03 Tenrou Island

The sound of birds chirping and the soft wind are what caused for me to open my eyes but close it again as the sun's ray hit me in the eyes making me grunt. Rubbing my eyes a bit before sitting up and opening it again.  My eyebrows furrowed a bit. Confuse on where i am.

Suddenly there was a snap. I turned my head quickly with alertness as i summoned my sword and wait for whatever is inside the forest. Soon, Mavis and Zera appeared behind the trees making me relax and fall on the log behind me.

“ Good morning Enlil. Zera and i had already checked the guild and look for any survivors. And unfortunately, the guild were burned to the ground and all was left was the ruins and it also looks like, it's just us who survived the attack from Blue Skull” she said to me in one breath.

Zera was just hiding behind her. It looks like she was a shy kid and the opposite of Mavis who's more gullible that talks a lot. I nodded my head to her before getting on my feet and dusting it a bit. I'm still wearing my usual armor and i felt like someone is looking at me causing for me to look up and catches the eyes of Zera. She looks away quickly with blushing cheeks as Mavis giggles at her.

Mavis led us on the other side of the forest with Zera behind her and me. My mind are still running with thoughts and still trying to adopt the new information and what happened on everything. Looking around, all i can see is the forest but i catch a glimpse of water from far ahead. Letting out a sigh i followed the two silently. I don't know how long we are walking but Mavis led us to some small and nice looking house.

Mavis goes to the door and opened it before gesturing us inside. I look at her in confusion but said nothing as i get inside. It was neath and clean, i can see two doors from the side. Probably the bedroom. There's also a small kitchen with a table and three chairs around it. Walking around a bit, my eyes fell on a picture on top of the table. It was Mavis with two other person. A woman and a man, her parents.

“ Make yourselves feel at home, i will just prepare us some tea” she said smiling to us before disappearing from the kitchen.

Zera was already sitting on the couch and she was fidgeting on the hem of her dress. I watch her for a bit before looking outside. There's a well and it was beside a tree. I can see some birds flying around with the wind brushing on the leaves.

“ Thank you..”

I blinked before looking at the girl on the other end of the couch. She was blushing a bit while playing with her fingers. Her voice are soft but not as soft as Mavis.

“ Mavis told me.. you healed my wounds and saved me, thank you” she said almost in a whisper. It was a cute sight seeing her this shy but i held back myself from laughing and cleared my throat.

“ It really was nothing but.. you're welcome. It's just i like helping people who's in need so i did what i can do” i tell her and catches her eyes when she looks up a bit before looking back down with flushed cheeks.

I chuckle at that. She's cute.

“ Here's your tea”

Mavis said as she balance the tray on her hands with some tea on it. I help her and took it from her as she mumbles a small thank you before setting it down on the table. She takes a seat opposite from us as silence fell on us.

“ So.. what will you do now, Enlil?” Mavis asked while looking at me.

I sighed.

“ I.. i really have no idea. These was all new to me, being here, not knowing anyone and knowing that it was over 300 years had passed since then. It's a lot to take in and i felt like i was dreaming or more like having a nightmare” i said.