Chapter 62: Back in LA

LEXA POV

For the past three weeks, Clarke has been recovering in Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital here in LA. After two days in NYC, Abby was able to pull some strings to transport Clarke in LA.

Thankfully, my directors and producers understand my situation and gave me an indefinite leave. I'm glad that I was able to shoot the whole season already so I have the freedom to return back to set.

I was the one taking care of Clarke full time as Raven and Octavia went back to work in Grounders. Anya also went to manage the Cafe. And since Luna was available, Clarke offered her an assistant role in Grounders Inc. She knew that Ontari has a lot on her plate so she needed a second one, and Luna was more than willing to take the role. She is free however to work in Grounders and as my make-up artist if I have shoots.

Today, Clarke is finally getting discharged. Thankfully, the doctors were able to remove all bullet fragments in Clarke's spine and it didn't cause any paralysis. She had a little therapy in walking but now, she's about 80% healed.

Wells came by the hospital, and drove us to Clarke's house. When we arrived, Maya welcomed us with a freshly cooked meal.

After eating, I helped Clarke to her room and settle down.

Me: How are you feeling?

Clarke: Amazing. Thank you, Lexa, for keeping me company at the hospital.

We just smiled at each other standing in the living room.

In all honesty, this is a bit awkward. I want her back but I don't know if she'll take me back.

Me: I should go, I'll let you sleep.

Clarke: Oh, uh, sure. Thanks, again.

I don't want to go but I don't know what to do either.

Should I hug her? Kiss her? She walks me to my car and wave goodbye

I drove away Clarke's house with big frustration. That was the most awkward situation I have ever been.

Seriously, why didn't I ask her if I could stay?

When I arrived, I flopped myself to bed thinking about all the things that has happened for the almost 2 months.

It makes me sad and angry, but at the same time, happy.

Happy to see Clarke back.

--------------------------

CLARKE POV

Lexa just left my house and sure hell that was awkward. I honestly didn't know what to do. It's like we're back to being strangers. I mean, the way we acted. Like we were trying to know what's the best course of action. And we both ended up standing and just staring at each other.

I'm glad we are good friends again, but I don't know how to approach her. I love her so goddamn much. I forgive her for everything that has happened.

But I just don't know if she wants me to be her girlfriend again. I know how important her career is, and I don't want to cause her any more problems.

I sigh and went to have a shower. I need to take all my worries away. It will not do me any good.

I finished showering and went to sit on my bed to check any messages.

Raven and Octavia are right

Raven and Octavia are right. Lexa and I already lost each other, but we clearly have feelings for each other. And I know for a fact that I can't lose her because I need her. I want her to be mine.

I sigh as my doorbell rang. I went to see who it is.

Me: Lexa.

Lexa: Hi. May I come in?

I nod and let her come in. We both sat at the living room in silence

Me: Uh, Lex-

Lexa: I know you need the rest, I can go-

The two of us kept on cutting each other off. We want to say things but we just don't know how. Since we sat there awkwardly, I just went ahead and break the ice. I want her. That's all I need.

Me: Stay, Lex.

Lexa looks at me with a warm smile.

Lexa: Are you sure?

Me: Yes I am. I really am.

We both look at each other with a smile, but the awkward vibes is still spreading like fire. And I'm pretty sure if Raven, Octavia, Anya and Luna were here, they'd kill us with the awkward vibes spreading around the house.

Lexa: We didn't actually talk about what happened for the past 3 weeks.

Me: Oh, I didn't want to pressure you.

Lexa: It's okay. But we both have to.

Me: So.... I'm sorry again if I worried you and that I jump into some death-like situations.

Lexa: Hmmm. Yea. Never do that again. I was afraid I was going to lose you.

Me: I'm sorry, Lex. I really am. I was too weak to come back to you after that day.

Lexa: It's all in the past, Clarke. It's as much as my fault. I called you names and a cheater. I should've just listened to you.

Me: Yes, but look, we got stronger now.

Lexa: but you were hurt because of it. You lost your sobriety. I could've literally lost you, Clarke.

Lexa was on the verge of crying, I came closer to her and stroked her arms as I hugged her. She melted into my embrace and we just sat there hugging.

Me: Hey. It's not your fault, Lex. Everything happens for a reason. Look, I am okay. You're here and I'm here. My heart is beating, for you.

Lexa looks up at me and she smiles at me.

Lexa: I really am sorry, Clarke. For everything. If I could've just trusted you--

Me: Say you're sorry one more time and I'll stop talking to you.

She laughs and I just chuckle.

Me: So, how about we stay here, cuddle if possible, and watch FRIENDS?

Lexa: I thought you never asked.

Lexa smiles at me as I set up the TV and played FRIENDS.

This is home.
--------------------------------------------

End of Chapter 62