Chapter 57: Back Story

LEXA POV

We were all shocked to hear this old woman screaming, looking for her granddaughter. I was saddened that something have possibly gone wrong with her grandchild.

Then suddenly I watch as Raven and Octavia went to hug the old woman. Wait, is she Clarke's grandmother?

Raven: Grandma B!

Octavia: I'm sorry, we couldn't protect Clarke.

Then suddenly, Abby was storming through the doors. She was met with a hug with Raven and Octavia, as well as Clarke's grandmother.

After a few second, the four girls came and sit beside us.

Raven: Uh Grandma B, Mama Griff, these are our friends. This is Luna my girlfriend.

Octavia: This is Anya my girlfriend. And Lexa, anya's sister. Guys, this is Grandma Becca, Clarke's grandmother.

Becca: It's nice to meet all of you girls. And thank you for being a friend to Clarke's.

Me: It's nice to meet you as well.

Becca: Now tell me, how come I see the news that my granddaughter is shot in what seems like a pub?

Raven: Sorry GB. We had no time to call or update any of you. We were as shocked as you are.

Becca: Well, now's a good time right?

Raven and Octavia looked at me as if asking for permission. Since I was just staring at them, no one dared to speak up. Becca and Abby were already impatiently waiting so I just spoke up and told the truth.

Me: Well, I think I could explain. A month ago, we were all here in NYC for the New Year. Clarke and I got in a fight because she was seen by paparazzi that she's kissing someone. I got mad and called her a cheater. And she left. She was missing for a month. We just found out she's back here in NYC when those paparazzi saw her and posted a photo of her. We all came rushing back here to look for her, but we saw her in the news and now we're here.

Becca: I'm sorry. Why would paparazzi follow Clarke? I know she's the CEO and all but she's not an actress. I would understand the newspaper and tabloids but not paparazzi.

Octavia: Lexa and Clarke were together GB. Lexa's a famous actress.

Becca: Oh, I'm sorry sweetheart. I don't watch tv anymore.

Abby: Why did Clarke cheat on you, Lexa?

Me: I don't know Dr. Griffin. She told me she didn't, but I was too hurt by the photo and I didn't believe her. I'm the reason why she left. If I just stayed and listened, even if it were true, at least I could've heard her side.

Abby: There's no point in blaming yourself, Lexa. What happened happened. Let's just hope Clarke gets through with this okay?

Me: Thanks, Dr. Griffin.

Abby: Please, call me Abby.

I smile at her and she gives me a hug. I melt to her hug and just started to break down.

I haven't been comforted by Anya or Luna since they we busy with Raven and Octavia. This is the first and I just felt safe in Abby's arms and I just cried myself out.

After I calmed down, Anya and Luna returned with coffee and food.

Me: I'm sorry for asking this but, I just really want to know, why did Raven and Octavia say that Clarke relapsed?

Everyone looked at me, I was really confused. It's normal to go drink your ass off if you get heartbroken or hurt. So this one bothered me.

Raven and Octavia looked at Abby and Becca. Abby nods defeated and sighed.

Abby: Five years ago, Clarke was in an other world. I don't know if she already told you but she didn't have the best life before she met Becca. We weren't as rich as she is right now, heck, we were just getting by everyday. And Clarke was one of the reason why. She worked her ass off so she has money to spend on books and so we have food to eat. Well, she got tired and got influenced by other college kids. She got drowned in drugs and alcohol, Lexa. She almost died. For two years, she used drugs and alcohol as her escape. Until she was rushed to the hospital for overdose. That's when her dad stopped doing chemo because we couldn't afford for Clarke's rehab and Chemo at the same time. When Clarke came back from rehab, she promised me and her dad that she'll stop. And a few weeks later, Jake passed. And Clarke vowed to never use drugs and alcohol ever again as he blamed herself that she's the reason why Jake died.

Raven: Clarke's been sober for three years now. Even if we go to Jasper & Monty's bar, she doesn't drink. She has the strongest control. That's why we were surprised that she got back to this.

I was shocked to hear this story. I never knew about this side of Clarke's life. I blame my self for all of this.

I stood up crying and ran.

This is all my fault.
----------------------------------------

End of Chapter 57.