32. Darkness

My eyes scan around the forest as i ran. When Erza had fell into unconsciousness earlier, we device a new plan to search for Wendy instead and bring her back to Erza and cure her. And then some of us decided to go on teams while i told them that I'll go alone. Lucy wanted to come with me but i told her to just stay there and protect Erza in case something happens.

And that's why I'm running now as i continue to search for Wendy, though i find it hard since i can't even smell her scent. I let out a sigh and just as i was about to turn left, someone jumped from the trees making me stop suddenly on my tracks. I look up and my eyes fell on the man before there's another thud and another man had appeared and before i know it lots of footsteps came in and now there's too many of them already, all surrounding me.

“ Oh.. what a shame. You won't be leaving this forest alive, girly” the man who jumped first said making me furrow my eyebrows as i hear him say it.

I let out a sigh and look around me and to all of them. Based on their appearance, i can tell that they are not that strong for a wizard as my eyes scanned them all. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself as i can feel some anger bubbling up inside me and i turn to them as my eyes hardened.

“ Sorry not sorry but i don't have time for you all” i said to them.

I can see the surprise look on their faces when i said that but before they could do anything, i blow them all with one attack and sees their bodies all laying on the ground, unconscious and shaking.

Thought so.. i shook my head seeing them all down already before i ran again as i continue to run inside the forest. Then suddenly something incoming was directed to where i am and i brace myself for it until i sense Racer heading towards me. I transform myself with my golden armor and readied for the time he comes until i felt it more closer to me.

Here he comes.. i thought before appearing on his way in a flash. And for a second i caught sight the look on his face in that moment, he was surprised when i suddenly appeared in front of him before he slammed into me.

There's a loud bang that echoes in the forest as he falls on his butt and let out a groan while rubbing his forehead. My eyes fell on his figure as he looks up to me, making me furrowed my eyebrows at him. Suddenly he gets back on his feet before fleeing away shocking me greatly that he didn't even engage in a fight with me.

Sighed.

I turn my head back at the opposite direction and began running again, still confused on what happen. But as i ran.. something in the air had changes making me stop for a bit. The air suddenly became tense and i can feel some darkness into it too. Until there's a bursts of light that suddenly appear out of nowhere, though the magic surrounding it are filled with darkness.

I stare at it, wide eyed as i realize what really is that light as my lips parted a bit.

Nirvana..i thought still staring at the light.

Brushing myself from the shocked, I quickly run again and follow that light as my core and try to locate it, until a few moments later and i finally found it. I let out a few deep breaths as i panted heavily from all the running I've done and stare at the glowing lights and filled with darkness that lit up into the sky, Nirvana.

Then as i stood there and stare at it. I watch as dark smokes flew towards me before they surrounded me and i feel like my head was about to explode as i let out a groan before i fall on my knees while holding my head and i scream.

What's happening?

__________

Cobra watched from behind the trees as he stared at the screaming figure of Enlil who's kneeling on the ground. A smirk appeared on his face, knowing what really is happening to her, then his snake let out a hiss like it says something to him and Cobra nodded his head before the snake unwrapped its body around him. After that, Cobra turn around with a satisfied smirk on his face.

A few moments later, Enlil woke up from being unconscious. She stood up slowly before turning around and starts walking to a direction. There's a shadow on her face as she continues to walk to where her mind is telling her to go, until she finally reached it and emerged from behind the rocks startling the two person who's having a conversation.

Erza quickly turns her head upon sensing a new presence with them, but let out a sigh seeing that it was only Enlil. Though there's something different on her and Erza can't help but to stare her.

“ Enlil.. why are you here?” Erza asked carefully narrowing her eyes as the girl didn't respond to her.

Jellal looks up and also stared at the girl, he doesn't know who she is but Erza seems to know about the girl and so just watch them. Though he also felt like something is wrong as the person in front of them continue to just stood there with shadows covering her face.

Enlil looks up to them and there's an evil grin that formed on her face before she let out a laugh, causing for Erza to look at the girl in confusion.

“ Erza Scarlet..” Enlil said but pause a bit as her eyes fell on the said girl. “ What would be Fairytail's reaction when you suddenly disappeared, eh?”

Erza seems surprised about it and blink a few times looking at the girl. Now she's really confused and can tell that there is really something going on. Then out of nowhere, Enlil appeared in front of her and sends an attack, hitting her in the stomach. She let out a scream as she landed on the ground and back flips a few times.

“ Erza!” Jellal screamed seeing what happened.

Enlil's eyes turn to him and before he knows it, golden blast came out from the ground also hitting him directly causing for him to flew on the rocks and collided to it. Erza stared in shocked before she turn her head and glare at the girl across from her who's grinning widely. She can't believe it that Enlil are attacking them.. her team and guild mates.

Erza clench her jaw before she summon her sword and flew to her. Enlil seeing that she's about to attack, casted a spell, shielding herself from her sword making Erza to grunt before jumping back. Enlil sends out a few lance of gold on her direction but Erza all avoided it. Erza then requips her armor before sending a few swords on Enlil's direction though Enlil tried to do the same but unfortunate as one or two sword managed to graze her skin. She glared at the scarlet mage as she stomped at the ground, sending another attack but Erza was quick as she requips to her another armor and flew in her direction. And seeing that Enlil was wide open, Erza's eyes hardened before she strike the girl with her sword making her scream in pain and was sent back to the ground.

A thud was heard as Enlil lays on the ground though she's still conscious, Erza stood not far from her. Looking down to her guild mates and friend, who's groaning a bit.

“ Stop, it Erza” Jellal said suddenly causing for her to turn her head to him. “ Nirvana has an effect to some living things who's near that light. It changes one's personality from their opposite and she must be nearby and affected her”

Erza stared at him in surprised before she turn her head back to the girl who's now grinning at her. That's why she's like this.. the Enlil i know isn't something like this though.. she thought as she tighten her hold on her sword and thinks about the time when the girl had saved her and protected her too.

“ What should i do?” she asked staring at the girl.

Jellal let out a sigh before telling her that she should knock her out for her to come back from her senses and the Nirvana's effect will be lifted. To which Erza did as she mutters a small apology and completely knocking her out. Her eyes fell on the girl's sleeping face and realize that this was the first time she got close to the girl after what happened a week ago and she can't help but let out a sigh. Conflicted and utterly confused on what's really happening before her eyes falls on Jellal who's sitting on the ground and looking up at the light. She turned away and let out a heavy sigh and let her sword to disappear.

I need to know what really happened..