09 Fairy Heart

Finding Zeref was a lost cause.

For the last twenty years that i have been roaming around, trying to look for him, i feel disappointed. I couldn't find him anywhere, it's like he was a ghost. I tried everything that i can to find him but even using my heightened senses has failed me.

After leaving Fairytail, i never once had stop to enjoy the new discoveries i have found. Instead i focused myself on my goal. And i think that was enough. I have been gone for too long and i am very sure that i missed a lot of things on Fairytail.

The clanking of my armor filled my ears as i walk through the streets of Magnolia. As usual, I'm wearing my armor suit. It has a gold lining on them while the hood attached to the suit are dumped over my head. I sure had missed a lot of things...i thought as i look around. There's more houses and buildings from the last time i was here. And the population has grown more. I can see their expression as i walk through, it has a look of confusion on them but the others seems to had recognized me and they have a smile on their faces. Reaching the guild, i stop from walking as i look up at it. It hasn't changed one bit.

I smiled to myself before going for the oak door and pushed it open.

The heaviness and creaking sounds of it causes everyone's head to turn in my direction and then, silence. I can see the familiar faces of the members and some of them are all new to me. Suddenly there's a loud cheers as everyone screamed.

“ She's back!”

“ After twenty long years she's finally here!”

“ Who is she?”

They said as i made my way inside. Precht must be somewhere here since i didn't see his shadow among these people. A door opened suddenly and an old man with an eye patch walked outside. He's familiar...

“ You finally came back, Enlil” he said.

“ Precht” i said in disbelief.

I can't believe I've been gone that long.. he's an old man now. His hair are gray and i can see the wrinkles on his skin.

“ You're old” i said.

He burst out laughing, his shoulders shaking from it.

“ And you're still the same. You really are Immortal like what the old woman said before” he said looking at me seriously.

Sighed.

I have come to terms not long ago and accepted it. Being Immortal and all, i tried to live myself with it until it doesn't bother me anymore. But seeing him, aging and able to grow old. It made me think again. Hundreds of years had passed and I'm still looking young like i was still on my earliest eighteenth.

I look around the guild, not seeing Warrod and Yuri.

“ Where are they? Yuri and Warrod, i didn't see them when i come in” i asked while continue scanning the members. Missing the grim look that appeared on his face.

“ Warrod had retired..” he said making me look at him in surprise. Retired?..

“ What about Yuri? Is he on a mission or did he also retired and take care of Makarov?” i asked and i noticed the grim on his face.

“ He's gone..” he said lowly as my breath hitch. “ There was another attack that happened a few years ago and he died that time. It's how i also lost my eye again”

Yuri is dead?

The memories of him flashes on my mind and i can't help but teared up. I should have come back sooner.. Precht didn't say anything afterwards and i can hear the loud voices of the members until the door of the guild opened again. I turn my head a bit and see a young man probably on his twenties with blonde hair. His face are also new to me.. but the scent.. it's familiar.. He continued to walk until he reach where we are standing.