Chapter 21: PR Team

CLARKE POV

It's been three days since Lexa and I were able to talk. I've been busier than usual and I didn't have the time to eat and sleep, let alone text Lexa. Even if I planned on texting her, I immediately get dragged by work stuff and forget about it totally. We actually just talk like good morning, good night. and sometimes if one of us are eating.

Not that I'm punishing myself, Lexa hasn't messaged me that much as well. Maybe she already has found someone else to talk to. Or Lexa and her boyfriend are busy together and forgot all about me.

Why am I so salty about it? Lexa and I are just friends. I don't need to be hurt or anything.

It's Thursday so it means I have dinner with my mom. She has an early out every Thursday that's why I am forced to leave work early as well. So I try to finish as much work I can possibly do before I leave for dinner.

cgriffin
Hey, It's Thursday so I'm leaving early. Look out for the office today ok?

RavenReyes
Sure thing Griff. Say Hi to Mama Griff for us.

OctaviaBlake
Gotchu. Raven and I have a meeting about this PR team in a while.

cgriffin
Okay then. You go and do your thing. Love you both.

As the CEO of the company, I don't actually have to know the exact details of every project going on in the company. Since I have my COO and CFO, they are actually more hands-on in the micromanaging the company. But not that I don't have enough on my plate, I actually have equal amount of work as them, if not, more.

I arrive at the restaurant my mom sent me. And to my surprise she was not alone.

Abby: hey sweetheart, how are you?

Me: Hi mom. I didn't know we have company? Hi I'm Clarke. Clarke Griffin.

Marcus: Hi Clarke. I'm Marcus Kane.

Abby: Clarke, Marcus is my boyfriend.

I was too stunned to speak. 3 years, it only took 3 years before my mom replaced my dad. How dare she?! Since I didn't want to ruin the night, I just put on a fake smile and dreaded to end this.

This is going to be a long night.

--------------------

LEXA POV

Today, Luna reminded me that we have a meeting with the head for the creation of my PR team. That Raven girl mentioned that she was from Grounders Inc. Deep down inside, I was hoping to meet Clarke. But at the same time, no. Because then she'll find out that I'm an actress and I don't know how she'll react about me lying to her.