Chapter 27: Banquet

CLARKE POV

I arrived back at the office 30 minutes before the banquet to be able to prepare my thank you speech. I was waiting for Raven and Octavia to give me the note card for those names I need to say thank you when suddenly I felt a rip from my blazer.

Me: No no no.

I took off my coat and groan as I see my side was ripped.

Me: This can't be happening. No, not right now. Ugh

Thank God Raven and Octavia were coming in my office.

Raven: Hey Griff, people are already filling up the ball room. Are you ready to come down?

Me: No, look at my coat. It's ruined.

Octavia: What happened? Raven go get the sewing kit near the first aid in Clarke's bathroom. And Clarke, give me your fucking coat.

Me: Sorry. I don't know what happened. I was just reading through my speech then suddenly I heard a rip.

Octavia: You're not being careful, Griff. Tonight's a big deal for all of us.

Me: well not actually. We always host this.

I stopped Octavia panicking. She looks at me confused.

Me: You're beautiful O. Anya will drool looking at you.

Raven: How about me?

Raven says walking back carrying the sewing kit from the bathroom.

Me: Eh, you can be better.

Octavia then laughs and Raven just pouts.

Me: You look amazing as well Rae. Luna will surely want to take you home tonight.

Raven then smiled brightly. I just chuckled at my two nervous bestfriends. I can't believe that they have someone in their life that makes them happy. And heck they make me happy as well since they are our new clients.

After a few minutes, Octavia was done with my coat.

Me: You guys go ahead and find your lovers. I'll just head to the restroom real quick and I'll be downstairs.

They both nod and quickly left.

Raven already placed the notecards on my table for the names I have to thank. I wasn't able to check them since I am already late to my own party. So I quickly wen to use the restroom then headed downstairs.

I said hello to the usher standing in front of the ballroom door and he signaled to the radio that I am already here. And just as expected, doors open, lights directed to me.

 And just as expected, doors open, lights directed to me