Chapter 10: Food

LEXA POV

I am having a chill conversation with Clarke when she suddenly blurted out that she missed me today. I am kicking myself for not saying that I missed her too but my silence just gave away a different answer.

Clarke said goodbye and ended the call. I groaned as I know I have ruined things for the both of us.

I thought over if I should call her back or not, but I decided to just let it go. But of course, I wouldn't want to end the day without saying good night.

lwoods
Hey Clarke, I'm sorry if I did something wrong. But if you want some space, I understand. Take care of yourself, Clarke. Message whenever. Good night.

I sigh and closed my phone. I laid back down in my bed and tried to sleep. After a couple of minutes, I heard my phone pinged. And I quickly checked if it was Clarke. To my dismay, it wasn't. It was just Titus reminding of the taping on Tuesday.

I flopped back to bed and forced myself to sleep.

<the next day>

I wake up with my phone ringing. I groaned as I know that I have the whole day's rest today, and I'd probably kill whoever is calling me. I glanced at the clock and shit, it's still 6:00 in the morning.

I grab my phone and answer the call angrily.

Me: You better have a good reason for waking me up this fucking early.

I sit up as I hear the voice on the other line. It's Clarke.

Clarke: Oh sorry, I thought you had work today. I'll let you be. Goodbye

Me: Clarke? Wait, no. It's okay.

The line went silent. I don't know what to say but I don't want to let her go.

Me: Are you okay, Clarke?

Clarke: Yea, I just couldn't sleep that's all.

I was shocked hearing this. It's already 6 in the morning and she hasn't slept?

Me: Are you for real? Why haven't you called earlier then so I could've helped you fall asleep.

Clarke: Sorry, I just didn't know if it's okay to call you or not.

Me: Why of course it's always okay Clarke. We're friends, right?

Right. Friends Lexa, nothing more.

Clarke: Oh, uh. Of course, we're friends.

Me: Good. So now, tell me. Have you eaten since anything last night?