12. Phantom who?

Following the familiar scent, it led me more inside the forest. But the question is, what is he doing here? And why is the guild looking like that? I continue to follow it until i stopped from walking as i saw where it was coming from.

Who's house is this?

I walked closer to it before making my way at the door and i pushed it open. Thinking the worse..

“ Makarov!” i exclaimed. But before i could step inside, a flying broom was headed my way and i duck a bit as it flew passed my head.

Until i caught on, on another familiar scent and hear some footsteps, revealing those familiar pink hair, Porlyuscia.

“ I didn't know you're back” she said to me.

I stared at her for a moment. Shocked upon seeing her here. She has changed a lot, she's old now and have those wrinkles on her skin yet some of other things haven't changed one bit, one is being a violent person and always throwing brooms on someone. I blinked a little remembering that she said something.

“ I just arrived a few minutes ago” i said. “ But while i was walking on the streets, something caught my attention and there's a lot of iron sticking out at the guild. What's happening? And why is Makarov's scent all over here?”

I said to her and the image of the guild with those irons sticking out made me angry again. My jaw clenched tightly. And i heard her letting out a sigh before stepping on the side. My eyes fell on the bed and on a laying figure there. My lips parted a bit as my eyes widen in shocked. Makarov was laying there looking a bit green while breathing hard. I ran to his direction and look down at him. Sweat are all over his face and he was groaning a bit.

Wha..? Makarov! I thought. I was completely speechless and very much confused on what really is happening. I turn my head to look on Porlyuscia and asked her about what happened to him.

She let out a sigh before something cross from her face before it disappear.

“ Phantom Lord happened” she said shortly making me more confused. Who's that?

“ Phantom who?” i asked and she look up to me.

“ The rival guild of Fairytail. Those fools has been on Fairytail's ass since before, and up to this time, and suddenly they did something that caused this old fool to go and wage a war to that guild” she said to me. “ And they are the one who trashes the guild”

I fell in silence for a moment thinking about what she said but something is not adding up to it. I know Makarov, he won't go for something small and fight with someone. I sighed as i look at her.

“ That's not all, isn't it? Makarov won't do something like that and decide to wage a war if it's just about trashing the guild, what is it?” i asked her narrowing my eyes at her. She was silent for a moment but my eyes fell on her clenched hands at her side. The tension are raising around us and somehow i can feel her getting angry.

“ While i don't like those brats for always causing such trouble everywhere, i still don't wish it to happen to them or anyone in the guild..” she said lowly. “ Those Phantom fools decided to hurt three of those children making this fool to wage war and go to that guild, only to end up with someone draining his magic”

My ears perked up at it and my eyes widened hearing what she said. Someone that can drain magic? That's dangerous.. even a powerful wizard can be powerless if they managed to drain their magic. And it was used on Makarov..

I look down again on Makarov's body before hearing a loud explosion from somewhere. I clench my fist and felt the same rage bubbling up inside me again. Looking down on Makarov, who's in pain. It made me think of Yuri and how i was not there to protect and saved him. My jaw clenched more and i can feel myself shaking. I should do something!

Go” i heard Porlyuscia and i look at her, confused.

“ If you want to do something for him, go and saved those children from the grasp of Phantom Lord. They are more important to him than he values his life” she said and i stare at her for a moment before nodding my head.

I look back again to the bed and to her.

“ Take care of him for me, Porlyuscia” i said before turning away and walked outside the house.

Phantom Lord? They will pay!

____________

NO ONE'S POV

The loud yelling and screams of the members of Fairytail can be heard from the distance as they stared at the huge guild of Phantom Lord. A cannon was pointed out to them and there's a crater on the ground when the Phantom fired Jupiter but was blocked with Erza Scarlet, resulting with her to have such injuries upon her body. Jose Porla, was angered at what he's hearing from them and glared at everyone.

“ Very well. Then you must get a taste of another blast from Jupiter, you Fairy brats!” he screams as veins are popping up on his forehead.

Everyone was shocked upon hearing it, not believing it but before something could happen. The Jupiter Cannon explodes right before their eyes, shocking everyone including Jose. Suddenly, a figure jumped away from the fire and landed on the ground in a crouch position. The person was wearing a full armor suit with gold lines to it. The person was also wearing a hood on their head making it impossible to see their face but they all felt the amount of pressure the person is releasing and was shocked about it. They all stood with high alert, not knowing if they are a friend or a foe.

___________

I slowly stood up with my hood still upon my head. I can feel everyone's stares but my focus was on the guild in front of me. I watched as smokes flew in the air when i busted the huge cannon that is pointed at everyone. And i noticed the crater on the ground earlier when i jumped and flew in the air but think nonetheless of it. I should focus on what's in front of me first. There was a silence that fell and i can feel the high tension in the air.

I stared in front of me before taking a deep breath, controling the anger that's on the pit of my stomach wanting to come out.

“ Are you Phantom Lord?” i asked to no one in  particular. My voice was low and held seriousness on it. And i waited for an answer.

“ I am. And what about it?” a voice said from somewhere but i can tell it was coming from inside of that guild. The anger surge through my body upon the confirmation, making the ground shake a little at the pressure of my magic i was releasing as i glared at the Phantom guild and clench my hands.

“ You will pay!” i said with a growl before taking a leap and jump high from the ground.

I summon my sword when i let it disappear earlier and hold it tightly in my hands as i can see some group of people heading towards me. I landed on my feet before making a run and take down those men striking them down, and made my way inside. My eyes glare at every corner as i fought with some members coming my way not showing any ounce of mercy.

I can hear some explosions all around the Phantom's guild and take it upon myself that Fairytail must have began their move. I continue to take down the members using my sword as i made my way up and try to sense the other person i was looking for. I can feel their presence, and i can tell that i was nearing their current location, it made me tighten my hold on the sword and slash it to another member of their guild. The cape on my back was flying around as i walked in the hallways.

The guild shakes a little from all the fights that's happening, and as i turn to another corner, i was met with the person i am looking for.

“ It's you”