Chapter 58: Run

LEXA POV

Hearing Clarke's story made me weak. She is so strong and I just ruined her just like that. But she cheated on me. How can she make me feel so guilty like this.

I reach the exit of the hospital and I see Octavia catching up to me.

Octavia: Lexa, are you okay?

Me: How can I be okay, O? Clarke's in there barely alive because of me. I shouldn't have let her go. I shouldn't have.

Octavia: Hey, stop blaming yourself. This is not your fault okay? Clarke loves you, and we can't jump into conclusions until we hear what she has to say. So come back inside, I'm sure Clarke's going to be happy if she's sees you there.

Me: What if she's not? I pushed her away O. I told her to leave and called her a cheater.

Octavia: I'll smack her head if she does. Now come on.

Me: Thanks, O.

I smile at Octavia and she gives me a hug.

When we returned to the rest of the group, I see that Raven has fallen asleep in Luna's arms and so does she. Anya fighting her eyes to open, Becca on her cell talking to someone and Abby who's sleeping in the chair.

Octavia then returned to Anya as both of them tried to fall asleep as well. I couldn't go to sleep, worrying about Clarke. But I have to rest up. I closed my eyes not sleeping. Then I hear Becca talk to someone. I didn't want to open my eyes as I want to eavesdrop.

Becca: Hi Captain, thank you for coming to meet me.

Police: Of course, when the mayor calls for the NYPD, we comply.

What?! Becca is the mayor of New York? How the hell did I not know that?! Guess Clarke's family is really high class.

Becca: Can you tell me more what happened in the pub?

Police: Well, it was clear that the five guys were there to rob the place It just so happens that your granddaughter was there. Thankfully the pub was having a live event so it recorded everything that happened. The five men were already arrested and are sentenced for a long time.

Becca: Thank you Captain.

Police: One more thing, a guy named Pops, he's an owner of a Diner here in NYC. He recorded some heated discussion between a man named Titus, Costia Greene the journalist, and what seems like your group here.

I gulp slowly as I hear about Titus and Costia. I still didn't dare to open my eyes as I don't want ot be questioned, not right now.

Becca: What happened?

Police: Well it seems like Titus and Costia some sort of planned this robbery. My detectives are currently investigating the situation. They are currently in holding, but if we have no proof within the 48 hours, we have to let them go.

Becca: Isn't the video enough evidence?

Police: Sorry, but no. It looks to us that it's just a heated argument within friends. Judge won't even dare to open this case.

Becca: Okay then, please make sure that you assign the best detectives there is and find out why these two are hurting my Clarke.

Police: Actually, Titus was Lexa's manager before. And I think Costia and her were friends before.