Chapter 31: Movie and Socials

LEXA POV

Clarke cooked breakfast for me and it's one of the sweetest things she's done for me since Clarke and I are already 'somewhat' together. I don't actually really know are status is, since we haven't talked about it yet.

But, today, instead of going to the beach house, we've decided to just stay here in her house.

Since Clarke cooked, I offered to clean-up. It was just a few pots and plates, but I had to take the trash out since Clarke messed up a lot of food. I have to teach her a thing or two so that we won't waste this much food.

Since I was cleaning up, Clarke excused herself to go to the restroom. When I was finished cleaning up, Clarke hasn't returned to the kitchen so I decided to look for her. And I assumed that she was in the bedroom. But she wasn't.

I looked around Clarke's house, and gosh it really is big since I don't know where to start looking. I wanted to call her cellphone instead but I saw that it was in the nightstand. I shouldn't panic right? This is her house, why would she leave me like this?

I walked towards the basement when suddenly I heard something from the backyard. I walked there and followed the noise.

It was still bright and early but I couldn't see where Clarke is. I just assumed that she probably is in what looks like a mini house of some sort.

I slowly walked in and saw Clarke in the piano trying to play some notes. I just stood her watching her play with the keys. I love music believe me, but seeing someone I like who plays is better. I look around and notice that this is probably her music room.

I see Clarke take a deep breath and started playing. I think she hasn't seen me yet since I was just standing near the doorway not making a single sound.

I look at Clarke as she finishes the song with tears in her eyes. I walk towards her and give her a tight hug.

Clarke: Lex, what are you doing here?

Me: I finished cleaning up and came looking for you. I didn't want to bother you. Clarke, you play and sing amazing.

Clarke: Thanks.

I see Clarke ignore my compliment. I know something's bothering her. She quickly closed the grand piano and went straight to the house. I followed her pursuit.

Me: Clarke, talk to me.

Clarke: I-uh. It's just that. I loved music because of my dad. It's been years since I held a musical instrument. Let alone sing. The first time was when I sang you to sleep.

I remember it clearly that Clarke sang to me that night. But I can't remember the song itself since I fell asleep.

Me: I remember. But not the song. But I'm sorry to hear that Clarke. I hope you find your inspiration again to sing. You have an amazing voice.

Clarke: Thanks, Lex. And I did find my inspiration, you.

Clarke smiles at me and I did too.

Me: May I kiss you?

Clarke: I thought you never asked

I pulled Clarke into a deep kiss and I don't seem to get tired of kissing her. We pull apart for air and smile.