Chapter 9: Missed

LEXA POV

My day finally ended and I am excited to go home. I have a three-day break before I start shooting the new episode for the "Fear the Walking Dead".

Anya: Congrats on the shoot, lil sis. You deserve the rest. Any plans?

Me: Well, not at the moment. But probably rest up for tomorrow then maybe go out the next few days.

Anya: don't forget to invite me if there's anything exciting okay?

Me: Of course, you're my financer.

I said with a smirk and Anya just laughs.

Luna: Guys, I have to go ahead. My roommate is having a birthday and it's a must that I have to go. I'll see you guys next week. Lexa, text me if we have plans.

Me: Kkay Lun. Thanks for this week. I'll message you. Have fun!

Anya and I wave to Luna as she rides to her car. I bid farewell to my sister and finally drove to my apartment.

I went in and the feeling of home just hit me. Then I remembered to go find my phone.

Forgetting to order dinner, I quickly opened my phone and saw thousands of notifications in my socials. But what's important to me is the app, I got 1 message from Clarke. Now, that's odd.

cgriffin
Hey Lex, good morning. Just dropping by to say hi. Take care today.

I checked the clock my phone and it's still 7:30 pm. I'm pretty sure Clarke is still awake, so I decided to message her.

lwoods
Hey Clarke, good evening. I'm sorry I haven't messaged all day. I woke up late and forgot my phone. I was at work all day and I just got home. Message whenever.
<delivered>

I don't know why it bothered me that Clarke hasn't send a couple of messages atleast. Since I was starving, I ordered online take-out since I was already tired of cooking or going out. After a couple of minutes, my food arrived.

As I was scrolling through Netflix on what to watch while I eat, I glance at my phone and saddened as Clarke has not seen or responded to my message

As I was scrolling through Netflix on what to watch while I eat, I glance at my phone and saddened as Clarke has not seen or responded to my message. I shrugg and start eating as I pressed play to "F.R.I.E.N.D.S".

I couldn't eat properly as I am thinking about Clarke. So I paused the show, placed my food on the table and grabbed my phone. I quickly searched Clarke's number thinking about calling her. I second guessed for a couple of seconds, then decided to just go with it.

Calling Clarke Griffin
ringing...

It was longer than I hoped for Clarke to answer. Maybe she realized who I was and didn't want to do anything about me. I sigh.