Troy Burrows x Reader

*** Requested by JulzLovDraco4Eva ***

(Y/n's Pov)

My mother always told me that courage is not the absence of fear, but that courage is in the face of fear.
She always said that it was okay to be scared, that admitting your fears doesn't mean you're weak, it means that you still can be brave.
Hi where are my manners, my name is Y/n Holling, twin sister to my older twin brother is Jake Holling, the Black and green Megaforce Ranger.
How do I know this?
I was there when the Megaforce went on their first mission.
But sadly, the monster Damara, leader of the Armada, captured me and toke me away to their ship.
Threw me into a cell and thrown away the key.
That was a year ago.

(Y/n's pov)

I was looking at the rotation of the earth circling the sun, and the moon rotating around Earth.
Watching one area of the tectonic plate of land that I called home.
Placing my hand beside the window that gave me the view of space.
'Harwood County, CA'.
I sighed and began humming as I picked up a piece of red stubbed chalk and walked over to the wall that was littered with Red tally marks.
364 to be exact, now it will be 365.
I bended down and made the mark and I went back to my window, a guard came around like clockwork with grub that doesn't look edible and said with a grunt.
"You got anything you want to say to Damara, Over Watcher"?
I turned to him and remained silent, if I learned anything from those investigative TV shows and  those stand off and hostage moments in movies, it is go never give anything that your captor or kidnapper can use against you or those you care for.
He sighed and said setting the food down.
"Your lucky He's patient with you human girl, otherwise you be dead now".
I crossed my arms and stared at the guard, out of all the guards Damara sent to give me food, Dan vak is the most careing.
Dan Vak saw the drawings I made with the spare red chalk I had and he said looking at a rose growing on the horizon of the setting sun.
"This one is new, did you do this last night"?
I nodded and I sat down, brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, and layed my head on my knees.
Dan Vak sat down infront of me and said softly.
"Hey, Over Watcher.
(I looked at him and he said.)
I know you're probably tired,
(He pulled something from his armor and said softly, a finger against his mouth.)
But I got you something,
(He pulled out a set of colored chalk and said, handing it to me.
I toke a general hold of it like it would fall apart.)
Happy Anniversary Over Watcher".
I mouthed 'Thank you', Dan Vak smiled, after a year I learned to understand their expressions, all those on the ship were monsters of some variety.
But some were easier to understand than others.
Dan Vak then said.
"I'll leave you to get some rest Over Watcher, sweet dreams".
I looked at Dan Vak, then he left.
I looked at the chalk set and thought as I stood up and went to the window.
'It's really been a year,
(I looked at the earth and thought.)
A year since that day'.

(Flash Back)

I remember that I was so scared when I was suddenly grabbed by monsters.
A blade to my throat, making the Megaforce power rangers from advancing to save me.
The monster sneered.
"Come any closer the girl dies".
Megaforce Red, Troy, pointed his weapon and said in anger.
"Let her go you monster".
The creature then said.
"Oh I let her go,
(I could feel the fear, mine and the Megaforce Rangers, build.
It was like electricity was building in the air, making it hard for me to breathe. Or maybe it was because of the blade being right against my throat.)
Not"!

Troy yelled to me, as me and my captor disappeared into the beam of light.
"No, Y/n"!

(End of Flashback)

I blinked and a tear fallen from my right eye and down my cheek.
Damara knows I knew more about the Megaforce than any human on earth, but when he saw I wouldn't break with the threat of torture.
That's when he told the guards to throw me into a cell and throw away the key.
'Phycology torture, is more effective than physical torture'.
The only way I got this far was because I thought about my friends and family.
Along with my crush.
'I don't know how long I'm going to last'.