them were for you and the rest is all mine” she said nonchalantly like it was an oblivious thing to say.

I stare at her in disbelief as my lips parted a bit, not really believing it.

The shop owner just nodded his head before telling her that it would be deliver tomorrow and after that we left the shop. Though it wasn't even that long and were just a few steps away from the shop, when there's something that vibrates on my pocket, making me stop from walking as i pull it out.

I furrow my eyebrows while staring at the gold coin i have on my hand, it was glowing a bit causing for Erza to stops from walking and walk near me before looking at my hand as well, then she looks up to me in confusion. I didn't say anything to her and just put some of my magic into it until Warrod's face appeared on my sight making me blink in surprise.

“ Warrod?” i said with a hint of confusion on my voice.

His old and wrinkly face stared back at me and in the corner of my eyes, i can see Erza's eyes widen a bit.

“ Enlil.. been a long time” he said to me before turning a bit. “ Oh.. and Titania” he added making Erza blink in surprise, though she didn't say anything and just stood here on my side.

I let out a sigh and look at him again. Wondering why he's suddenly calling me out of the blue.

“ Why did you call, Warrod?” i asked him since it was rare for him to call me using the coin i given to him before i gave the others to Makarov and Laxus.

Though he didn't say anything for a moment and it's making me more confused on the reason why he's calling me until he let out a sigh.

“ You must come here, Enlil. I'm afraid to say it in broad daylight incase someone is listening with malicious intent” he said and it was clear to me that he just want me to go to him and talk privately.

I nodded my head at him before his image disappear and i close my hand as the coin were still on it. Whatever he's about to say must be something really serious..

Well.. i guess we should continue this on another time then” Erza said making me to look at her quite surprised.

I stared at her for a moment before nodding my head, since i have somewhere to go to. While it saddens me a little that we're cutting our date a little bit short, I let out a sigh and smile at her before thanking her for the day and also telling her that i really enjoyed it. She smile back to me before she bid her goodbye and we separate our way as i walk on the opposite side and out of Magnolia.

_____________

Warrod was living in the outskirts near Magnolia, since he wants to live in peace. And when i get there after a few hours of walking, my eyes landed on a small wooden house on top of the hill where a single tree was standing beside it. I make my way up there and found him, watering some of his plants before turning to look at me. His face were lace with seriousness before he usher me inside of his house.

What he had told me after that makes me froze as my eyes are wide in shocked.

Warrod told me that he has felt his magic for the past week near Magnolia. The trees were all telling him that he was around the town and has been wondering around lately. It shocked me since i haven't felt it but then.. i remember that we have a mission that time to take down Oracion Seis and he must have chose that day when i wasn't there to look for him.

I clench my jaw as my eyes hardened at the thought of him, and memories of me searching for him for countless of years.

Then after staying there for a few hours, catching up and reliving some old memories i bid him a goodnight before making my way outside and left his house.

I let out a sigh before putting my hands on my pocket and look up in the sky. It has started to get dark and the wind had turn cold making me shiver a bit since i was still wearing the same outfit from this morning. Though while i was walking on the road, i stop for a moment. Feeling that someone was there with me. I tried to sense where they are and my eyes fell on a figure sitting on top of some brunch.

I narrow my eyes on them since the person was unfamiliar to me, though he's giving me a weird vibe.

“ You must be, Enlil” he said.

I stared at him for a moment trying to see who he was but it was useless since he was covered all over his body. And it makes me put my guard up when he suddenly stood up and jump on the ground. There's some wooden staff on his back and a black cape around him.

“ Who are you?” i asked.

He didn't say anything for a moment before he lift his hand and take off his mask, making my eyes widen in shock upon seeing his face. Those blue hair and tattooed face..

“ J.. Jellal?” my lips parted a bit while staring at his face, shocked. I thought he was in prison? How come he's here?

He shook his head a bit before looking at me seriously and i stare at him in confusion.

“ I'm not Jellal” he said. “ I know who he is but I'm not him. My name is Mystogan and also a member of Fairytail” he said and even his voice was the same with Jellal.

My eyes widen in surprise upon hearing the name. Mystogan? Does it mean, this man is who Makarov and Erza was telling me about? Does Jellal have a twin brother or something? Is he the same person that Erza had seen that time during the battle of Fairytail? Different questions appeared on my mind but there's no words that had left my mouth after that.

Though i blink a little when he starts talking again and told me something that makes me to look at him in confusion and made me think about it before he disappeared suddenly as he turned into mist.

What does he mean by that? I thought to myself as his voice echoes in my ears. I tood there for a moment until i managed to pull myself together and I let out a heavy sigh, feeling a bit frustrated from the things that i keep hearing about and continue my way back to Magnolia. I just hope that there's nothing more to it and hearing some things that will add up to my frustrations.

Though..

What is that something?