Chapter 56: Watch It Fall

LEXA POV

I watch as Clarke get stripped down, get hit, and get tied down. I don't know why I can't scream. I just fall down and cry.

I can't believe Clarke went to save the brunette kid but suddenly my voice appeared

Me: Clarke no!!!!!!

I watch as two of the gunmen pull the trigger and hit Clarke. Clarke falls down the floor and the pool of her blood flowing.

Me: Wake-up Clarke. Wake-up.

I think she's unconscious. She's not moving at all. But thank god this gave the first responders the opportunity to enter the pub and arrest those sons of bitches.

I stand up quickly, as well as Raven and Octavia. We were about to leave the Diner when Titus spoke up.

Titus: This is what you get for firing me Lexa.

Costia: And you for saying you don't want me.

Me: What the hell is that supposed to mean?!

Costia: tomorrow, Clarke's problems are released to the world. I already sent my piece to the New York Times. It's a goodbye for you Lexa.

Me: You hurt and ruin Clarke just to get revenge on me?

Titus: I told you she's just going to ruin your reputation. This is all on you Lexa.

I wanted to scream at them but thankfully Anya and Luna beat me to it and punched them in the face. Thankfully Pops already called 911. Costia and Titus were arrested with enough proof as Pops took a video of everything that happened.

Pops: Come on kids, I'll drive you to the hospital. Let's go see Clarke.

We all say thanks to Pops as he drives us to the hospital. When we arrive, we all rushed to the nurse's station to find out where Clarke is.

We heard from the news that they are bringing her to Lenox Hospital, which was close to Pops Diner.

Nurse: I'm sorry but only family is allowed. And besides, she's still in surgery.

Raven: We're her fucking family. Now you get me a doctor or I'll swear to God you'll thank that you work in the hospital.

Anya: Calm down, Rae. Let's not get arrested for bickering with the nurses.

Octavia: How can we calm down? Our friend is literally shot.

I apologized to the nurses on behalf of my friends. Anya and Luna literally carried Raven and Octavia to the waiting room.

Raven: We can't just sit around here.

Me: I know, but it's the only thing we can do now. Titus and Costia are already arrested. So all we can do now is wait and pray to the heavens that Clarke gets out of this.

Octavia: We need to call Mama Griff, Rae. You know she'll kill us more if we don't tell her.

I see that they are doubting to call Abby so I decided that I call her instead.

Abby: This is Dr. Griffin.

Me: Dr. Griffin, hi. This is Lexa. I'm calling about Clarke.

Abby: What about her? Have you found her?

Me: Yes, but she's in the hospital.

Abby: What?! Where What happened?!

Me: She was in a pub here in NYC. When there was a robbery, and she was shot. We're in Lenox Hospital.

Abby: I'm on my way. Lexa, is she okay?

Me: We don't know Dr. Griffin. They wouldn't tell us since we're not family. But all we know is she's in surgery.

Abby: Okay I'm calling the hospital to update you guys. I'm on my way. Thank you Lexa.

Me: It should be me who's apologizing Dr. Griffin. I didn't want this to happen to Clarke, and to us.

Abby: I know. But we'll talk soon. I'll see you there.

Me: Thanks Dr. Griffin. Fly safe.

I ended the call and informed Raven and Octavia that Dr. Griffin is already flying to NYC. And that she'll call the hospital to allow us privileges in Clarke's status.

After a few minutes, a doctor came looking for Clarke's family. We all stood up eager to find out about Clarke.

Doctor: Hi, I'm Doctor Max Goodwin. I am assisting the surgery of Ms. Griffin.

Me: How is she doc?

Doctor: She's still in surgery but we got a call from Dr. Abigail Griffin and said to give updates to you. Clarke is still in surgery as we speak. She has received two bullet wounds on her spine, we are currently trying to remove it without risking paralysis.

Me: You mean to say she can be paralyzed?

Doctor: It's a possibility. But we can hope not. Aside from her bullet wounds, she has a big cut in her stomach. Our head of plastics is currently cleaning her up, and promised to have a clean suture that would not leave a mark.

Me: That's great doc. Thank you

Doctor: There's one more thing. Clarke is high on drugs and alcohol. It's hard to keep the meds inside her as she goes to remission.

Me: Will that take any effect?

Doctor: Yes. If the meds won't work, we don't know how fast she'll recover, or if she recovers. She's suffering from a lot of trauma.

I tear up hearing that Clarke's high. I can't live without Clarke.

The doctor then excused himself as he was needed back to the surgery. We thanked him as he returned back inside.

We all sat down the waiting room, too stunned to speak because of the news we just heard about Clarke.

After a few hours of total silence, the door opens to a panicking old woman.

Old Woman: Where's my grand-daughter?

-----------------------------------

End of Chapter 56