Prince Eric x (Royal Mermaid) Reader Part 4

(Y/n's Pov) * Present Time *

The walk from my house to the market is short but it was sweet. The sun lightly kissed my skin through the thin material of my hooded blouse, and the wind blew through my hair and gently brushed against me as I walked and like always, I was constantly greeted by the smell of the sea.
Reminding me of my past, and now making me think of the future to come.
Nothing has given me better comfort than my family and the embrace of the seas cool waters whenever I go boating or swimming.
Now the sea has given me a great gift that has given my biological parents, the L/n's, Love.

The market was a buzz of activity of locals and visitors alike.
Which made it easier for people not to notice me when they're in the middle of conversing or conducting a business transaction.
I left money for the food I picked up from a vendor I often buy my fruit from when missing the ports I visited.
I took a hold of the strap of the bag in my left hand and moved it to be more secure on my left shoulder before moving it to go over my head.
Luckily my left arm and hand are my most dominant limbs or otherwise I would have drawn attention to my struggle.
I then went to a vendor I knew since I was 5.
Maria F/n, daughter of Martha F/n, Mp/n's best friend, one of the only two people outside the L/n's that knew I'm not human.
Maria was turned away when I approached so she didn't see or knew it was me approaching her
She held her hand up, not turning to look who came up to her booth, and she sounded like she was upset.
"Just a minute, I'll be right with you".
I lightly said, smiling softly.
Y/n: "I'm in no hurry, take your time Maria".
Maria dropped her comfort craft pillow onto the sand.
She must have been holding it to calm down.
She spook as I removed the hood of my shirt blouse.
"Y/n.
(She looked at me and said, seeing my arm.)
Oh my God,
(She moved from behind the counter and carefully hugged me as she spoke cheerfully.)
Hi.
(She then pulled back and looked me over for any sign of fatigue, and immediately went into mother hen mood while she rambled.
My mother must have told hers of what happened last night when I didn't come with her for our morning shopping run.
I often go with Maria to get a coffee before her shift.)
How are you feeling?
Should you be up and about right now?
(She then led me behind the counter of her vendor stall and said after pulling a chair out for me.)
Maybe you should sit down".
I then said lightly smiling.
"I'll be fine Maria, it's just a scratch".
Maria then put her hands on her hips and said.
"A very deep scratch".
She then grabbed a water bottle for me and said handing it over.
"Here, drink this you'll need to replenish the blood you lost".
I began sipping the water and Maria said seeing the food bag I had on my shoulder.
"Comfort food"?
I then said.
"Kinda, a friend of my father is coming to visit, and I wanted to make him something ".
Maria then said smiling.
"Your famous Sea Apple Cinnamon roll".
I nodded and she said.
"You give me a minute to finish my shift, I'll walk with you back to your house".
She then said as she tended to a customer.
"Your paints arrived this morning by the way, they're under the counter if you want to see, they added some new colors ".
I went under the counter and pulled out the box and lifted the lid.
My eyes went straight to two colors, black and a bright light sea blue.

My mind immediately went to the beach where I pulled Eric ashore.
His eyes were as striking as the sea, and his hair was as dark as the midnight sky, the sand that got on his dark locks made me think of the Stars.
A picture began to fore in my mind and when it was finished, it made my heart thump rapidly.
Maria then said seeing that I remained quiet and still.
"Y/n you okay?
(I looked at her and she said smiling.)
Oh I know that look".
I then said softly, going for a canvas Maria always had out for me in case I wanted to draw while she's working.
"I need a pencil".
She then said handing me the pencil I asked for as I grabbed the pencil.
"Here you go".

I immediately went to work, and by the time I finished I had a small crowd of customers from other vendors stopping by to have a peak.
Maria then said softly looking at the portrait of the man I saved, it wasn't clear, which was what drew people in.
It's like how someone looks into the horizon yet their blinded by the sun.
"Wow, Y/n this has got to be your best portrait yet.
(Maria then asked.)
Who is he"?
I then said looking at her.
"Did my mother tell you how I got hurt"?
Maria then smiled and said teasingly.
"So this is the sailor you pulled onto the beach".
I nodded and she said patting my arm.
"Well, Juliet, let's get you back home so you can heal.
You won't be able to find your Romeo if you pass out".
I nodded and Maria pulled out the old wagon she kept it in good working condition and we put my stuff inside it.
I then said taking hold of one handle.
"I'll take one handle, you take the other".
Maria then said saluting me playfully.
"Ay Ay Captain".
We were walking by the road, close to the beach when I heard a familiar voice calling my name.
"Y/n, y/n, princess Y/n".
Maria then said as she saw I stopped.
"Y/n what is it"?
I then headed that voice again.
"Y/n, princes Y/n wait for me".
I then said to Maria when I saw a familiar red crustacean running after us
"It's my father's friend,
(I then kneeled down and held my hand out and Sebastian climbed on.
I then stood up and turned to Maria.)
Maria, meet Sebastian".
Sebastian bowed and said.
"Hello Maria".
Maria then said smiling.
"I'm only guessing your saying hi,
(She held her finger out to him and said.)
But Its nice to meet you too".
I then said as Sebastian lighting shacked her finger.
"He says its a pleasure to meet you Maria".
Sebastian then said turning to me.
"Everyone in Atlantica is going to be overjoyed that your back from the dead your Highness".
I then said as I put him on my shoulder, grabbing the handle of the wagon and began walking with Maria again.
"How is Dad and my sister's doing?
Has Tamika gotten into any trouble"?
Sebastian laughed as he said.
"You know your sister, stubborn as a shark that one".
Maria then asked.
"How many sisters do you have anyway, you haven't told me anything besides saying you have a big family".
I then said.
"I'm one of 8, I'm the seventh daughter of The king of the sea".
Maria's mouth dropped open and said looking at me.
"That is a big family".
Sebastian then added to it, looking to Maria.
"And they are a major handful".
I then said to Maria, translating since all she can hear is chrips.
"He says he give him and my father a run for their money".
Maria laughed and said.
"Well you do look like you can raise trouble".
Sebastian then said as we showed up in front of the L/n's house.
"If only you know".
I laughed at that comment, I then said to Sebastian.
"Ah, I missed your funny quirks Sebastian".
MP/n, DP/n and B/n walked out of the house and I said.
"Mom, dad, B/n,
(I pointed to Sebastian.)
This is Sebastian".
Mom then said as dad and B/n help me and Maria.
"Its nice to meet you Sebastian, Y/n tells us great things".
Sebastian bowed and I translated for him since Maria and the L/n's can't understand him like I can.
"He says it's an honor to meet you ma'am".
Sebastian nods at me and mom then says as we all enter the house.
"Would you like to stay for a snack, Y/ns Sea Apple Cinnamon rolls are the bomb".
Sebastian then said to me.
"A modern youthamise you invented I gather".
I then said to Sebastian as I set him down on a cushion.
"A lot of things are changing Sebastian, a turn of phrase is only the beginning".
D/n came in barking when he saw me and I said smiling.
"Hey buddy".
Sebastian then said startled.
"What is that Beast"?!
I then said to Sebastian, hold my unoccupied hand in front of D/n, telling him to approach calmly
He then began lightly sniffing Sebastian.
"This is D/n Sebastian, he's our dog".
D/n gave Sebastian a light lick and I said setting Sebastian down on the counter.
"He likes you".
Sebastian then said, wiping away drool.
"Well I like him too, even if he slobbers".
I then said as I cooked.
"Mp/n and Dp/n say they love for dad and my sisters to visit, they can't wait to meet them".
Sebastian then said.
"Good, it will most likely take us two days, maybe three tops to travel as a group, your sisters govern the six seas now while helping your father prepare for the coral moon".
I then said looking to MP/n.
"Then that means we need to stock up on groceries more so for the coral moon".
Mp/n then said coming over, gathering what me and Sebastian were talking about from what I said.
"We celebrate the coral Moon as an anniversary for when Y/n came into our lives.
(Mom then checked the bandages and said, eyes intent on the growing pinkness that wasn't there earlier.)
But you are going to need to take it easy this time honey".
Mp/n began making a list as I said to Sebastian.
"I look forward to it every year, I'm the most active then".
Sebastian then said as I finished cooking and gave him the roll.
"I can tell,
(He guestred to all the paintings of the coral moon celebrations I made every year, memories of the celebrations I bring out this time every year.)
I see you have taken to sharing your memories on the walls".
I then said.
"A lot of people in town think it's an over active imagination,
(I then looked at my brith mother's portrait.)
But I like to share the beauty the sea has to offer".
Sebastian toke a bit and I said seeing his surprised look.
"So what do you think"?
Sebastian then said softly.
"It's amazing".
He then dove in, and eat like he hasn't eaten in weeks.
We conversed and talked for hours, Sebastian was my older sisters music teacher, but he was my mentor when it came to making statues out of rocks, moss and seaweed.
I then said seeing it was dark outside.
"I hate it when time passes by so fast".
Sebastian then says.
"I know princess, but we'll see each other again.
(He crawled into my hand when I handed it to him as I stood up. I then walked out of the house, getting closer to the ocean that was my front yard.)
You just take care and heal your Highness.
(Sebastian then said as I sat down on the sand, an inch or two from the sea.)
Who was that portrait of that you had sitting in, what do you call it? a wagon".
I then said.
"A sailor that I saved from the ship Wreck last night.
Was Dad throwing a fit or something?
Because he almost tossed the boat that me, my little brother and D/n was on into the sea along with that ship".
Sebastian then said.
"No your Highness, I was with him, he was pretty calm, but sad while looking at yours and your mothers memorial statue".
I then thought, looking out to the sea, a cluster of dark clouds building on the horizon.
'Then that means someone's up to their old tricks again'.
I then said softly.
"Then that leaves only one suspect".
Sebastian shook his head as he said.
"No, princess Y/n I know that look.
Your injuries you need to stay on land".
Sebastian was crawling out of my hand when I said.
"I help supply the vendors in the market. I will live my life in fear of that old hag taking away everything I have left.
I'm careful when I'm out in the water, it's not me you should be worrying about.
(He nodded and I said softly.)
And Sebastian,
(He stopped and looked to to me.)
Tell Dad and my sisters I miss them".
Sebastian then said before disappearing into the sea.
"I will your Highness, have a nice evening".
He disappeared and I said to the dark, fiddling with the grained of sand.
"I'll be ready and waiting, you aren't going to take anything from me or my family again if I have anything to say about it".
'Aunty Ursula'.