Prince Eric x (Royal Mermaid) Reader Part 5

(Eric's Intro)

My father used to say 'love is as powerful as the Seas hold over a sailor, it intrigues us, mesmerizes us, lures us to go out and explore all the secrets it wants to reveal to us'.
He also said that, one day, I will meet a woman whose hold over my heart would be as strong as the sea that brought me to them that night, that terrible storm, many years ago.
A storm that, like the one that happened two days ago, should have killed me.
Yet I was saved twice by what Grimsby said my father called my guardian Angel.

(Eric's Pov) * Later that same day*

I was sitting up from my bed, fiddling with the necklace in my hand with Max laying beside me when Grimsby came in with Collette for lunch.
Collette spoke, imeaditly worrying over me as she moved the hair that stuck to my forehead.
"Eric you should be laying down,
(She set the food down on the bed, Max moved and left the room when Collette asked while checking my temperature on my forehead.)
How are you feeling "?
I then said rubbing my thumb over the dolphin charm.
"I'm fine Collette,
(I stood up and said walking over to the window.)
Just a little exhausted from yesterday".
Grimsby then said.
"Never the less your Highness, you must be resting. You can't leave the castle.
Your mothers orders".
I then said, clutching the necklaces in my hand hard, I slightly worried that I might break the chain.
"But I know what she looks like Grimsby, if she sees a mass of guards asking for her to come with them, she'll be terrified.
(I looked back out the window).
I don't want to terrify her more than when she was yesterday,
(I said softly, to myself, not thinking anyone could hear me)
She looked so scared when she saw the guards coming, like they were going to hurt her".
Collette gently toke hold of my arm and said softly.
"She swam through a ship wreckage and was bleeding, so in the state she was in, guards in a search party were pretty intimidating.
(Collette led me away from the window)
I'm sure your mother knows that as well which is why she has them looking through nearby villages in pairs.
(She looked at Grimsby and then said to me.)
Finding her is important but your health is our main concern".
I then said softly thinking of her face as I pulled away from Collette's arms.
"Her health is a main concern to me".
I went back to the window and I said softly, my eyes kept seeing her fear as I searched for a sign of her from my vantage point as my room had a corner view of the market from here.
I also kept seeing and feeling the pain she felt when the adrenaline wore off, as the pain was very much my own as it was hers and If I could take it away so she didn't have to feel it, I would gladly do so.
Her voice, the splashing of her diving in and her apologies was also all I could hear as my need to find her grew.
"You weren't there when she saved me.
If she stayed, she could have gotten help faster,
(I looked at the necklace.)
She be here healing and I would be there to make sure she's alright.
(I shook my head as I began pacing.)
You didn't see the state she was in, paler than a ghost,
(I lightly smiled when I thought back to how she looked to me when I first opened my eyes.)
Yet she was still the most beautiful girl I ever seen, like an Aurora sun rise over the horizon".
I closed my eyes as her voice, singing to me.
'Since shes not here with me, ill have to relie on are the memories until we met again'.
"May I see the necklace Eric"?
Grimsbys voice brought me back and I opened my eyes to look at him.
I lifted my hand to show him the beautiful piece of jewelry, despite its simplicity, it shined like sea water.
I then asked to see his concentrated look.
"Have you seen this piece before Grimsby"?
He then said closing his eyes, thinking.
"It could belong to a daughter of an old friend of mine who I served with under your father.
(He then opened his eyes as he said.)
But I can't be sure because I haven't seen her in a while, even when she was younger, because she traveled a lot with her family, and now with her brother for her family's small fishing Business here,
(He then said rubbing his thumb over the pearl and dolphin, smiling lightly )
But when I did see her then, she always wore this, I never saw her without it around her neck".
My heart began thumping repeatedly in my chest as I remembered my dream, where my savior mentioning she had a sibling and her father taking them to get her dog from a friend.
'That friend must have been Grimsby when he had Martha years ago'.
I said softly after looking at the necklace, thinking about one another thing I remembered from the dream, she had a dog that startlingly looks like Max.
"She has long red hair, and blue eyes that shine like the sea and have a sheep dog like Max that came from Martha's littler as well"?
Grumsbys eyes widened as he said looking at me.
"Yes, yes she does.
(He then said looking at me shocked, and worried as he thought back of the night before last.)
That music we heard earlier in the day came from her violin.
(He turned away and said looking sick.)
She must have been traveling back when the storm hit,
(He then said looking back at me.)
Max sank, but something,
(He then said softly.)
Or someone pushed him up.
(He then began walking away, hand over his mouth.)
She swam from where she was to the wreckage to help,
(He then said turning around, remember that the guards found blood.)
And that blood, oh god it came from her".
I then looked between him and Collette.
"I have to go out and search for her,
(Grimsby looked at me and I said, convincingly.)
She had a bad gash in her arm, I need to know she's okay.
(I had my pleading face on as I made my point.) please Grimsby I like to search for her with your help, but I will do it without you if I must but I'd rather search with you.
Mother won't object if she knew you came with me".
Grimsby then said after nodding, recovering from looking green around the gills.
"Alright,
(He then said grabbed an old coat that can hide my identity.)
But first you need more rest,
(I was going to protest when he said.)
You're no good to Y/n if you don't take care of yourself".
I nodded and then I said, my heart thumping when I realized he said her name.
"Is that her name?
Y/n"?
Grimsby then nodded as he spoke.
"Y/n L/n, PD/ns and PM/n eldest daughter who's planning on becoming a traveling Doctor, she studied human and ocean marine life Medican.
(He looked at me and said.)
A strong swimmer, great artist in her free time and she adores her dog D/n to pieces along with her brother.
But her favorite sea creature is dolphins.
(He then said he said holding his hand out.)
I'll take her necklace to be fixed before we set out into the village".