Chapter 59: Open your eyes

LEXA POV

I wake up groaning, feeling pain in my head. I slowly pry my eyes open and see that I'm in a hospital bed. I quickly sit up and I regretted it as my head was shaken up. I look around and see that Raven, Anya, Luna, and Octavia are sleeping in the two beds set-up beside me.

On the end of the room, I see Clarke. My Clarke with all of the tubes connected to her. I tear up as I see how fragile she is. and that this is all my fault.

I slowly get out of bed and made my way to Clarke.

Me: Clarke, I'm sorry baby. This was all my fault.

I gave her a long kiss on her forehead and made my way out of the room.

As I was walking out, I bumped into Abby.

Abby: Lexa, why are you standing up? Are you okay now?

Me: Oh I'm okay now, Abby. Thank you.

Abby: where are you going? Have you seen Clarke?

I wasn't able to answer, I just tear up and I was welcomed by a hug from Abby.

Abby: I know you're blaming yourself. But it's not your fault.

I break away from the hug and look at Abby with tears in my eyes. She wipes it and gives me a smile.

Abby: You're the reason why my daughter is fighting for her life, Lexa. For the 25 years of Clarke, I've never seen my daughter this happy. And it's all because of you. It saddens me that you broke up and that this happened, but this will serve a lesson to both of you. To talk, to communicate. That's what relationship is all about.

Me: I don't think Clarke would want me in her life after this.

Abby: I know she will. And if she doesn't, give her time. My daughter is stubborn. She'd be guilty and shy for making you worry like this. So she might stay distant for a while, but I hope you hold on.

Me: I'm never letting her go, Abby.

Abby: I hope you don't. Now come on, let's go back inside. You need the sleep.

Abby chuckles at me handling the half of her sandwich.

I went back to bed while eating the sandwich. I knew Clarke was not going to wake up yet. I didn't want to switch with Abby as she has more right to be beside Clarke than I do, so I just sat in the bed scrolling through my socials.

I just groaned seeing the new post of justsomepaps.

I just can't believe these people

I just can't believe these people. They're making money out of other people's misery. I groan and laid back to bed.

I woke up with Anya poking my side.

Anya: hey, sis. Wake up. The girls and I are going back to the hotel for a quick shower. Will you be okay?

Me: Of course. Go, and sleep there as well. I'll be okay here.

Raven: We'll be back as soon as possible. Mama Griff is here as well. She just went out to buy food for the both of you.

Me: Thanks. You guys be safe please.

The four of them left. And since I was alone in the room with Clarke, I went beside her bed. I tear up as I look at her. Her arms and body bruised. And I can see the bandages wrapped around Clarke's tummy and to her spine. I gently hold Clarke's hand and I lost it.

Me: Clarke, please wake up. I'm so sorry for leaving you. For calling you a cheater. Please, please wake up. I love you so much baby.

I know she can't hear me but I am hopeful that maybe if she hears my voice, she would wake up. I sat down at the chair and pulled it close beside her. I never let go holding her hand and I just laid there looking at a very fragile Clarke.

I fell asleep, waiting for Clarke to wake up.
-----------------------------------------------

End of Chapter 59