Soulmates always find each other

***Ichabod Crane x (Tribrid) reader***

(((A/n: Hi everyone it's me.
Sorry that I haven't posted anything lately, been alittle bussy.
But i hope that you all enjoy This one shot, since it's the Halloween season I'm making a Sleepy Hollow and Originals Crossover.
And before those that ask if this one shot takes place in the sleepy hollow movie with Johnny depp, this one shot takes place in the sleepy hollow tv series.
I hope you enjoy, I greatly enjoyed writing this soulmate au I've been playing with in my head.)))

(Intro)

My mama always said you never know the meaning of hope unless you felt dispare.

To truly see the light, you need to walk threw the darkness and know that no matter what you are protected.
She also told me that to recover, you need to stand up again and know that you can survive the strongest pain one can ever feel when facing evil and came out on top.

I never knew what she ment, until I felt the blade sharper than any steal that could be forged from my village plunge into my heart, when the man I came to love died.
Or at least I thought he did.
I'm so sorry where are my manners?
Hi my name is Y/n Mikaelson, and I live in Sleepy Hollow.
Home to the famed legend of Ichabod crane and the headless horseman.
But what this quaint little town doesn't know is that the story of Ichabod and the headless horseman is more than just a story.
And that I'm more than a regular adult female.
I'm whats called a Tribrid, a being that's a witch, werewolf and a vampire.
But to most humans, like you, I'm what you what you believe to be a myth.
But sometimes when it comes to myths, and legends, fiction provides the truth, when fact and reason is nowhere to be found.

(Y/n's pov) *Present time*

My day started like any other in Sleepy Hollow.
I wake up, from a dream that I wish can last just alittle bit longer, to an alarm clock that I wish I can break.
Deciding agaisnt it seeing as I don't have it in me to go buy a new one, I get out of the empty four post bed and take a shower.
Passing the cloths and my Sleepy Hollow police detective badge I set on a chair last night before going to sleep.
Which usually I fall into effortlessly, and wake up feeling alittle better than when I did 200 and 50 years ago.
But something was different about today and not the good kind.
And in the 1000 years I lived, with my family, you got to learn that you got to trust your gut and it is never wrong.
The cold water woke me up and I walked back into my room and got dressed.
Then I opened a drawer that held only one item in its protection.
Once I removed the false bottom of the otherwise empty drawer, I exhaled when I see the blue velvet box.
The bad feeling in my gut went away and was replaced with hope.
I picked up the box and opened it to reveal a necklace that was given to me as a gift 200 and 53 years ago.
My thumb rubbing over the clearest, perfect, most gorgoues sapphire I ever seen.
Thinking of the time I met the man that gave me this necklace.

(Flashback) *1778*

Opals hooves echoed on the dirt, leaves, and twig covered trail.
Heading towards where I plan to hang out with my friend Katrina.
A fellow witch, one of the only other people who knew my secret, swore to protect the future of every human being in the world from evil.
Seeing in her intends, Abraham Van Brunts, home I smiled.
Welcoming the feeling this social engagement provided after opal slowed down.
Once she stopped she lowered her front so I can dismount eaiser.
I pulled a carrot from my purse and opal greedily eat it.
I pet her nose as I spoke.
"Slowly opal, or youll get the hiccups".
She burped, I waved my hand infront of my nose as I giggled.
I petted her again and placed my forehead to hers as I said.
"Always the Cheeky girl you were when you were a Philly.
(I tied her riens to the post and I said pecking her forhead.)
Ill be right back opal,
(I spotted the other horses. Knowing full well what she could do if they got close and tried anything.)
Neigh if you need me, ill cook you your favorite once we return home".
She nodded and cuff as she layed down.
I stopped at the door, dusted my skirt off, spotting a ink spot I got from my meeting with general Washington.
Informing me that I'll be accompanying a man he knows to be the first witness, on missions that involve the supernatrual aspect of the world.
Incase I need to protect him from beings that partially make up what I am when they across his path.
I stared at the ink spot and then said in latin under my breath after checking no one was around or if someone inside could see from the windows.
"Quod olim fuit, quam nunc est".
The ink spot disappeared and I smiled and walked in.
I picked up a glass and began sipping on the expensive vintage of wine I gave as a gift to Abraham weeks prior.
Looks like he's serving it for the party.
Katrina laughed at a story being told from one of Abrahams friends when I walked over.
I softly cleared my throat to let Abraham and Katrina know I was here.
Katrina smiled, speaking as she stood up.
"Y/n, You made it".
She hugged me as I spoke, returning her affection.
"You know I never miss a chance to hang out with my best friend's".
Abraham walked over and we shock hands as he spoke.
"I hope your journey didn't give you much grief Lady y/n".
I smiled and waved my off hand as I spoke.
"Oh please the trial was a breeze compared to the terrain that surrounded my home town and Opal loved the exercise".
Abraham nodded and his smile also reflected his relife.
In many ways, Abraham was like my older brother Elijah, but I can't help but feel like he also reminds me of my older twin Niklaus.
But both were worried about my safty regardless of their behaviors.
Abrahams voice showed the sounds of his relife.
"That's good, you know you can always call us if you need transportation, it's not safe out their with the war coming".
I nodded my head, inclining to the side while I spoke, my eyes not quite meeting the man that would steel my heart forever.
"I trust the opal will take me to,
(My eyes finaly caught Ichabods and my breath left my lungs.)
Safty".
Abraham looked to his friend when he saw I paused and didn't continue.
He went over to the other man and said with a smile.
"Y/n this is my good friend Ichabod crane he's serving with me in the war.
(Abraham patted ichabod on the shoulder as I stepped forward to be closer.
Ichabod seemed to straighten his posture, eyes never leaving mine.)
Ichabod this is my good friend Y/n Mikaelson".
Ichabods voice sent my tribrid beating heart into overdrive.
"It's a pleasure to meet you miss mikaelson".
(End of Flash Back)