Chapter 69: It's Her

LEXA POV

Ever since Clarke and I got together, we decided to make Sunday brunch a weekly thing. Clarke, Me, Anya, Raven, Luna, and Octavia take turns organizing and hosting the brunch. Today, it was me and Clarke so we also invited Abby since she's family. Raven, Octavia, Anya and Luna invites her as well as she already stood as the mother of everyone of us.

Me: Clarke!! Have you cooked the rice already?

I shout at Clarke who is taking so long changing her clothes. I know she doesn't cook but I force her to help me.

And since Luna and Raven is currently addicted to rice due to their recent trip in Asia, rice is a must during these brunches.

Me: Clarke. Don't make me come drag you up there.

Clarke: I'm coming!!

I hear Clarke groan as she walks down the stairs. Walking so slowly to arrive in the kitchen.

Me: Babe, you only have to wash the rice and put it in the rice cooker.

Clarke: I know. I know. I'm on it.

I gave her a kiss in the forehead as a thanks.

After a few minutes, our friends were starting to arrive. They can't be late as they just live in front of Clarke's house.

Raven: Griff. Are you being lazy again?

I laugh as I hear Raven annoy Clarke. She groans and just ignore her. After a few minutes, Abby arrives with her special mashed potato. Everyone loves her mashed potato.

Abby: Where are my favorite children?

All: Mama Griff!!

Everyone of us runs to say hi to Abby and gives her a hug. Abby really became our mom. And I am happy that she's so welcoming to me, Anya, and Luna.

We were all surprised when she was not alone.

Clarke: Mom, you're not alone?

Abby: I hope you girls don't mind, I invited Marcus to join us.

Kane: Hi girls, hope you don't mind crashing the brunch.

Clarke: It's okay, Marcus. Welcome to the family. Hurt my mom, and we'll kill you.

All of us girls stood beside Clarke huffing which made Kane gulped. Abby smacked us all and we chuckled at a scared Marcus.

Clarke: hey, Marcus. Aren't you a Kane? Are you the Kane that owns Mercy West Hospital?

Kane: I am. How did you know that?

Clarke: My mom's a surgeon, so technically I kind-of know who the competitors are of Grey Sloan.

Kane: That's right. I forgot you're the CEO of Grounders Inc. You guys own Grey Sloan.

My eyes widen at the banter of Kane and Clarke. But I am not surprised if Clarke owns a couple of businesses. She does not brag about it, but I am proud that she is helping a lot of people.

Abby: Clarke honey, I actually suggested to Kane to talk to you. It's a business pleasure but you guys can discuss-

Me: You two go ahead and discuss in your office, babe. I still am not finished cooking anyways and you're no help. So go.