*Modern* (Disney: The Hunch Back of Notra Dame) Quasimodo x reader

((( Requested by DreamyKawaii )))

(Y/n's Intro)

My mother always told me to not take what someone looks like on the outside to mean they have good judgement, that its whats on the inside that truley matters.
That just because someone has good looks, dosent mean that they have a good heart.
I applied that logic to my everyday life as I travled the world, making it my lifes mission to bring beauty to places clouded by Pride, Vanity, Judgement, Hatred and Prejudice.
Its what brought me to Paris France, The City of Love and Culture Capital of Art, Music and Architecture four years ago.
And its where I met the one and only Quasimodo, The Hunch Back of Notre Dame.

(Y/n's POV)

Paul Holmes once wrote that 'Appearances can be deceptive, And to the superficial gaze, The outside seems dull and grey, Plain looking in many ways, Yet, When a crack cause, Water to seep slowly through, A Geode can split to reveal, A dazzling sight to view! Piles of purple crystals, Sparkling in the light, Such wonderful inner beauty, Now apparent for our delight'.
The taxi stopped and the horn brought me out of my head space, bringing my back to the back seat of the yellow mustard cab to see that the street was crowded with people wearing cloths styled to look that of the Renaissance and coustmes.
And that we weren't moving any more than an inch every few mintues when there wasn't someone in the way that could get hurt/
"Move out of the way"!
*Beep* *Beep*.
The drvier sighed and leaned back into his seat and said touching his cap.
"It looks like were going to be here for a while miss".
I looked at the people that was walking and come from one location to another all round us. I leaned forward and asked.
"Why is everyone dressed up in the early to late Renaissance"?
The driver guestered to the people around us while shrugging his shoulders.
"My best guess its to celebrate the Annual Feast of Fools and Gypsy Civil Rights
(He closed his eyes and leaned back and said annoyed)
It looks like were going to be here for a while miss".
I smiled and I said as I rumaged around in my wallet to grab the amount of cash I needed to pay the cabie, along with alittle extra cash because of the traffic outside.
"Thats alright I can get out here.
(I gave him the money and his eye bugged out of his head and I smiled at him when he turned to look at me.)
Keep the change".
I gathered the bags and suit case I had beside me because it made me feel better because I heared enough stories from my friends loseing their Lugauge on the way to the final destination because someone bumped the cab or uber and the trunk opened open.
I got out when the cabie said tipping his hat as he smiled.
"You have a blessed day miss".
I pulled up the hood of my jacket to cover my head, I didn't have to worry about anyone looking directly because they were to bussy to perpare for the annual Celebration and for the Feast of Fools.
I smiled as I saw people and gypsy's alike were mingling like many people in citys and towns I travled previously to.
'Another year of peace and prosperity'.
Four years ago, the citizens of Paris and the Gypsy's were agaisnt one another, the local judge was trying to erticate the Gypsy population and he plunged the city into fear and hatred. Killing innocent people that hide those that aided the gypsy's, believeing them to be an enemy to civilization and our way of life.
But they weren't and he was wrong.
If it weren't for the bravery of Two gypsy twins, A Knight, one Hunch Back, a coupe of magical gargoyles and one American girl.
I smiled when I came upon the open area of the court yard outside of Notre Dame, bells ringing to single the beginning of the after noon.
I looked up to see the bells swing back and forth and I waved, knowning that its more than possible the bell ringer can see me in the crowd. If not then his guardian gargoyles could tell him.
I then began to scan the area to see if I can spot one, two or three of my friends that might be in the area.
Thats when I spotted Archilles.
The sweet, mischievious and loyal steed, that acted more like a puppy than a war horse.
Quickly spoting his rider Phoebus, a knight hes never far from.
And then seeing Phoebus wife Esmerelda and his brother in law Esmereldo, Esmeralda's twin brother.
Along with their goats Djali and Opal.
I smiled as I kept my head low so the tallest members of the tree can't spot me, to surpise the group.
After what we went through four years ago we kept in touch, and I found time in my scheudle to arrive in paris earlier than I thought.
I was given away from my favorite god son saw me, alerting his mother, uncle and father of my presence.
"Aunty Y/n"!
I removed my hood to get a better look at Zephyer.
I smiled and I had my arms open as my neeks met the ground so I was the same height as Zephyer.
I said happyily as he flew right into my arms.
"Hey Zephyer".
He pulled back and said happily.
"You made it".
I then said tapping hit button nose.
"I wouldn't miss hanging out with my favorite god son for the world".
I tickled him in the sides and he laughed and I stood up.
We walked back to his family and Esmerelda said hugging me.
"Its so good to see you Y/n".
I then said.
" You to Esmerelda".
Esmerelda then said, leaning agaisnt Phoebus, both smiling.
"Why didn't you tell us you were coming"?
I then said smiling.
"I figure why spoil the surprise".
Zephyer tugged the long sleeve of my purple dress to have my attention.
"What did you bring from your travels aunty"?
I then smiled opening my suit case and said sofly as I hold the couple of items I brought him from my travels.
"Some things that made me think of you.
(He hugged the wooden statue of Archillies I coustme ordered from a wood crafts men in California. A picture of me, his mom, uncles, father, Quais, archillies and the two goats. And necklace with the family qrest I made to repersent both sides of his family).
I couldn't bring you a horse for your birthday but I found something close".
He smiled and he looked to his father and said.
"Daddy look it looks like Archillies".
Phoebus looked at the horse and said, while the steed itself was tilting his head.
"An exact likeness".
The horse sneezed at the thought and I said holding a carrot in one hand and cotagge cheese in the other.
"Of course I didn't forget your carrot".
The horse smiled and gentally got the carrot from my hand and the goats raised their top halves when they were close to me.
THey eat the cheese from my hand as I pet them.
Esmereldo got my bags and Esmerelda toke my arm and said as we let the boys have guy time.
"Zephyers been asking if he could travel with you.
I told him I ask you first because I didn't have the heart to say no".
I then said nodding.
"Hes naturlay curious about the world outside Paris.
And I love to show him, as long as you and Phoebus is okay with it".
Esmerelda smiled as we entered her tent and sat down as she spoke.
"I'm so happy to hear that. He be so glad".
I smiled and we were having tea as she asked.
"So you going to tell Quasi when you see him"?
I nodded and I said taking a relaxing breath as the thought of telling him made me nerves.
"Yes, but I'm scared.
what if he doesnt feel the same way"?
She set her tea cup down and I did to, she toke hold of my hand and said soflty.
"Are you kidding, Y/n he loves you. (I tilted my head in confusion and she said smiling, as looking through the little cut out window that should one of the bell towers). When you aren't looking, he looks at you like the way I look at Phobus.
(I watched her and she said, smiling as she turned to me.)
He fought against Frollo because you believed in him, you inspired him.
(The hair I had tucked behind my ear fell to cover part of my forehead and she grabbed a green head band toplace it on my head, keep the hair from falling back, the scar peaking from my hair line on display.)
He risked his life when he saw Frollo had a knife".
I touched the scared as I grimance at the memory, voicing my fear.
"I still can't believe he was so cruel and heart less".
The feeling of cold steel touching my scalp still haunted me to this day, and I was lucky Quasi was able to push me away in time before the blade could pierce the bone.
Esmerelda then said smiling at me, taking my hand and I opened my eyes.
"You made Quais see himself as someone worthy of love, of friendship.
(He then said along with me.)
True courage comes not from facing your fears,
(I smiled and I said along with her.)
But from following your heart and being their for those ".
I smiled and I said softly.
"Thank Em,
(I felt confident, brave.)
I needed to hear that".
She smiled and said noding to the bell towers.
"Go to him".
I smiled and I left the tent, going to Notre Dame Church and nocking on the doors.
The priest smiled seeing me and said.
" I was wondering when you were coming to visit".
I then asked.
"Is Quaismodo upstaires"?
The preist nodded and smiled, letting me in and I toke the path to Quaismodos home up in the attic close to the bells.
I grabbed the skirt of my dress and walked up the staires without fear of triping and ripping the fabric.
Quickly ascending the stairs because of the many times I walked up on the stairs.
I smiled when I saw the door and I nocked on it, just to be polit, then I was greeted by the sweet, sassy fatherly figure gargoyal.
He smiled and said.
" Y/n my dear what a lovley surpirse".
I then said.
"Hello Laverne".
He then said letting me in.
"Come in my dear here to see Quasi"?
I nodded and Laverne called out to Quasi as I walked in.
"Quasi you have a vistator".
Hugo and victor smiled seeing me.
I looked at the carvings and works of art Quasi must of worked on while I was away.
Quais spoke, almost softly seeing me.
"Y/n".
I turned around and said smiling.
"Hello Quasi".
Victor then said as me and quasi remained quiet, still staring into one anothers eyes.
"We'll give you two some privacy".
Hugo protested as he still remained behind.
"But things are just starting to get good".
Laverne spoke while he and Victor pulled Hugo away.
"Come on Hugo".
I smiled and said, playing with my finger tips to keep the nerves at bay.
"Quasi I,
(I toke a quick breath and said softly.)
I have something I like to tell you".
He smiled and rubbed the back of his neck as he looked away.
"Really, well, I got something I want to tell you too.
(He spoke almost nervesly, but with confinednce to say what he said next)
Y/n, I love you, since the moment we met".
I smiled and i said soflty, after a couple mintues of silence.
"I love you too Quasi".
He turned to me and his eyes light up with hope.
He then asked.
"Really"?
I nodded and smiled and said.
"I have for the past four years".
He smiled and the gargoyals cheered, giving away their position of ease dropping.
We looked at the three and Victor said before they hid away.
"Apologies, please continue".
Me and Quasi had moved closer to each other and to the balconey, giving us a view of the city below us.
We turned towards one another and met the other half way.
The fireworks from the kiss made our heart jump.
THe feelings of love for one another could be felt in our viens, when we pulled away, we smiled, thats when Phoebus called up, probably catching a glismpse of us before losing sight of us.
"If you love birds are done, your going to miss this the festival".
We both laughed to each other and Quasi asked.
"You ready for the Feast of Fools My Queen"?
I then said softly taking his hand.
"As long as your there beside me My King".
We walked to the festival, hand in hand, now as boyfriend and girlfrien.

Paris has given us both the confidence and the chance to find our soulmates, and we aren't going to let one another go ever again.

Thee End.