❤️‍🔥📖 A Tale of Grimm Love 📖❤️‍🔥

(( A/n: this takes place during the first episode ))

((🌹🔍Detective Nick Burkhart x Reader🔎🌹))
               ((🐕‍🦺Soulmate Au Part 2🐕‍🦺))

(Nick's Intro)

My mother once said before she passed that love is a precious gift that you must protect at all costs.
That it's worth fighting for and when you find that person, the one that makes your heart soar, that makes the world seem brighter, keep them and never let them go.
If only I listened and tried harder then maybe I wouldn't be waking up every morning with my heart breaking and in pain, then maybe I wouldn't be trying to love someone my heart doesn't want because I know the woman I love, probably doesn't feel the same way about me.

(Nick's Pov)

The sound of people walking from one place to another surrounded me, conversing with friends, employees having a business lunch with their CEO and some were couples spending time with their significant others enjoying a pastry with their coffee.
With traffic as background noise.
I was leaning against my car waiting for Hank to exit the coffee shop with his usual caramel latte and donut with sprinkles when I heard something familiar.
Dog tags and the clanking of a bracelet, along with the soft thud of boots and paws meeting concrete in a steady rhythm.
Giving the pair an air of confidence.
'It can't be them.
Can it'?
My heart began rapidly beating as I stood up straight.
Looking at the area all around me, looking for the owners of the sounds and steps.
Trying to pick the face of the bravest woman I ever met and her sweet canine friend from the sea of people surrounding the street lined with popular store fronts.
'Come on, come on where are you'?
I was so busy looking for someone that probably wasn't even here, that I didn't notice Hank coming up beside me.
He said, his voice telling me he was smiling.
"Who you looking for Nick"?
I jumped, letting out a startled gasp.
Hank was laughing his butt off as I calmed down.
I then said, lightly annoyed.
"Don't do that Hank".
Hank was still laughing as he spoke.
"I'm sorry Nick, I couldn't resist.
I haven't been able to get the drop on you for two years.
(He calmed down and asked.)
So who were you looking for like a headless Chicken with his head cut off"?
I looked around me once more and I said, disappointed when the sounds I've been listening to stopped, the owners of those sounds were nowhere to be found in the sea of people.
"A person and a canine I haven't seen in four years".
Hank smiled and said teasingly.
"Is this someone a certain classmate from your days at the Police Academy"?
I didn't answer him and I said changing the subject.
"What toke you so long in there anyway?
(Hank handed me the coffee he got me, as I joked.)
You've been inside for over an hour".
Hank then smiled and said happily.
"Nothing, just met the most amazing woman I have ever seen in my whole life".
I smiled and now it was my turn to tease.
"So that's what kept you, future misses Griffin number Five".
Hank waved his finger at me as he smiled, speaking in a tone that's in-between friendly and teasing.
"You judge now, you won't be saying that when you meet the future misses Burkhart if it isn't Juliette.
(The sound of Juliette's name made my heart calm down, not speed up like it used to when her name was mentioned.
Hank taped the car roof of the car and then pointed to someone.)
That could even be her right now".
I shook my head and turned to look at who he was pointing at when my heart stopped for a minute, before restarting with a vengeance.
Everything around me stood still and the only person that was moving was her.
'Y/n'.
It was like she was moving in slow motion, like all those moments in movies where the guy falls in love with the female lead, taking note of everything about her.