Chapter 11: Coffee Please

CLARKE POV

I was shocked to say the least, when Lexa mentioning about us hanging out. Of course I want to, since I have a new friend and all. But at the same time, I'm afraid because she's a total stranger to me. So I decided to ride on and pass the question back to her.

Me: Wouldn't you want us to hang-out?

Lexa: Hehe, of course I would. Just after maybe you sleep.

Me: Of course. Then maybe you wouldn't think of me as a catfish.

Lexa: Never doubted you for a second.

Me: haha yea right.

Then suddenly my doorbell rang, indicating that the food Lexa delivered has arrived.

Me: Oh, that's my doorbell. I should get that.

Lexa: Yea, that's your food. Enjoy, Clarke.

Me: Thanks, Lex. I'll repay you someday.

Lexa: Can't wait. Talk to you later?

Me: Of course. Go get back to sleep.

Lexa: I will. And promise me that you'll sleep after you eat?

Me: I promise, princess. Now sleep. Thank you again, Lex.

Lexa: Anytime. Goodbye, Clarke.

I end the call with a big smile on my face.

I went downstairs to get the food when I saw Maya. Oh, I forgot she and Wells are coming back today.

Maya: Ms. CG, there's a food delivery for you from a LW. It's already paid so I just grabbed it.

Me: Yes, I was coming down to get it. Thanks Maya. So, how was your day with your family?

Maya: Oh it was great. Thank you again for letting me go home. I missed them.

Me: Well I'm glad. Starting now, I will let you and Wells go home every weekend to spend it with your families. I'm old enough to handle myself for two days a week.

I gave Maya a warm smile and a tear fell. She immediately hugged me and I hugged her back. Wells came inside the house to ask if we will leave this weekend.

Me: Oh hey, Wells. No I have no plans for the weekend. But like I said to Maya, every weekend, I want you guys to rest and go home to your families. So I apologize for dragging you back here but you guys go ahead and go home. Come back on Monday morning, early before we go to work.

Wells: Oh gosh, thank you Ms. CG. You really are the best boss.

Me: Of course. Now go. Have fun.

Both Maya and Wells gave a nod and went to fix their stuff before leaving to their families. I am happy that I am giving them smiles. I honestly don't know why I got trapped in this work-world for the past three years.

This is the first time I had a break, seriously. And it's because of Lexa. She made me realize that not everything is about work. And I'm starting to like it.