RPM (Power Rangers) Dillon x Reader

Requested by BellaVaughan18
(Y/n's Intro)

People say that love is madness, others consider madness to be when someone is deeply in love and the person is constantly on their mind.
But I say that the line between love and madness is blurred because love can lead to madness when all you're wondering is if the person you love feels the same way.

(Y/n's Pov)

I was at the base of the power rangers hide-out, which was an underwater lab, when I heard the ding from the double doors that lead to the main computer room I was in.
I stayed completely still and had my trusty letter opener at my side.
When I turned I jumped from my seat and said, hand over my heart as I looked at Dillon.
"Dang it Dillon, don't do that.
(I was breathing as he lightly laughed.)
You scared me".
After the truth about Dillon came out and he chose the power rangers instead of Venjix, despite his life being on the line, everyone was a little on edge but trusted him.
'Everyone makes mistakes, but it'll take time to reacclimate to the person's presence' was what
Ziggy said after I stood up and explained what I found after Dillon chose us.
I also pointed out to them Dillon chose us because he wanted to be a better man like we believed him to be.
I remembered what happened while the rest of the rangers deliberated on what to do.

(Flash back) * A few months ago *

I was with Dillon as the rest of the rangers discussed over what to do with Dillon.
I was wipping the sweat from his forehead when Ziggy came in.
I then said quietly as my eyes remained focused on Dillon.
"What did they decide Zig"?
Ziggy sat by me and said quietly so he didn't wake up Dillon.
"Dillon is staying the black operator power ranger.
(I released the breath I was holding and he said patting my back.)
What you found sealed the deal,
(I grabbed tissues and wiped my own sweat because of how nerves I was about the final decision.)
And the fact you mentioned he chooses us over Venjix".
I knew the tone of voice Ziggy used, which was why I looked at him with widened eyes.
Ziggy then asked, tone calm and neutral as he smiled.
"What did he actually say"?
I looked at Dillon and I said softly, almost silently.
"He said he risked his life because he didn't want me to see him as a monster.
(I looked at Ziggy.)
He risked his life for me Zig,
(I closed my eyes and a tear escaped my eye as I took a breath.)
I don't know what I'll do if something happens to him".
Ziggy hugged me and said as I cried, quietly as I could.
"Shh shh, everything will be okay, Dillon will make it through this, you are the best medical operator power ranger we have.
(My tears were slowly calming down.)
If any can save him from that charm it's you".

Dillon lightly groaned and Ziggy let me go as I checked if Dillon was alright.
I checked to see the charm was gone and I looked back to Dillons in time to see he peaked his eyes open and I said smiling.
"Dillon you're okay".
I hugged him and he hugged me back as he said softly.
"Of course I am thanks to you".
Ziggy stood up and Dillon remained focused on Ziggy as Ziggy said.
"The others have decided you'll remain the black operator power ranger, on a short leash.
Don't break our trust again".
Dillon nodded and he said.
"Thank you Ziggy".
Ziggy then said.
"Don't thank me,
(They looked at me and said.)
Thank y/n,
(Ziggy then said to me.)
I'll let the others know he's up".
Ziggy left and Dillon asked softly looking at me.
"Why did you do that, defend me"?
I then said smiling.
"Because you made the right choice in the end, because I understand you had no other choice but yet you risked your health for us.
(I then wiped his forehead and said, a little pause because the feeling in his eyes was so intense it was almost hard to breathe because the feeling wasn't just affection or adoration, but something stronger.)
Now all you have to do is get better okay".
He then said softly smiling as I gave him some medicine and a glass of water.
"Doctors orders".
He swallowed the meds and i stayed with him to make sure his recovery was smooth.
I ended up falling asleep while watching him rest, then awoke in his bed, covered in the blanket I got Dillon and Dillon was still resting.

(End of Flashback)

Dillon said softly smiling.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you".
I seat my letter opener away and Dillon said as he sat down in front of me.
"Y/n, I know things were a bit strained with the team and me, but I want to know that my friendship with you isn't strained".
I then said taking hold of his hand.
"It isn't Dillon, like I said, I trust you".
Dillon nodded and said rubbing my knuckles on my hand.
"I know you trust me,
(He looked me in the eye as he asked.)
I'm just worried about losing the most important person in my life that made me see I can be someone better than what I was becoming.
(He looked down and said.)
Knowing that your saying you trust me to be nice would break me,
(He looked up and I saw the tears in his eyes.)
When Ziggy said you defended me and they chose to give me a second chance because of you, I decided to stay so I could prove to them, mostly to you that I am the guy you thought I was before the truth came out".
He then took a breath and said.
"So I know this may be much to ask, but I want to be sure what you say of me is what you think so,
(He pulled out an old watch, the kind that's on a chain and used for hypnosis and he then said.)
I want to ask you a question under hypnosis,
(He then said lightly gripping my hand.)
You'll be consciously aware if it makes you feel better, otherwise it's your choice".
The look of hope and despair in his eyes is what made me decide on letting him hypnotize me.
I lightly gripped his hands as I said.
"I trust you Dillon, if it makes you feel better, you can hypnotize me".
The look in his eyes was pure joy and happiness.
He then said holding the watch up.
"You'll need to relax okay,
(He began swinging the watch as he said.)
Keep your eyes on the watch and breathe.
(I focused on the watch and I began feeling  complete peace and Dillon said.)
What do you feel, y/n?
Hypnosis makes people feel like they're asleep but awake. And since you're a more dominant personality, you should be aware as well".
I then said focusing on the watch.
"I feel peace".
Dillon then said softly to himself.
"That means it's working".
He then said looking at me.
"Okay Y/n, here goes, Y/n why did you trust me, despite all I did"?
I then said, feeling calm despite realizing my secret which would normally make me feel embarrassed.
"Because I love you,
(Dillon held his breath and looked shocked as he looked for any signs of a lie despite me being under hypnosis.)
Despite all that happened, I see you as the man you are, a good man that cares for others and always makes the right choices.
When you fell because you defied Venjix, my heart felt being stabbed out of my chest.
(Tears fell from my eyes as It felt like I was brought back to that moment.)
I felt so helpless that I couldn't go straight to you, I don't want to lose you especially when I didn't tell you the most important thing that could change everything, even if you didn't feel the same way about me".
The tears kept falling and Dillon said swinging the watch faster.
"I'm letting you out from under hypnosis now, in three, two, one".
He put the watch away and I was no longer under hypnosis and he began sipping the tears away and I said softly looking at him.
"Dillon".
He then kissed me, I kissed him back after a second.
I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist, bringing me to him.
When we pulled away, he said softly, happy as a tear escaped his eye.
"I love you too, since we met.
(He held my cheek and said.)
You changed me y/n, saved me and I'm very grateful that you're in my life.
(He then smiled as he said.)
And I'm the luckiest guy in the world that you feel the same way.
(He pecked my lips as he said.)
I love you so much".
We continued kissing each other and he said, speaking breathlessly as his forehead touched mine.
"I don't want to stop kissing you,
(His lips brushed against mine as he spoke.)
You just became the air I needed to breathe,
(He pecked my jaw line and he said.)
If there was a way to keep kissing without breath I would gladly do it".
I then said.
"That's why expressions of passions like ours are more precious,
(Dillon smiled as I said.)
Now get back here".
He then said smiling.
"Whatever my new girlfriend wants".
He kissed me again and I could feel our hearts become one.
I understand why people say love is madness, a feeling this powerful can alter people down to their fundamental morals and giving ourselves over to that feeling is the best and madding choice one can ever make.
Which is why couples like me and Dillon are rare, because some people who love someone sometimes aren't loved in return.

Thee End