Chapter 74: Explain

CLARKE POV

I arrive at the beach house Saturday lunch time. I went inside and I see Luna, Anya, Octavia and Raven looking at me with wide eyes.

Anya then came running to me and punched my guts. I groan in pain falling down the floor. Raven and Octavia came helping me get up.

Anya: You better have a good explanation as to why you were fucking missing for the whole night.

Luna: Lexa was waiting for you, idiot. And you just ditched her.

Me: I'm sorry. I know I hurt Lexa. I'm not that stupid.

Octavia: Where the hell where you Clarke? We're your bestfriend but this is way too shit for us to defend you.

They're right. I have no excuse to ditch Lexa last night. I probably lost her a chance for this audition.

I was about to explain to them when suddenly Lexa came out from the bedroom looking dazed and mad looking at me.

I wanted to explain to her but she's keeping her distance.

Me: Babe, I'm sorry. I can explain.

Lexa: There's nothing to explain, Clarke. I'm done with your excuses

Lexa was in tears. She quickly grabbed her car keys and drove way. Anya wasn't able to catch up on her since she was in the other side of the room.

I wanted to catch up on Lexa. I grabbed my keys but Raven stopped me.

Me: What the hell, Rae? I have to go after her!

Luna: I'll go after her.

I thanked Luna but she just gave me the middle finger as she was zooming out to go find Lexa.

Raven: You better give us a damn good reason why you're not here last night. You fucking hurt Lexa!

Me: You think I don't know that? Of course I do!!

Octavia: Then tell us why, C. Where the hell where you?

I sigh as I sat down dropping myself at the couch. I closed my eyes as I tell them the reason why.

----flashback----

I was in my office reviewing some documents and checking the final details for the banquet on Monday. I keep on checking the time because I know I have a promise with Lexa. We are supposed to meet at 7pm at the beach house. It's 45 minutes away, so I had to make sure that I was ready.

Then I realized that I forgot my suit. I glanced at the clock at it was still 3pm. I have a 4:30-6:00pm meeting so I quickly went home to get my suit.

I was on my way home, but I drop by to this coffee shop near the office to buy some coffee since I felt my eyes dropping of tiredness. As I was inside, a girl approached me.

Girl: Glad you're back on your feet again

I look up and see that it's Costia.

Me: Costia? What the hell are you doing out?

Costia: Well, I have my connections. Not just you, sweetie.

Costia came near me trying to seduce me but I push her away.

Thankfully the coffee shop was empty, and there was only one employee who was busy in her airpods and phone.