Chapter 29: Aftermath

LEXA POV

Clarke and I are dancing in the middle of the crowd, not talking and not looking at each other. It was completely and utterly silent. I want to talk to her but not just here. I hope this song ends so I could talk to her.

Since Clarke was looking away, I took the opportunity to ogle at her. I can't believe I'm dancing here in front of Clarke Griffin with the most sexy suit. Her form holds tight with this suit and all I want to do is kiss her.

After a few minutes, the song finally ended. Clarke broke off away from me and excused herself. Since Raven, Luna, Anya, and Octavia was near us, I excused myself saying I am going to the restroom. Thankfully they didn't want to join me.

I then followed Clarke as she entered the elevator. I watched as the elevator went up the top floor so I rode the next one and pressed the 62nd floor. Whoa, this building is really high.

I reach the 62nd floor and was welcomed with a large view of LA. I look at the glass door and assumed it was Clarke's office since it was the only door there.

I slowly knocked and entered. The chair in the office table turned and revealed a shocked Clarke.

Me: Clarke, I-

Clarke: Why didn't you tell me Lex?

Me: I didn't know how. At first, I was just cautious that you might be just a fangirl or something. It was kind of impossible for you not to know me because my face is literally around LA.

Clarke: You've known me for weeks. You know how busy I get so I don't have the time to look up, let alone watch news or monitor my socials. You could've told me at least when we kissed.

Me: I know, and I'm sorry. I planned on telling you today but there's this event. So I was hoping to tell to you tomorrow. But today, the universe has some other plans.

 But today, the universe has some other plans

I stood there quietly. Clarke not saying a thing.

Me: And besides, you didn't tell me you're the CEO.

Clarke: I didn't. But I said that I work behind a desk at Grounders Inc. I just hid the CEO part because I don't want to brag about it. It's not like I said that I'm a freelancer. That's what you said to me.

Me: I know, I don't know why I'm comparing it to you. I'm sorry. I guess you don't want to talk to me anymore. I understand. I really am sorry, Clarke.

I looked at her one more time but she just looks away.

I sigh and started to walk away.

-------------------------------

CLARKE POV

I don't know what's going on. I'm mad at her for not telling me that she's an actress. I looked like a fool.

Lexa is clearly sorry. I understand where she's coming from. She was just cautious on who she's talking to. She's an actress for god sakes, and a famous one. I can't stay mad at her, because I like her too much.

I look at Lexa about to leave my office so I quickly pulled her.

I pulled her close to me and kissed her. I feel her froze on my kiss but relaxed immediately. She then returned my kiss. It was a slow yet passionate kiss.

This is our first kiss that we are completely honest with each other and I like it.

I missed this sweet taste of her lips and I could just kiss it all day, everyday.

We were busy kissing until we were interrupted by someone screaming. It was Octavia.

Octavia: Oh my fucking God!

Raven: We came up here since the guards said you came up. Luna and Anya was just about to come and say goodbye and probably ask if you seen Lexa. But now we understand.

Anya: Holy mother- I still can't process it.

Luna: You guys are a hot couple. And I support it.

Lexa: No, we're not a couple guys.

Raven: If you're not a couple, then explain to us the kissing

Lexa looks at me and I just chuckled.

Me: Well, if you must know, Lexa and I started talking a few weeks ago through this online app. We didn't know each other, literally. And we just got to know each other.

Anya: Wait, you don't know who Lexa is?

I shook my head no and Raven and Octavia just laughs.

Raven: Clarke has no life. She doesn't do socials, she doesn't watch news, movies, series.

Me: hey it's not like I wanted it. I'm just a busy person.

Luna: But Lexa's face is all over LA. How come you never see it?

Octavia: Because Clarke's either on her phone or on her laptop working. Raven and I even bet 50 bucks every time Clarke looks up. But she doesn't so we have no money. Haha

Luna: Fair point.

Raven: How about you, Lexa. You didn't know Clarke's the CEO?

Lexa: No. I really had no idea. Nobody mentioned it. Despite us having met multiple times already.

Octavia: yeah but she's in billboards and magazines as well.

Anya: Lexa here doesn't want to look outside as well as she hates seeing her face. So probably that's why she hasn't seen Clarke in billboards and magazines.

 So probably that's why she hasn't seen Clarke in billboards and magazines

Me: So that's our story. Now shut up and go back downstairs.

Raven: How about you guys? Are you gonna have sex?

Lexa and I shouted 'Raven' at the same time and they all laughed as they were leaving to the elevator.

Lexa and I were left alone in my office.

Me: So now that it's all out in the open, and our friends know, do you Lexa Woods would like to go on a date with me?

Lexa: I'd be delighted, Ms. Griffin.

Lexa then gives me a quick peck on the lips and I smile.

Me: Shall we?

Lexa nods as we walk together back to the banquet.

We weren't holding hands but we know we're there.

Tonight turned out to be great.

------------------------------------

End of Chapter 29.