Chapter 12: Polis Cafe

CLARKE POV

I finished showering and Raven, Octavia and I head our way out to eat, snack or something. Raven suggested that we go this Cafe which apparently has tons of buzz. Since Raven was driving, I had the chance to check my phone. But unfortunately, Lexa hasn't seen my message yet. She probably is busy or something.

Me: So O, where are we going exactly?

Octavia: Just near Polis St. It's actually a single franchise. The food and drinks there are amazing.

Raven: Are you sure it's just the food?

Octavia smacked Raven's arm and I just laughed. I know something is up.

Me: Oh yea, do tell Rae.

Rae: Well, Octavia and I went jogging one time and we stumbled to this cafe near Polis St. When we went it, O forgot how to speak when she saw the manager.

I looked at O giving Raven a side-eye and I just laughed. I know she won't smack Raven again since she knows how I'll get angry if something happens, and rave's driving.

Me: Oh my god. I can imagine the look on Octavia's face. Tell me more.

Raven: So, we went to the counter to order our drinks. And when I asked Octavia for hers, she was gone. I looked around and she ran off.

I burst out laughing and so is Raven.

Raven: So I apologized to the owner and left to look for Octavia.

Me: Where'd you find her?

Raven: At the end of the street sitting like a lost puppy.

Me: Hahaha oh my gosh O. That's surely one for the books. If you ran off, then how come we're going there now? And how'd you know they have good food?

Octavia: We've been there a couple of times since then but god blessed me that the owner is not there whenever we go. So I'm hoping now, we don't see her again.

Octavia says shyly and Raven and I just laughs.

Me: Oh come on, if she's there, go and talk to her idiot. It's about time you have someone to bother.

Raven: Oh talk about the peace and quiet, right Griff?

Octavia: Oh shut it the two of you. Says you, Rae.

We laugh together and continue our way to the cafe.

Me: So what's the name of the Cafe?

Raven: Polis Cafe.

Of course the name of the Cafe is the name of the street. What a cliche. Oh well, if they say it's good food, who am I to judge.

We arrive at the Cafe and surprisingly, it is big and it has a lot of people. It really must be good. We walk inside and I see a wide variety of choices in the menu plastered near the counter. I get distracted with Raven poking me.

Raven: Octavia is looking like a lost puppy again searching for a certain Cafe manager.

I laugh as I look at Octavia. I pulled her close to me and gave her a squeeze.

Me: You'll be okay, O. If she's here, then I won't let anything happen to you.

Octavia gives me a warm smile and nods. Since there was a couple of lines, the three of us are chatting and soon after, it was time for us to order. Octavia seemed relax since I think the manager was not around.