Chapter 26: Contract

CLARKE POV

It's been a great week. Lexa and I have been closer than ever. Even though she has been in San Francisco for the week, the work was not an issue for us.

It's Friday so it means Lexa is coming home. She told me she'll arrive early in the morning. I offered to pick her up again but she insisted that I should just get some sleep since her sister is driving them.

I didn't bother pushing it since I didn't want us to fight.

Since I have a long day today, I already mentioned to Lexa that I might not be able to talk to her that much today because I have back-to-back meetings and I have a fundraiser thanksgiving event later tonight.

I wanted to take her as my date but I know it's too soon. I haven't even introduced her to Raven and Octavia. Besides, if she really is the one, I'll be able to bring her to tons of events as my date. And maybe someday, my wife.

Raven: hey C, sorry for bothering you. We will have the contract signing of the PR Team of Anya's sister later. Will you be joining us?

Me: I'll try to be there Rae. But I have an important meeting with the French agency. I have to be able to make them understand our ways.

Raven: Of course. I'll text you the details anyways in case you want to join us.

Me: Thanks, Rae.

I continued my day and I can't believe it's already 6:00 pm

I continued my day and I can't believe it's already 6:00 pm. I haven't used my phone all day because of my full-loaded schedule. Why did I agree to have a couple of activities for one day?

I groan.

I quickly went back home for an outfit change for the banquet.

---------------------

LEXA POV

I am finally back in Los Angeles. It's been a week of taping in San Diego and this weekend, I've decided to tell Clarke who I really am.

I wanted to go to Clarke right now but Anya informed me that the contract with my PR team is finalized and that we are going to the signing today. I just hope I don't get to see Clarke in Grounders because if I do, she'll probably be mad at me.

Anya: Come on, Lexa. Let's go.

Me: Okay okay. I'm coming. Jeez. I don't know if you're excited of the contract or seeing Octavia.

Luna laughs at us and I get smacked by Anya.

Anya: Don't tell me you're not excited to see Raven.

Now I'm the one laughing at both of them. I stopped their bickering as we have to leave.

We arrive at Grounders Inc and I'm amazed at how tall the building is. I was praying to the heavens that I don't run into Clarke within these confined walls.

As we get off the car, Raven and Octavia was there to greet us.

Raven: Hey guys. Welcome to Grounders Inc.

Octavia: It will just be us and the members of your PR team. Our CEO won't be able to join us as she is attending an equally important matter.

I nod in understanding.

We arrive to a conference room and I notice some of the employees looking at us. Hearing 'Oh my god that's Lexa Woods'. I just put on my best smile and try say Hi to them.

Just like any contract signing, Octavia was reading the terms and conditions of the contract. When all was agreed, both parties signed and documented the contract.

Octavia: Welcome to Grounders family, Lexa. I hope you'll enjoy it here.

Me: I think I will. I'm pretty sure Luna and Anya will enjoy the most.

Raven: Oh I almost forgot. Our office is having a banquet tonight for our stakeholders. And since you're new to our family, I want you guys to come as well.

Me: We don't want to intrude, it's okay Raven.

Raven: No it's okay. It would just be us department heads, the CEO of course, and our stakeholders. It's a way for us to say thank you for your continued support.

Octavia: Since you just signed a contract with us, you're now officially part of the family. So we insist, please. I'm pretty sure CG will want you to be there.

Anya, Luna, and I agreed. We waved goodbye to Raven and Octavia since we have to prepare for this banquet tonight.

Me: I'm not ready for a banquet. Do we need to go?

Anya: Of course. It's not because Octavia will be there. But it'll be the first we'll meet the CEO. We should atleast give her a courtesy call so she wouldn't fuck us up.

Me: You're right. Okay. Let's go change then since we just have a few hours before the event. Will we have just one car?

Luna: Yes. I'll come pick you guys up at 6.

I arrive at home and quickly texted Clarke. I wanted to go surprise her tonight but I guess tomorrow will do.

 I wanted to go surprise her tonight but I guess tomorrow will do

I am excited to say the least. I am having an overnight with Clarke tomorrow. Ugh, I can't wait for tonight to be over.

I finished changing and hear Luna honking her car.

Here I am again walking to Grounders Inc. Atleast tonight I won't be able to see Clarke since Raven mentioned that it's only going to be them.

Luna: You ready?

Me: Let's get this overwith.

----------------------------------------

End of Chapter 26