05 Zeref

I slumped my back against a tree. Precht were also wounded having lost one of his eye while Yuri has a wound on his side. Getting back on my feet i walk on their direction before crouching a little and help Yuri first, healing his side.

" You're a healer?" he asked looking at my glowing hands.

I didn't answer him and move to Precht as i restore his lost eye making him look at me in surprise as he blinked a few times testing his now healed eye. They both thanked me and i just nodded my head and goes back under the tree and wait for Mavis to comeback who's getting us some water. Zera decided not to follow her and sits at one of the trees, silently.

The fight that suddenly happened took a toll on us and i am still tired from what happened on the ship. I let out a sigh and close my eyes for a bit wanting to get some rest while we're here and waiting for Mavis. Not after half an hour when she came back and there's a smile playing on her lips.

I squinted my eyes at her, observing. Wondering what has causing for her suddenly changed in emotion. As far as i can remember she was a little bit looking down when she left to get some water.

" What took you so long?" i asked. Mavis turned to look at me.

" I accidentally met someone at the pond. And given our situation i may or may not ask them for some help" she said to me smiling a bit which made me more to get curious. The others were just listening to us but i can tell that they are curious too.

" Who is it? Are you sure that we can trust them?" Yuri asked joining our conversation. Mavis takes a glance at him before looking far ahead.

" You'll see" she said before making her way and sit beside Zera.

Shaking my head i rested my head back on the tree and tried to get a nap. We also decided to camp inside the forest and planned everything if we go against Blue Skull the next time we encounter them. When it's starting to get dark Warrod and i goes to hunt for some food while the rest gathered some wood sticks for the fire. With Warrod having an experience about hunting we got some rabbits and roasted it before giving everyone their fair share. And when the night comes we're all settled down on our make shift beds.

I lay on my back while staring at the night sky above us. It was filled with thousands of stars that illuminating some light making it easier to look in the dark. My thoughts came back to the bones back at Kardia Cathedral. I'm still wondering how it ended up there and even if it's already there for hundred years, the cathedral should look old and rusty but it wasn't. It was still looking new like it was built not long ago so how does the dragon's skeleton end up there?

" We'll know about it soon" a voice said making me blinked before looking beside me.

Mavis was staring at me. I thought she was already asleep. I stare at her in confusion not having any idea on what she's talking about. She must have caught on my confusion as she smiled at me.

" I know you're thinking about the dragon's skeleton back on Kardia Cathedral. You are wondering on how it ended up there after knowing that dragons has been extinct for hundreds of years" she said and i look at her in disbelief.

How the heck did she guess it right! Am i that open?

Mavis chuckles a bit before turning on her back and stare at the stars with a smile on her face.

" It's not that hard to guess what you're thinking, or i am just good at reading people. After all I'm aiming to become a master of being a tactician" she said. There's a hint of excitement and proudness when she said it. And i smile at that thought. Mavis is an amazing girl, i bet she can achieve what she's aiming for soon. While Zera, i don't know what's her dream but what i know for sure is that wherever Mavis are, she will follow her. Those two are like tied with their hips joined together. What a bond.

___________

The next morning, as soon as the sun were settled up in the sky. Mavis told us to follow her, at first i was confused but recalling what she said to us last night about having someone to help us i gathered that we are meeting whoever this person is. I just hope that they are someone we could trust. Walking for a few minutes inside the forest, Mavis led us near the edge of some clearing. There, on a fallen log, a young man with black hair, wearing some type of black and white clothing tied on his shoulder are sitting. He has a soft and calm look on his face. Sensing our presence he look up to us and he smile as his eyes landed on Mavis.

" This is Zeref, the person i am talking about that i had asked for some help" Mavis said to us before introducing us to him telling who is who. His eyes landed on me and i noticed his gaze narrowing a bit before he looks away, making me frown.

" How can he help us?" Yuri was the one who asked the question i have on my mind.

" He will teach us about magic, how to used and learn more about it. I gather that if we are to go against Blue skull we will need to step up our game. And seeing him last night and used his magic i conclude that he will be able to teach us too, which he agreed about" Mavis explained to us.

" And at what cost? You couldn't be teaching us for free, don't you?" i asked narrowing my eyes on him. Though he looks back to me with the same look like he was analyzing me before he smile genuinely.

" There is no cost or exchange. I do really want to help, since Mavis explained to me last night about your situation. And i have no malicious intent if that's what you are thinking. I have no idea that there was some people here in the forest while i was taking a bath when Mavis found me last night and told me everything and also asked for my help, and i couldn't decline it when someone is in need for a lending hand" he said and we all look at Mavis who's face suddenly turned red.

" Mavis found you while taking a bath? I didn't know Mavis is a pervert" Zera said while snickering causing Mavis face to turn in deep shade of red.

Mavis tried to explain herself as Zera and the others starts teasing her. My lips tugs upward making me shake my head before turning away from them. Taking a deep breath my gaze landed on the young man, he was looking at them with a soft smile on his face. It seems like he was really genuine on what he said. He suddenly turned his head towards me, probably sensing that someone is looking at him. We stared at each other for a moment until he breaks eye contact when Mavis calls for his attention making me sighed in relief since i felt like i was being judge or something under his gaze.

I watched as Zeref walk towards them and starts explaining about magic. Seeing that I'm able to produce and used one or two, i decided to patrol the area incase the Blue skull had decided to spy on us. While Zeref has been teaching them about magic and how to use it, i was making sure that no one will go unnoticed under my radar and interrupt them. And for the past few days, a routine was set. Zeref will teach them and after that they will try it out. So far, they succeed and they all had learned how to use magic in thanks to Zeref. I was also thankful of his help and made sure that he knows about it before he bid his goodbye at the end of the week before going on his separate way with us.