Chapter 67: Talk The Talk

LEXA POV

Clarke and I got back from France. I can't believe that we had a whole weekend trip in France, but it felt like a month. Clarke really spoiled me.

The two of us can't get enough of each other so we decided to hang-out in my place for the day. We knew that Maya and Wells will be in Clarke's house. We didn't want our peace to end just yet.

As we arrived in my house, Clarke groaned flopping down the couch, dropping all the luggage. I just chuckled at her as I went to sit beside her.

Me: Tired much?

Clarke: Somebody fucked me all weekend, and haven't got any rest

Clarke rolls giving me a seductive smirk and I just roll my eyes.

We both groan as we hear my phone ringing. I look at it and it's one of my PR's sending me a photo.

 I look at it and it's one of my PR's sending me a photo

Me: Babe, justsomepaps uploaded another photo of us.

Clarke: Is it us, doing the dirty?

Clarke smirks and I just groaned. She sits up and looks at my phone.

Clarke: Let them be. At least we look good. I'm going to sue their ass off if they post another annoying issue about us. But if we look good, then let them be. As long as you're okay, I'm okay.

I smile at Clarke. She really knows how to keep the situation light.

As much as I love calling her my girlfriend, I want to make sure that in the future, we don't get to break up anymore. I want to come clean to Clarke, and I hope she opens up to me as well.

Me: Babe? Can we talk?

Clarke: Sure, what's wrong?

Me: I know a lot of things has happened already. But I just want to come clean to you.

Clarke sits up properly and looks at me.

Me: A few years ago, I met Costia when I had a shoot in NYC. We hit it off really fast, and I didn't even know she was a journalist. When I invited her over my hotel, thankfully, she admitted she was a journalist. But she promised me that she won't tell a single soul about everything I told her.

Clarke: You weren't out that time yet.

Me: yeah. I basically admitted to her that I like girls, but can't because of work. I told her about how I grew up, and how I became an actress. I even admitted to her about my first ever crush. You know, the blonde girl back in Australia?

Clarke nods at me.

Me: So yea, after she admitted that she was a journalist. I immediately stopped her. But she said that she'll wait for me. But I never reciprocated what she felt for me. She was just a friend, at the time that I was lost. So when I found you, and I became open to my sexuality, she probably wanted to wipe me out through you. So, I'm sorry you went through shit because of me.

I looked down feeling guilty. But Clarke pulled my chin up so we see eye to eye. Tears were starting to form in my eyes and Clarke just gave me a warm smile.

Clarke: You don't have to apologize, Lexa. It's not your fault. I don't care about Costia, I only care about you. It's not your fault her crazy mind wanted us to break-up. But look at us now. We're here together despite all those shit they threw at us. And she's locked up in jail for a long time, including Titus. So stop, stop apologizing okay? I love you

Me: I love you so much more, Clarke. So much, I can't imagine my life without you.

I pulled Clarke to a deep kiss and she gladly kissed me back.

-------------------------------

CLARKE POV

Lexa just opened up to me about Costia. I like this relationship of ours. I don't have anything to hide to Lexa. She accepts me for who I am. I don't want any troubles anymore between us, so I want to tell her everything about me as well.

Me: Since we're telling our secrets, I also want to tell you about me.

Lexa: Oh, you're not obligated to Clarke. Just when you're ready, I'm here.

Me: I am... So, as you know I relapsed. When I was in college, I was snaked by my so-called 'friends'. I was literally tired of everything. It's like I already lost hope in living. I used drugs and alcohol as my escape, Lex. My dad was going through cancer, my mom was basically living in the hospital to save up cash, and well me, I'm tired. Since I can remember, I was already doing adult-work. I went to different jobs so I can help my family eat and pay bills.

I tear up a bit remembering my past. Lexa holds my hand and soothes me.

Me: So when I got into college, I was glad that I had a scholarship. Raven and Octavia had the same class schedule. I had a different one. So I was alone. I got tired of everything, my bestfriends aren't there to comfort me, so I lost myself and let other people consume me. 2 years, Lex. For 2 years I wasted my life in bars and partying because of drugs and alcohol. It made me forget everything. One day, I failed one exam and I got the news that my dad was rushed to the hospital again. When I arrived at the hospital, I saw my mom and dad crying. I didn't dare to enter knowing that it's bad news. That day was full of shit that I.....

Lexa: I'm here, Clarke. I'm here baby.

I sighed deep looking at those green eyes.

Me: I overdosed, and I lost my life. Thankfully Raven and Octavia were at the same bar as I was and they saw me collapsed. I got revived back, and was sent to a rehab facility. That day, I vowed not to use anymore because that was my dad's last request to me. I agreed to go to rehab, and when I got back, I was happy. I saw my friends and family again. But a few weeks later, my dad passed. I wanted to go back, to drinking and to drugs. But my mind kept repeating my father's words 'don't ever go back to that life'. So I didn't. I worked my ass off, until Grandma Becca came and gave me the company. I was so hurt with everything, and I couldn't let myself go with alcohol and drugs, so I drowned myself with work. Until I met you, Lex. You made me realize that life is more than just surviving. I learned how to enjoy my time with the people I love the most. It's because of you that I am here living my life, happy. I love you, princess.

Lexa: Clarke....I love you.

Lexa tears up and engulfed me into a hug. We stayed hugging for a few minutes, feeling each other's presence.

Lexa: I'm sorry you had to go through all of that Clarke. But I promise you, you're never alone. I'm here, annoying your ass off until we die.

Me: I'm looking forward to that, my love.

I give Lexa a kiss and we both smile.

We continued our day watching reruns of FRIENDS, until both of us fell into a deep slumber in Lexa's couch.

I'm finally free.

--------------------------------------------

End of Chapter 67