Chapter 5: Just me

CLARKE POV

I sigh as I talk to Lexa about me. I don't know why but it feels so normal and light sharing these things to her. I don't want to overshare as I think she might know me. I was a cover for multiple times in dozen of magazines like Forbes and Times. And I also have billboards for being the youngest CEO and Billionaire.

But hey, seems like she's genuine so I shrugg at the idea but still keeping it distant.

I glance at my clock and it's almost 9pm. I didn't even got the chance to start the pile of papers in my desk as I was busy talking to Lexa. I hurriedly messaged Wells to pick me upfront. I walked to the elevator and waited for Wells.

We drove back to my empty house and I see Maya waiting for me in the kitchen with freshly cooked meal.

Me: Thanks for the food Maya. Have you eaten? Call Wells and we all eat together.

Maya was about to protest but I stop her.

Me: Please, i'm the boss remember?

Maya nods and went to invite Wells. We all sat at the table and eat quietly. I thanked the both of them, then I went my bedroom.

I sigh looking at my empty dark room. I remember in my childhood home, my room was full of posters and paintings that I drew. But now, it's just plain gray wall. I dropped my things at my corner table and went for a quick shower.

When I was changing, I noticed my phone was lighting up. I realized I forgot to tell Lexa that I was going to take a shower.

lwoods
Sometimes, yea. But sometimes, I just want to relax and some peace and quiet.
<sent>
Hey are you still there?
<sent>
Maybe you're busy. Sorry
<sent>
Okay, just message whenever. Goodnight, Clarke.

cgriffin
Hey, sorry. I forgot to tell you, I just ate and showered because I just got home

lwoods
Just got home? It's 10:30, Clarke. Jeez, what do you do?

cgriffin
Sorry princess, got caught up in a lot of paper works. But I'm home now.

lwoods
Okay, then. You have your rest now since it's already late.

cgriffin
Meh, I usually don't sleep early anyways. I think I have insomnia.

lwoods
Why so?

cgriffin
Cause, even if I'm hella tired, I still don't get sleep at a decent hour

lwoods
Hmm, yea. I feel that too sometimes.

cgriffin
So, Ms. Woods. Are you really not a catfish?

I wanted to change the topic as it was starting to get sad again. I just shared to her about my dreams, I don't want to stress her more of my insomnia. She might think that I'm crazy. This is the first person, after Raven and Octavia, that I feel like I'm okay talking to.

lwoods
Like I said, I'm not. Maybe you are Ms. Griffin.

cgriffin
If I am, then I wouldn't be saying to want to talk to a real person would I?

lwoods
Hmm, fair point. But how can I be sure?

She's right. How can she be sure I'm not a catfish? Maybe I should ask her for some pictures or proof that she is who she says she is. And maybe, if she asks for mine, I'll find out if she really knows me or not.

------------------------------------------------------

LEXA POV

So Clarke goes home at a very late hour. What job does that? Hmmm, maybe someone from a call center agency? I really am not sure.

Wait, why am I worried? I know I like girls, but I haven't even met this person. And besides, Titus will kill me if I enter into a relationship, let alone a woman. I sigh, this is one of the disadvantages of being famous.

cgriffin
Hmmm, how about this. I send a photo of me and some information about me. Then you do the same. Agree?

Looks okay for me. This can be the chance for me to find out if she really knows me or not.

lwoods
Okay then, agreed. You go first, Clarke.

cgriffin
So, here's me. Don't bash how I look please.
About me, hmmm. I am 25 years old. I graduated at a young age due to peer pressure of family and funds. I live alone now, and have 2 quirky bestfriends who live in a duplex beside my house. And I'm Intersex....which makes me 100% gay.

I stare at Clarke's photo, and wow

I stare at Clarke's photo, and wow. She's just wow. No words can describe how beautiful she is. I read all about her, and she's almost the same age as me, and she's a genius for graduating early. She's also gay, hmm. wait stop it Lexa. And Intersex? What does it have to do about being gay? Hmmm let me research about it.

Ohhhhh, intersex. A female with male genitalia and hormones. Well that's interesting. But who cares? She is who is she is. As long as she's not a bitch then I love her. Wait no, not love. Like... wait no. Friend-like. Ugh. Okay I have to respond now.

lwoods
Wow Clarke, you're really beautiful. And hey, no bashing on my side.

cgriffin
Aw, thanks Lex. Now how about you princess?

I take a deep breath, here goes nothing. Atleast, it was pleasant knowing Clarke.

lwoods
Okay then, so here's me. I'm Lexa Woods as you know, 24 years old. I love to play music like piano, drums, or cello, Music-nerd I know. I also have 2 bestfriends, well 1 if you consider my step-sister as not bestfriend. They both work with me so that's fun. They make life pretty sane.

 They make life pretty sane

cgriffin
Oh wow.

Uh-oh. This is it. I think she knows me already. I sigh.

lwoods
Yep, that's me.

cgriffin
You Lexa Woods, STUNNING!
You're so fucking beautiful, oh my god. Why haven't I seen you all my life? I could've married you already.

Marry? wow that's bold of her to say. Wait, she doesn't know me?

Now that's interesting.

-----------------------------------

End of Chapter 5.