Chapter 19: Monday

CLARKE POV

I wake up with a smile on my face, for the first time in years. I know I have to get back to work today but surprisingly, I'm not dreading to go to work. Maybe because I had enough rest. Now I'm really considering to take every weekend off, so not be so burnt out.

But then again, it depends on the situation.

I stand up and went to take a shower, and change. When I got down, Maya and Wells were already waiting for me with smiles on their faces.

Maya: Hey Ms. CG, good morning. Breakfast is ready.

Me: Thanks Maya. and Good morning to the both you. Wells, we leave in a few minutes.

Wells nods and went to fix up the car. I ate the breakfast served by Maya and thanked her. I then called Raven and Octavia that I am leaving in a few minutes. They said that they are already on their way to work, and assumed that maybe I was resting again today.

I bid farewell to Maya and drove off to work. I grabbed my phone to text Lexa.

cgriffin
Hey there, princess. Good morning. Take care today.

I sent her a message and checked my schedule for today, knowing that Lexa is probably not awake yet since it's still her rest day. But to my surprise she's already up.

lwoods
Hey there Clarke, good morning to you too.

cgriffin
Why are you up this early?

lwoods
I wanted to start the day productive. So I'm planning to do a workout or something.

cgriffin
Well don't let me stop you. You go ahead.

lwoods
It's all good. How about you, heading to work?

cgriffin
Sadly, yes. But I don't feel as tired and drained as I used to for the past few years

lwoods
Well that's good to hear. You should take it slow, Clarke. Life is not always about work you know.

cgriffin
I get that now. Thank you.

lwoods
Of course. Do you have a long day today?

cgriffin
I just check my schedule and apparently, yes. Missing a day didn't help this at all.

lwoods
Just take it one step at a time. You can always delegate it you know.

cgriffin
I know, but these meetings are quite important so I have to be there.

lwoods
I forgot to ask, where do you work? I mean I know you work at a desk but where exactly?

Uh-oh, this doesn't sound good. But I don't care, I trust Lexa. I shouldn't be keeping things from her right? She's my friend. But at the same time, we've only been talking to each other for a few days.

 But at the same time, we've only been talking to each other for a few days