27. Failure

“ Come on Enlil, fight me!” Natsu screamed with his fist raise in the air.

“ Get lost Natsu” i said and let out a sigh.

A week after the Fantasia parade, all we did was heal ourselves. With the help of Porlyuscia and my self healing magic, all my injuries had disappeared completely.

Natsu has been on my tail for the past few days now, asking me for a fight. And all i did was turn him down and fled but this time he had me cornered at the guild and i let out a sigh. I just didn't want to end up destroying things. I look up to the counter and sees Mira, cleaning some bottles of wine and rearranged them while having a conversation with Makarov. I walk to them and they turn their heads to me, i still can hear Natsu's voice behind me but decided to not pay attention to him as i take a seat on one of the stool.

“ Hey Enlil” Mira said to me while Makarov just stared at me.

“ Hey Mira..” i said back to her and give Makarov a nod before i turn to her again.

“ Say Mira.. Do you know where Erza is?” i asked and she stare at me for a moment before a grin appear on her face and put down the bottle of wine she's holding.

“ Oh.. what is this now?” she asked grinning widely to me and i let out a sigh as i shook my head.

“ I have something that i own, that i lent to her during the battle of Fairytail, and she hasn't returned it yet ” i told her as the grin on her face disappeared and gave me a nod.

She took the bottle again and told me that Erza must be in Fairy Hills. I asked her where is that and after she told me the place, i turn on my heels and ready to leave the guild. But then i forgot that Natsu was still trying to get me to fight him. This man is really getting on my nerves.. i thought to myself and i was just about to ignore him again like what I'm always doing, but i guess he had enough of my running and said something that made me stop on my tracks. The whole guild fell in silence as Makarov's eyes widen in shock.

“ Coward”

I turn my body sideways and look at Natsu directly on his eyes, my face were devoid of any emotions as i stared at him.

Why am i getting a feeling that something like this had happen before? I thought still staring at him. Then before he could do anything a magic circle appeared under him and he scream in pain as gold blast hit him directly and he was sent on the other side of the counter, breaking all the bottles of wine that was there. I can hear Happy calls for him as i turn away and starts walking again.

Yeah.. something like this really had happen before.. i thought as the memory of Makarov doing the same thing played on my mind and i let out a sigh as i shook my head. Men..

__________

Walking on the streets i can't help but smile seeing everyone enjoying their day as children run everywhere. I follow the route to where Mira had told me where Fairy Hills are and i am kinda surprised to see that it leads me to a Hill, like literally a Hill, i guess that's one of the reason why it's called like that. Looking at the tall building, i tried to knock on the door and ring the doorbell until someone had opened it, revealing Juvia.

I asked her if Erza were inside but she told me that she had left not long ago making me blinked as i didn't even see her anywhere. I thanked her after that and apologize for bothering her which shw quickly brushes it off saying that she wasn't really doing anything. I give her a smile before i turn around and was about to go back but then suddenly the wind blew passed me and i caught a familiar scent.

My feet dragged me to where the scent is coming from until my eyes fell on the figure sitting at ground while leaning on some rocks. Her hair were flying behind her as the soft wind continues to blow in our direction. Then my eyes fell on the scenery.. the sun was settling down and what surprises me is the light that shined in the sky making it to reflect everywhere. A scarlet color of rays while the sky were clear of clouds and the sun about to set.. it was beautiful,.. like her.. i thought as my eyes fell on her again. I let out a sigh before i shook my head and started to walk in her direction.

“ What are you doing here?”

I blinked as i heard her say it before scoffing a little.

“ Wow.. no greetings first. I guess you really don't want to see me then” i said making her chuckle a bit.

I took a seat beside her, though there's some space between us since i don't want to get in her personal space and made her uncomfortable. A silence fell on us.. but this time it wasn't awkward or anything, instead it was peaceful and i can't help but to close my eyes and enjoy the air that's brushing on my skin softly.

“ During our battle with Laxus.. i saw him..” Erza said suddenly making me to open my eyes and look at her, confused on who she is talking about, but she was staring far ahead of us and there's a look of something on her face.. then she turn her head to me and look directly to my eyes.

“ I saw Jellal” she said making my eyes widen as i stared at her in shocked.

Jellal? That's impossible.. i thought.

“ Maybe he escaped and..-”

“ That's impossible, Erza” i cutted her off making her to turn her head back to me and her eyes hardened as she glare at me. I was taken a back by that, that it made me widen my eyes as my lips parted a bit.

“ How so?” she asked. “ Maybe if you didn't knocked me out and let Simon take me away from the tower, maybe.. maybe i could have done something to save him” 

I stare at her, baffled and speechless. Her voice has anger on it and there's also some tears on the edge of her eyes that it literally made me shut my mouth before she turned her head away. The look on her face earlier.. it was longing, hurt and sadness.

She loves him..

I thought coming to a realization. I gulped as i don't really know what to say.. my gaze fell on my lap as i tried to process what she said and what i discover. There's another silence that fell on us but this time.. it was tense. Then after a moment i heard a movement beside me, making me glance at her. She was back on her feet now.. she didn't say anything nor even glance at me and just left as her hair sway a bit. My eyes continue to stare at her back until her figure disappeared from the distance and i let out a heavy and shaky breath and stare ahead of me.

I thought i was protecting them..i guess i still failed.. i thought as flashes of Mavis, Zera, Yuri, Rob and Servien's face appeared in my mind. I clenched my jaw as my hands balled in a fist. If only i have knew.. my lips trembled a bit until a lump in my throat appeared.

I stay there for hours until the sky had turned dark and the stars had began to appear as the wind had turned cold. I lay on my back as memories from the past keeps playing on my mind starting the day from Goldera and everything that follows after that. Thinking of them all and what i have been through.. all the trainings that i did back then just to become a Keeper. A protector. It made me realize one thing..

I'm a Failure ’