Chapter 73: Faded

LEXA POV

Oh my gosh, Clarke agreed to record an audition piece with me. A proposal script even. And she even allowed me to use the beach house. I know how she want the privacy in the beach house so I guess she really loves me that much.

It was Friday, so Clarke was at work. She was stressed at work because she's hosting a banquet Monday night with the investors from Europe and Asia. She's spiraling on everything but I know she'll do amazing.

I know for a fact that Clarke isn't worried about the banquet, but rather in her performance. She was asked by the CEOs of the other partner investors to perform as they want a 'informal' banquet. Clarke couldn't say no, so she asked me if we could do a duet. And of course, I gladly accepted. She's the love of my life, and I'm supporting her in everything she needs.

Since Clarke was busy, I had the time to prepare in the beach house.

Raven: I can't believe Clarke hid this precious gem from us.

Octavia: I'm gonna strangle her. We could've saved a lot of beach house rentals if she told us.

Me: Hey, give Clarke a break.

Raven and Octavia just grumbles as they walk towards the balcony to watch over the beach, and I just chuckle. Anya, Luna and I were left at the living room.

Anya: So, are you ready sis?

Me: I am, but my nervousness doesn't stop. What if she says no?

Luna: Then I'll kick her ass.

I glare at Luna and both of them just chuckles at me.

Anya: I'm sure she's going to say yes. She loves you more than anything, Lexa.

Luna: She's right. She'd give up everything just to be with you. Like it's gross how in love she is with you. I work with her sometimes, and she just goes 'Luna have you seen Lexa's new photo' or 'Luna, Lexa's so talented'. Like I mean, I get it. But jeez girl, we're at work

I just laugh as Luna tells me the story.

Anya: I'm surprised though that you didn't want to tell Raven and Octavia the plan

Me: Well I'm sure they can't keep their mouth shut, or can keep a secret.

Luna: So they still know that this is just a 'audition shoot'?

Me: Yeah.

Luna: Ohhh, we better set up a camera with their faces.

Me: All of your faces, Lun. I want to see everyone's faces. Mama Griff and Kane are coming as well you know.

Anya: How will you hide them?

Me: Well, it will just be us first. You know the lights, it will blind Clarke from seeing you guys behind the camera so Abby and Kane will slip right out to join you guys. Just make sure to shut Raven and Octavia's mouth when they see them.

Luna: You're right, they'll probably spoil the mood.

All of us laugh at the possible reactions of Raven and Octavia. This helped me forget the nervousness I am feeling.

Tonight, I am proposing to Clarke.

I know she's the dominant one in our relationship, but I feel like it's time. She's the one I want to be with for the rest of my life, and I hope she sees the same.