Chapter 41: Statement

CLARKE POV

It's been a week since Lexa and I arrive from San Diego. This past week, she has been busy with tapings and shoots for her series 'Fear the Walking Dead'.

It's Friday, it means I am at work with bunch of paperwork to finish. But thankfully, Lexa is finishing work today early so we have the chance to meet-up for dinner. But my work says otherwise.

cgriffin
Lex, sorry princess, I'm still not done with work. Tomorrow?

I sent Lexa a text apologizing that we can't go out for dinner today as I still have a lot of things to finalize. But good thing tomorrow's weekend so I have two days to hang-out with her.

I frown as I see that Lexa hasn't checked my message yet. I shake myself so I'd focus on my work and be able to finish, at least, earlier.

Just as I was deep in my work, my door sprung open and I groan thinking it's Ontari.

Me: Ontari, I know it's late. But you can go home. I'll lock up in here.

Lexa: I'd better have a talk with that Ontari if she's the one you're expecting.

I look up shocked to see a smiling Lexa with Raven, Anya, Luna, and Octavia following from behind carrying boxes of pizza and other sort of food in a paper bag. I stood up running to Lexa to give her a hug as well as the others.

Me: What are you guys doing here? Not that I don't mind seeing you.

Anya: Lexa here was annoyed that you have a lot of things to do. And since we were already grabbing dinner, Raven thought that we can come and just join you here.

Me: Aww, thanks guys. But you'll just be bored watching me work.

Octavia: No worries, Raven brought her games so we'll just stay there to play. And I'm sure Lexa would rather stare at you.

I laugh as Lexa smacks Octavia but I pull her close to me and give her a kiss. Everyone fake chokes.

We all gather around my mini conference table and started eating. Just then, Lexa's PR team called Anya stating that Jussomepaps has posted a new photo.

 Just then, Lexa's PR team called Anya stating that Jussomepaps has posted a new photo

Me: How do they get photos of me? It's really creepy.

Lexa: Sorry, Clarke. I'll let the PR team handle this. This would be the last time, I Promise.

Lexa looked at me worried but I just smiled at her telling her it's okay.

Anya: Hey, I have an idea. How about you guys go on an interview?

Luna: Oh yea, that's a great idea. You'd be able to clear out all the issues these paparazzi are creating.

Lexa looks at me worried and I just chuckled.