38. Reconcile

When i become aware of my surroundings again, i heard some voices around me. They were not that loud but still enough for me to hear, i can hear someone shushing them but the voice become more louder.

I flutter my eyes before opening them slowly, it was a bit blurry so i took my time to get it all fixed and clear. And then i was met with a wood ceiling that looks really familiar to me.

“ Natsu, you idiot. Stop eating the food, It's not cook yet!”

I heard someone say though it sounds a bit far. I glance at the side and look around the room, taking in the familiar light brown color of the walls. Of course I'll be in my room.. though i wonder how i got here..

I pushed myself up and sat upon my bed, until my eyes fell on the people inside my room. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion wondering why are they here. Gray, and Wendy along with Charle are all siting on the long couch. As per Erza, she was seated on a single chair and eating a slice of strawberry cake while there's a smile on her face. It looks really adorable how her eyes would spark when she sees a strawberry cake and i fight back the smile on my face. Then my eyes turned to Lucy who's currently in my small kitchen inside my room and cooking something while Natsu tries to pick some food from the plate making Lucy to smack his hands away as Happy watch their little antics.

I let out a sigh before pushing away the blanket on me and put my feet on the floor, making me shiver at the coldness of it.

“ What are you all doing here?” i asked making them all to turn their heads at me.

They stared at me for a moment before Natsu and Happy calls my name seeing that I'm already awake.

“ Hey, Enlil. Glad that you're finally awake” Gray said to me as he starts taking off his clothes making me sigh.

“ And i think i might go to sleep again if you keep taking off your clothes like that” i told him. He jumps in surprise before looking down on his body making Natsu snickers at him.

Gray hear it and the two quickly fell on their bickerings making me sigh. These two better not destroy anything in my room..

I turn my attention away from them and sees Lucy smiling at me.

“ Hope you don't mind me using your kitchen” she told me and i just wave my hand at her telling her that it was nothing. But then i remember what happen to me before i lost consciousness and so i turn to her again and walk near the table.

“ Hold on. Last time i remember, i was on Poryluscia's place. How come I'm back again in my room and all those black things weren't on my body anymore?” i told her while looking at myself, looking for those black things that seems to have disappear.

Lucy puts down the spoon and turn to me again.

“ Wendy healed you. She used her magic and cured the poison that's spreading in your body, and as per how you got here.. ” she pause for a bit and her eyes go from behind me, making me to also turn my head and sees her looking at Erza. Oh..

I blink a little, a bit speechless since i already have an idea on what Lucy is talking about. I turn my body sideways and look at Wendy who's fidgeting with her fingers and thanked her. She smile back to me while muttering a small response before my eyes fell on the scarlet mage still sitting there and not saying anything.

Silence had fell on us, but it wasn't awkward and the only thing we can hear is Lucy's cooking before she turned off the fire and starts putting some bowls and utensils on the table. I tried to help her out but she just gave me a look that i didn't know i would be seeing on her. It was a little bit scary that it made me sit on my seat as Gray and Natsu moves a little bit closer to me. Telling me that Lucy can also be scary sometimes which i nodded my head upon experiencing it myself.

After that, they stayed for a little longer, asking me some questions and catching me up on what's happening at the guild since i was out for a whole day before Natsu and Gray bid their goodbyes and left, though I'm surprised to see Erza here and even stay longer than those two. In the corner of my eyes i can see Lucy glance at me before turning to Erza and stood up after a minute, saying that she needs some refreshing to do taking Wendy and Charle with her. It makes me blink, watching them leave my room and gave me a wink as she close the door. Now that it's just Erza and I.. there's an awkward silence around us. Though i can feel her eyes on me from time to time.

Sighed. I close my eyes for a bit and turn to her and open my mouth to say something.

“ I'm sorry” we both said at the same time, making me to blink in surprised.

I bit my lip and look down on my hands that's on my lap before looking up again when i hear her speak.

“ No, it should be me who's saying that.” she said and pause for a bit. “ It was wrong for me to put the blame on you when you're just trying to protect me. And i apologize for that.. i should have thanked you for what you did or i would have done something stupid and will regret it in the end. And I'm sorry if i make you feel bad about it”

She said to me. There's another silence that fell on us, and i just stare at my hands thinking of the things she had told me before and now. About how it wasn't my fault. Somehow on the back of my mind, there's a voice there that says.. Erza was just apologizing and wasn't angry at me anymore because Jellal was still alive. She just doesn't want to feel the guilt of the words she had said to me or having it weighted her shoulders..

I look up to her, my eyes stares directly on her own and i give her a smile.

“ It was nothing..” i told her and took a deep breath before looking away. “ Let's just put it behind us and move forward”

She nods her head at me and also looks down on her hand before she look up again and her face turned serious, making me narrow my eyes at her.

“ The bite mark, how.. when did you get it? I know it's from the snake that Cobra has. I just don't know when did you get it and how it takes longer to have its effect” she told me.

I blink a little and think for a moment as the things when it happened played on my mind. I cleared my throat a bit and straighten my back before looking at her.

“ I think it was the time when we all decided to separate with each other to find Wendy, and then there's a light that appeared and i go to it. Though when i get there, the black magic around that light goes to me and surrounded me and after that everything starts to fogged my mind. But before i lost myself i think i caught Cobra's scent there and there's something that i thought had pinch me on my side before i black out. I guess it was the time when the snake had bit me.. though..” i pause for a bit. “.. about its late effects. I don't really know or have any idea how it takes its effect like that but i guess it make sense when Cobra says the time back when i saw him with you and Jellal. It was a countdown for the poison and even though we defeated them, there's still a voice inside my head that reminds me about it”

I explained to her before i let out a sigh.

I can see her trying to think about it before she nodded her head a little. There's another silence that fell on us but this time.. there's no awkwardness on it making me sighed in relief. My eyes then fell on the clock and it says it's already nine in the evening. Erza must have noticed the time too as she stood up and i follow her. She just stood there seemingly thinking about something before she turn her head at me.

“ So.. i was thinking, since i have heard from Lucy that you like chocolate cake. How about we go at my favorite shop? My treat.” she told me adding the last part.

I blink a little.

It surprised me that she's asking me to accompany her and i think about it for a moment before nodding my head as a smile form in my lips.

“ Alright then.. i guess I'll just see you tomorrow at the guild then” she said.

“ Yeah.. you will” i told her.

She then starts walking at the door while i follow behind her and she stops for a moment when she's at by the door and gave me another smile and left. I continue to stood there thinking on what just happen before letting out a shaky breath and close the door.

I guess I'll have a shopping trip tomorrow with her then..