Chapter 60: Crush

LEXA POV

I wake up with the feeling of arms wrapped around me. I smiled at the contact imagining that it's Clarke. But the voice of Abby says otherwise.

Abby: Lexa, sweetie, wake up.

Me: What, what's wrong?

Abby: Nothing sweetheart. It's already late, I stopped the girls in coming back here and told them to return in the morning. You should go get some rest as well. I'll call the hotel car to pick you up.

Me: No, no Abby. I won't leave Clarke's side. Not ever again.

Abby: Anya said you might be stubborn. She came over to drop a bag of yours. Since we're in a private room, the bathroom is clean and big. Go take a shower and we'll have dinner. I ordered food and it'll arrive in 20minutes.

Me: Thanks Abby.

I gave Clarke a kiss in the forehead before taking a shower.

After showering, the food already arrived and Abby was already setting up a table. I quickly moved to help her. While we were eating, Abby started a conversation.

Abby: So Lexa, Raven and Anya told be that you should be in a singing program today.

Oh shoot, I forgot about that.

Me: Uh, yeah. Last New year, Clarke and I was forced to sing in Pops Diner for karaoke night. And there were fans in the diner and posted it online. It spread, and I got a call who wants me to audition for a musical movie. And also to perform in this concert.

Abby: That's great. Why won't you?

Me: Clarke's more important. Work is just work. I can look for other jobs if I lose this one.

Abby: you really do love Clarke do you?

Me: With all my heart, ma'am.

Abby: well then, why won't you show me what you're supposed to sing?

Abby stood up and went to the nurses station. My eyes widen when she came back carrying a guitar.

Me: How did you have a guitar?

Abby: I heard one of the family of a patient playing a guitar and it was confiscated because he was playing rock. I remembered it, so I borrowed it.

I just chucked. Abby handed me the guitar and was waiting for me to play. I look at Clarke who was still resting.

Me: I actually wrote a song about Clarke. It's the time I met her. It's called 'Crush'

I ended the song and I look at Clarke as I open my eyes. Abby was clapping her hands

Abby: Wow that's a nice song, Lexa.

Me: I wrote it a few weeks after Clarke and I met. I wanted to sing it to her but I was too shy. Until it was too late.

Abby: It's never too late you know. Do you have any other songs for Clarke?

Me: I do. I actually just finished writing it.

Abby: can I hear it?

All I could do was nod. Little did I know, after singing the first song, some nurses and doctors were already inside the room watching me. Since my I was facing my back towards them, I couldn't really see them.

I finished the song with tears in my eyes and I hear clapping and cheering. I look back and see that the nurses and doctors were there watching my play in front of Clarke and her mom. I say thank you to them as they slowly disperse.

Clarke: That was beautiful, princess.
------------------------

End of Chapter 60