Prince Eric x (Royal Mermaid) Reader Part 1

(Y/n's Intro)

My mother once told me before she passed on to never judge a person based on the actions of the few.

To not take what you hear at face value and base your desicion's on rumor.
And that not everyone is the same.
It was the last thing she said before she hanged on just to make sure that ill be okay.

*Dream*

My dreams of that night always start with thunder, roaring waves and sounds of clashing steel from pirate swords.
I was so scared from all the chaos that when a pirate stood in front of me, ready to kill me with his sword raised, I froze. I would have died if my mother didn't grab me and dive into the ocean, carrying me with her.
She swam and swam until we were near an up crop of rocks in the open sea.
I then said when we reached the surface again.
"Mommy I'm scared".
She then said siting me on the rocks then lifting herself up to sit beside me and hug me.
"Everything is going to be alright now my little Queen Anglefish".
I hugged her, seeking comfert. But when my hands were touching her side, she hissed in pain. I pulled back and said quickly, scared I hurt her.
"Mommy I'm so sorry are you-".
I gasped when my eyes landed on the wound on her side. The red blood staining her blue scales, gold and yellow scales, I looked to my hands when I felt unfamiliar stickyness.
I then said looking for seaweed to cover the gash.
"Mom your hurt!
(Luckily it was the seaonal time for seaweed to be harvested, but the waters were unusually rough so they carried stray sea weed grains to the surface of the ocean. I placed the seaweed on her wound and I began panicing when she layed down, blood pooling on the rock and the seaweed that I gathered from the edges of the rock weren't working.)
No no, mommy please-".
She toke hold of my hand and said as I cried.
"Don't cry sweet heart,,
(She pulled me to her and hugged me as I hugged her.)
No matter what happens ill always be with you".
I began crying harder as I spoke, nuzzling my tiny head into her neck.
"No mommy please stay with me".
A sailor, traveling with his wife and newborn son spotted us, calling out to us.
"Ahoy there"!
I yelled at the top of my lungs, staring at them crying.
"Help us, help us please, my mommy is dieing"!
The savior quickly went to what my father said is the wheel which is how humans control their ships.
Repling urgently, their boat picking up speed.
"Hold on we'll be there soon"!
That's when my mother called my name sofly.
"Y/n".
I cut her off, knowing what she was going to say.
"No mommy, your going to be arlight,
(the sob I was holding back escaped me.)
Your going to be alirght".
she the shusshed me, moving the hair that stuck to my head and said.
"Iisten to me my little anglefish, I don't have much time left.
(She toke a hold of my left arm and i looked to see what she was doing.
gold, colorful mist travled from her arm to me. My eyes widened, she was transfering her powers to me as she gave me the most important adivce in my life).
Never judge a person based on the actions of the few.
Don't take what you hear at face value and base your desicion's on rumor.
And that not everyone is the same".
I whispered as she faded away, my tail turning into what my parents said are legs.
"No no, mom please-".
She then said before disappearing.
"I love you sweet heart and I'll be with you, always".
She then disappeared and all that was left was her necklace of a salt sea pearl and dolpin charm she found on the floor of the ocean.