Chapter 7: Day Off

CLARKE POV

I finished the song to Lexa. I know she wasn't able to listen to the whole song as I heard small snores on the other line. I smiled at the thought that she fell asleep with my voice. I listened to her breathing before deciding to end the call.

As I have advised Lexa, I went down to the kitchen to warm some milk and drank it. I laid back down and played some piano instrumental. In a few minutes, I drifted off to sleep with a smile on my face, imagining Lexa sleeping beside me.

(the next day)

I woke up groaning as I hear the alarm on my phone signaling that I have to wake up. I quickly checked my phone hoping to see a message from Lexa, but to my dismay, na-da.

Me: This is way too early for me. Ugh

I groan as I checked my schedule of the day. To my surprise, the whole morning is free. Which means, I can still sleep until lunch time.

I called Raven and Octavia to tell them to just go to work

Me: Hey guys, good morning. Ontari sent me my schedule of the day and I have no meetings til this afternoon.

Raven: Aw man, that's a first. But hey, you enjoy it Griffster.

Octavia: Why won't you just call Ontari and tell her that you move all meetings today so you can have a full day's rest. We all know that you deserve it.

Raven: She's right C. And maybe the boss might allow me and O take a leave today and we can all hang out.

Me: Haha, nice try Rae but you know you have to finish the new product before we continue the deal Octavia is dealing with.

Octavia: You bet your ass Rae, go freaking finish that product so we can have a rest day.

Raven: Yes yes geezz. I thought you both are my friends.

Me: Yea, well I'm your boss too. So both of you get your asses at work and tell me if anything happens. Goodnight bitches.

I hang up the call without hearing their goodbyes. I was about to go back to bed when my tummy says otherwise. I stood up and made my way downstairs and see Maya already fixing my breakfast into a tupperware.

Me: Hey Maya, good morning. You don't have to do that. I won't be going to work for the day. That's why I'm giving you and Wells to take the rest of the day off. You both can take the sedan.

Maya: Oh CG, you don't have to-

Me: Oh please Maya, I insist. You've been looking out for me for the past few years. This is the only time I get to repay you. So please, call Wells and go have a relaxing day.