11. Position Zero

I didn't know those job missions would take this long to complete. Two out of three jobs was a 10 year quest which was to take down a Guild full of Vampires that's terrorizing the city. Those bloodsuckers has been kidnapping people at night and will left them dry of their blood before leaving their lifeless body everywhere. The other was about a Fire monster living at the volcano. I find it weird at first, it's not like you've got to hear or see something like that in your daily life. But then, if dragons can exist so why can't the other species too? The last job was the one that makes it too long to complete. It was about a huge drug cartel that involves in human trafficking, slavery and illegal weapon trading across the country.

Those group has been going for decades and yet no one has the guts to go after them. The cartel has some Dark Guilds working for them and that's why no one wants to make a move to deal with the trafficking and illegal trades that's happening, they turned blind eye about it. Knowing all the information about the last job, i feel very much disappointed, angry and there's a pit in my stomach thinking about the people that they had taken away from their family. I can't help but feel pity for them and make it my goal to take down everyone in the cartel and not leave even one body alive. It's the least i can do to the lives they take and kill, and all the sufferings and torture they endured all those years.

It took me long years to take down and hunt every member of the Cartel. Sabotaging their trade before killing the people there and also taking down a whole bunch of dark guilds that's associated with them. I was able to save the slaves that they are about to trade and seeing their skins and bones, it gave me more strength to fight those monsters. I can see it on their eyes, the happiness and relief of being rescued and be finally free. They all thanked me with tears streaming down on their cheeks and it warmed my heart at their sincerest. After that, i hunt down everyone after taking the dark guilds and i put the leaders of the Cartel for last. I put all my anger to them, not showing any mercy as i made them all feel things that they give to others. I was thinking about taking them to the Council and let them live their life at the prison but for me, it won't really give any justice for the lives they take. And so i took it upon myself and be the one to judge as i take their life away from them in slow and hurtful ways that they will suffer before they die.

Words had spread all over the country about what happened and the families of those people that has been taken give their gratitude towards me. The Council also gotten heard about it and how i took it upon myself the final judge for the leaders of the Cartel and i sure had heard a few words from them. Though it didn't last long with the glares and words that they received from the victim's families and in the end they decided to give me a reward of appreciation.

“ What is this?” i asked referring at the Gold Medallion on my hand as they handed it to me.

“ The Highest Reward from the Magic Council” he said.

“ Enlil Servien, the Magic Council has given this award to you for being a brave and strong individual. This Medallion represents the appreciation from the Highest Supreme court and was offered a seat for you to become one of the Wizard Saints in Era” he finished and there's a series of loud gasped from around us.

Wizard Saint? It will benefit the Fairytail greatly but i don't like to sit around do paperworks. I cleared my throat before looking at the Medallion and to him.

“ That's a nice offer and an Honor to become one of those Saints but i have to decline.. I'm not a person that likes to sit around and do paperworks” i said to him honestly. He didn't seem fazed about it and only look at me like he was expecting me to say it.

“ The Magic Council knows about it, that's why we are offering you to become Position Zero. You will still become a Saint but you don't need to come in every meeting unless it was an utmost urgency that threatens the country” he said. I think about it for a moment before accepting it.

The man took the medallion from my hands and pin it on my armor with the helps of magic. The people cheers loudly while i thanked the council man before they left. The people there decided that we should celebrate it and they dragged me down with them, which i didn't try to decline since i can feel the genuine emotions flying around us.

Sighed.

I was now inside the forest. After completing the job, i decided to take a few more years to myself and enjoy my alone time. Though those years are just about me, training myself more before going on some jobs from the local guild that's open for everyone to take. The rewards i received from the quests are still with me in my pocket dimension. I've learned how to used it a few years back when I'm exploring the magic Servien has given to me. I still don't understand why he gave it to me but can't really think of an answer and so i let it be and promise to use it for the good.

The cracking of the woods bring me back out from daydreaming. I stared at the fire in front of me that's illuminating some light and to the meat I'm roasting.

I think it's finally cooked. I thought as i smell it making my mouth water a bit. I let it cool down for a bit before taking a bite and moan at the delicious taste of it. I continue to eat my dinner before finishing and rest my body under the tree as i stare at the night sky.

I wonder how's Fairytail and Makarov.. maybe it was time to make a visit soon.. i thought before closing my eyes to sleep.

______________

Few days later, i packed all my belongings and put them all in my pocket dimension. The sun was set above while soft wind keeps brushing on the leaves. Changing into my armor, i let my sword attached to my hip. A long cape are thrown on my back with some gold lines on it while the hood was over my head hiding my face. I took a deep breath and inhaled the fresh air.

It's time...

Opening my eyes again, a small smile appear on my face before taking a step forward to begin my long travel.

It took me a week, between stopping and camping out in the forest before i reach the next town after Magnolia. My eyes scanned the surroundings and the people walking back and forth on the streets. It's been decades since the last time i was in town of Magnolia and i wonder what are the things i have missed this time. It didn't take me long as i finally step my foot at the other end of Magnolia and a nostalgic feeling build up inside me. There's excitement bubbling in my stomach at the thought of seeing Makarov and everyone again, and i can't wait anymore.

The clanking of my armor and boots stepping on the ground caught everyone's attention. The look of confusion are written all over their face especially since i have a mystery vibe on me with my hood still up. A smile formed on my face but it soon faded away when something caught my eyes from the distance. I stopped from walking as i tried to look at it more, wondering why it looks like that.

W-What the hell..? Why is the guild..my thoughts was cutted off when i sense something.

My eyes goes in the forest before i turned to look back at the guild. My jaw clenched at the sight. I am confused. Huge piles of iron are sticking out of the guild and a hot feeling grows inside me, as the memories of us with Mavis and the others flashes on my mind while we are building it.

Rage.

My body shakes a bit and i can feel my magic raising around me causing the area to shook. Suddenly, a scent filled my nose and it was coming from the forest. I turn on my heels before making my way there, but not before taking one last glance at the guild before leaving the streets with my body still shaking from anger.

What's happening, Makarov?...