Jace Herondale x (Angle Hybrid) Reader Part 1

(Y/n's Intro)

Everyone is capable of good and Evil, that's what sets every creature that walked this earth apart from the rest of the world, (and what lurks in the shadows).
But not everything is black and white, because the choices we make today; affect our future tomorrow.
A balance is required for everything, which is what makes us Shadow hunters so unique; which also makes us dangerous.
If you believe in good and Evil, then you know there's more out there in the world that doesn't quite meet mundane eyes.
There's a pure light in this world, but there's also a dark shadow threatening to swallow it up.
Whether it be Demons or monsters fighting angles and Shadow hunters with humans caught in the cross fire, that light, that pure goodness must always be protected.
If one variable is missing, one mis-step, then everything falls down hill.
But what you should know as you hear my story dear readers, is that we're all equal and yet opposites of one another.
All our differences, no matter how Jurassic, can be your greatest strength in a time of need.
We can end the cycle of fighting, end the chaos, defeat what lies in the darkness and return the world to a time of peace and hope to all that in it.
But there's only one problem, why does love in a time of supernatural distress seem to make every action seem so complicated?

(Y/n's Pov) * Present *

My mother always told me to be aware and help those in need, no matter what they were or where they came from.
I was a child, only 7 years old, when she left the house for work and then never returned.
Now 10 years later, sometimes I see her in my dreams, only they seemed to get more and more particular as I grew.

(Dream/Flash Back)

My mom was reading me a story as I sat on her lap.
"Nephilim believed that the Vampires, werewolves, wizards and fare folk were below them; which is why they're called downworlders".
Mom turned the page of the hand made story and the pictures were always scary, I cried and hide into my mother's body, she lightly laughed and rubbed my back as she said.
"It's okay little angel, their just pictures they can't hurt you".
I then asked softly, light tears fallen down my face.
"You sure mama"?
She nods as she said.
"I'm sure, and if they could leap off the page.
(She rubbed her nose against mine as said softly.)
I'll be here to protect you always".
I then held my pinkie up as I asked.
"Promise"?
She wrapped her pinkie around mine as she said.
"Promise,
(She closed the book and said.)
I think that enough of story time my little Angel.
(She picked me up and carried me to my room as she said.)
Now its time for you to go to sleep".
As she was ticking me I asked my mother a question, that now that I'm older must definitely only come from following the dream unconsciously.
"Mommy,
(She stared at me as I asked a question that told me I was definitely dreaming, but this like the many others like this, were to vivid.)
Will I be a great Shadow hunter, like you, like Daddy"?
Mom smiled as he said shacking her head.
"No my sweet little angel, you'll be stronger, much stronger than me because of the blood in your veins that comes from your father, and because I raised you to protect all walks of life not what shadow hunter training tells you
(We then said at the same time.)
Because all manner of life is precious, no matter where it comes from or what makes it up and it must be protected".
Mom then said lightly tickling me.
"So someone has been listening".
I then asked softly after calming down from my fit of laughter (a question I knew I asked her when I was younger before she disappeared.)
"Will I ever get to meet him, my dad"?
She then said.
"Someday, maybe soon, but know this Y/n he loves you, like I love you so much, and where ever he is, he'll always be their to protect you and be there for you when you need him".
She then said softly, yet serious.
"Y/n, I want you to promise me something, can you do that"?
I nodded and she said, a small, sad smile graced her face.
"If something happens to me, run to your God father Luke, he'll look after you until I come to get you.
(I nodded, fighting the will to cry as she continued.)
And I want you to remember, that no matter what happens, know that no matter what makes up our blood doesn't mean we're superior to all that walks this earth, but that it makes it our duty to protect the humans from what goes bump in the night.
Why we police the Downworlder Community, because sometimes we have to protect them, from themselves".
I said softly as I felt sleep claiming my 7 year old body.
"I promise mommy".
Moms voice faded into the background as I went under.
"That's my little angel.
Be brave Y/n, and be strong and protect all those you love.
(Before my dream ended she said softly, almost like a faded whisper.)
Just as I know you can be, I love you".