Chapter 17: Lunch

LEXA POV

I wake up to the sound of the doorbell ringing. My mind was fuzzy. I grabbed my phone to look at the time and it was almost 12:00 noon. Since the ringing stopped, I closed my eyes to try and settle down myself.

Clarke: Sorry, did I wake you?

I sit up shocked, not realizing and remembering that I was at Clarke's house. I look around and realize that I am in fact in Clarke's living room. A blanket over me. Seems like I fell asleep.

Me: Oh-uh, no. I was just waking up. Sorry, I fell asleep.

Clarke: It's all good, princess. You were tired, I get it. Oh, is Japanese okay for you? I ordered in food for lunch if you don't mind.

Me: Not at all. Thank you, Clarke. But I don't want to overuse my stay. I literally slept already.

Clarke: It's no big deal. It's a first that I have company over aside from my bestfriends. And I kind of like it.

I smile at Clarke and nod. I stood up, fixed up the blanket and pillows over the couch and made my way to the kitchen to help Clarke. She was almost finish setting up the table so she instructed me to just sit down the table.

We were eating peacefully until I had gained enough courage to know more about Clarke. I know I shouldn't but it really feels like we have a connection, we can be friends. And Clarke, she feels a lot like home.

Me: So Clarke, tell me more about yourself

Me: So Clarke, tell me more about yourself. Aside from the fact that you work at a desk job, sleep late, and kinda lactose intolerant.

Clarke chuckles and thinks.

Clarke: We'll I really don't know how. But you can ask me. How about 20 questions. We answer each other's questions.

I nod and think of something.

Me: What's your biggest pet peeve?

Clarke: Oh that's easy. It's loud chewing. Like I don't get how people chew with sounds. Mouth close everyone, mouth close. How about you?

I chuckle at Clarke.

Me: Mine is probably people who walk slow. I grew up moving and just moving so anyone who is slow annoys the shit out of me.

Clarke: Okay, duly noted princess. I won't slow down for you. Okay, next question. What's your ideal first date.

Whoa Clarke, that's a bold question. Are you preparing for our date? What. No. Stop it Lexa.

Me: My ideal first date is quite simple actually. I just want something relaxing. Maybe have a sunset/sunrise view by the beach or mountain. With a blanket laid on the sand with my favorite foods. Everything around me is a mess, a noise. So all I want is just peace and quiet.

I pause and thought of my answer and I smiled at the idea. I shake my head smiling and asked Clarke the same.

Clarke: Well mine's the same as yours. But I don't mind some noise. Like music. Oh maybe my ideal first date is my date playing something for me. It may not be an original song, but still. I may act all manly and such but it feels nice being look out for. Growing up, it's always me being the one looking out for people. So I also want to feel the same.

I look at Clarke and she sighs. It looks like she has a lot of things going through. I grabbed her hand and gently squeezed it. She looks up at me and gives me a sad smile.

We continued our 20 questions until we have asked serious questions.

Me: Do you regret anything that has happened to you?

Clarke: Yes. I regret not enjoying life. I grew up in a not-so well-paid family. My mom's a surgeon but there are tons of surgeons in a hospital, so she doesn't have enough billable hours to be paid more. Then my dad, he was a stay-at-home dad. So basically I had nothing but my family. So instead of me being young, I started to apply to jobs. I worked at a fastfood diner, a library, you name it. I wanted to help my mom to pay bills at least. If it weren't my 2 bestfriends, I'd probably be still stuck in the world. But some time, I was called 'Party Griffin'. Because I was so tired of life and just wanted to let loose, and I did. But it wasn't the best decision of my life. Gladly my bestfriends pulled me out of that sinkhole. And that's when my dad died. And everything changed. And here I am. Still not living a life.

Clarke was shedding a tear as she tells me her story. I didn't mean for her to completely share it with me. But I felt her pain. I stood up from my chair and quickly hugged Clarke. She froze at first but then relaxed and dipped her face into the crook of my neck.

 She froze at first but then relaxed and dipped her face into the crook of my neck

We hugged for almost eternity and I didn't mind. I felt her warm breath through my skin that sent shivers through my spine. I didn't want to let go, but Clarke pulled away.

Clarke: I'm sorry for being emotional. I didn't mean to-

Me: It's okay Clarke. Thank you for trusting me with your story. I am here no matter what.

I pulled Clarke again for a hug, and she welcomed it with open arms. We break apart and I give her a warm smile.

Clarke: Thank you, Lex.

Me: It's no big deal. No come on, let's continue watching FRIENDS, how's that sound?

Clarke: As long as you don't fall asleep on me, then okay.

Clarke says jokingly and I lightly smacked her arms protesting and she just laughs. Wow, I just want to hear her laugh all day.

We were watching when I felt Clarke was looking at me. I looked at her confused.

Clarke: Thanks again for listening and not making it look awkward.

Me: That's what friends do, Clarke. I am here for you, support you, understand you.

Clarke: Then, thanks for being my friend. I'm glad you came here today.

Me: I'm glad too.

Clarke and I smiled at each other then we continued watching. The bowl of popcorn was already in the table as it was already empty. Soon after, Clarke and I were slowly getting closer and closer.

Then suddenly, I felt a head slowly coming down to my shoulder. I smile as I see Clarke fighting her sleep. I know she's drained from the emotional confession awhile back, and well I woke her up early. So I let her rest in my shoulder as I continue watching.

This is such a great day.

------------------------------

End of Chapter 17