❤️‍🔥📖 A Tale of Grimm Love 📖❤️‍🔥

(((🌹🔍Detective Nick Burkhart x Reader🔎🌹)))
               ((🐕‍🦺Soulmate Au Part 1🐕‍🦺))

((A/n: This part takes place before the first episode of the Grimm series. The only difference is Nick isn't thinking about marrying Juliet in the next part.))

(Y/n's Intro)

A.A. Milne once said 'If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred, minus one day so I never have to live without you'.
For his heart was filled with love and happiness, that he couldn't bear to think of a world without his beloved.
For the thought of being apart from her made his heart break into a thousand pieces and felt like it was being constantly stabbed by the hand of reality his soulmate is no longer with him.
A fate that is worse than death for any soulmate.

(Y/n's Pov)

Friar Laurence once said 'Therefore love moderately; long love doth so; Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow. That idles in the wanton summer air l, And yet not fall; so light is vanity'.
For Romeo and Juliet's love to last, they needed to love one another in a way that's responsible and average.
But with a love that was powerful as an inferno, it's hard to not get burned by the flames of passion from being with your other half.
But when you're a cop, life is too short for you to live so little.
But this job is also a dangerous one.
You could wake up one day and then take a bullet while on the job.
Which is why I try to live every moment to the fullest, especially after finding out I'm something straight from the brothers Grimm stories.
It's funny, how fate affects the choices we make and how it guides us back to the people we were trying to protect from ourselves because of what lurks the shadows.

The souls of my shoes thundered against the concrete sidewalk, accompanied as I chased down a suspect with my trusty, four legged canine partner Dimitri.
A German Shepard Great Dane mix that I adopted four years ago.
I then said into my walkie, hoping my friend Aria was close as I watched the suspect I was chasing run down an alley.
"The suspect has run down into an alley on the east end between 14 and 6 avenues.
He's heading to the freeway".
My partner responded as she said.
"Roger Y/n, I'm close by".

I looked at Dimitri as I ran saying with a smile on my face.
"Let's get this dickbag".
Dimitri bark boomed and echoed in the air as we turned into the alley, I could hear the sirens from mine and Aria's customized cruiser when we stopped near the middle of the alley.
Blocking the first exit.
The suspect was running back into the alley hoping to get away.
But I said pulling my gun out of its holster.
"Freeze, LAPD"!
The guy looked at me and I saw the ripples on his face as it changed into something like an alley cat.
'KLOU-strahyk'.
He roared at me and I said aiming my gun at his head.
Aria just pulled up into the alley blocking his second exit, he looked in-between us and was posing to escape.)
Try it Edward Barns and see what happens".
The shock set in on his face, making him look like a stuffed bob cat.
My eyes must have been changing colors, judging if he's guilty of Innocent.
Dimitri growled and stepped forward, ready to pounce on him.
Aria then said, Volgaing as she stepped out, keeping her gun trained on Edward Barnes.
Her voice deep with an ocho of a jaguars growling roar.
"Get down on the ground and put your hand behind your head"!
Edward Barns spooked, eyes on me as the fear on his face was much clearer when he Volga backed to his human face.
He said softly, I could almost barely hear him.
"Oh God,
(Me, Aria and Dimitri stared him down; watching him lower to be on knees and putting his hands behind his head.)
You're a Haven'ier".
I smiled, my voice echoed the prideful tone.
"Guilty as charged, KLOU-strahyk,
(I looked at Aria and nodded, I then brought my eyes back to Edward Barnes as I heard the clanking of Aria's police issued cuff's.)
And you're under arrest for the Assault of Abby Moon".
Aria cuffed him and I lowered my weapon as Dimitri and I approached slowly.
Aria shook her head as she volga'ed back and said smiling at me.
"Another one bites the dust ha Detective Havemann"?
I then said smiling, grabbing Edwards left arm as Aria kept her hands on the cuff conjoined hands.
"They always do.
(We then tugged Edward up as I grumbled to him.)
Get up Edward,
(All four of us walked to the cruiser, I opened the door and made sure Edward didn't bump his head on the door frame.)
We're going to go on a little drive".
I then closed the door and I turned to Dimitri and said smiling, my baby voice on full blast as I rubbed his cheeks and pet his head while he gave me kisses.
"Who's a good boy Dimitri? Who is the police dog on the force?
(I hugged him and said as he wagged his tail.)
That's right you are, yes you are my special cuddly Giant".
He may not look it because of his size, but Dimitri was a sweet heart and a cuddle bug.
Aria then said smiling, leaning against the driver door looking at us.
"I hate to break you cute proud mama moment.
But we got to get mister alley cat here to the federal pound and then you and I have our last case file to solve".
When she said that, I felt saddened. Me and Dimitri were being transferred to Portland, Oregon's Police department.
Without our friend and partner Aria Milton, my childhood best friend.
I nodded and looked at Aria as I stood up, speaking solemnly, Dimitri slightly whimpered.
"I know,
(I opened my passenger door and I said.)
I just wish you were coming with us".
I looked at Dimitri and said in German, gesturing to the customized seat and passenger interior.
"Innen".
Dimitri got in and sat down as Aria said softly.
"I know,
(She then smiled and said.)
But hey, cheer up.
I'll still come and visit you guys during the holidays.
(She ducked in when she opened the door and petted Dimitri on the head.)
After all someone's birthday is coming up".
He lightly groaned cause Aria always knew to reward him with a head scratch near his ears.
I nodded and I got inside, the passenger side was a lot more spacious than the driver side because wherever I go, Dimitri comes with me.
Plus I feel much better that he's with me rather than sitting in the back seat with the suspects we catch.
Captain Tina knew that I rather have Dimitri with me rather than waiting to be picked up from the canine unit.
So she had asked a friend to make mine and Arias cruiser accommodate a giant canine in the front.
I bulked my seat belt as Aria did the same, starting the engine and driving out of the alley.
I wrapped my arms around Dimitri, petting him as I brought him into me.
Aria grabbed the walkie and said.
"Detective Milton calling dispatch.
Me and detective Havemann have Edward Barns in custody, we're heading back to the station, over".
Dispatch responded two seconds after.
"Roger detective Milton, Havemann, over and out".
Aria then said to me after 15 minutes into the drive.
"So after we get the paper work done, you want to go to the bar and grab one last beer together?
Maybe have one last girls night before you and Dimitri head to the airport"?
I nodded and I said smiling.
"Yeah,
(I then said as I hugged Dimitri as I pet him, pecking the top of his head.)
I need to grab some treats for Dimitri.
(He whimpered as I said.)
He more than earned them".