❤️‍🔥📖 A Tale of Grimm Love 📖❤️‍🔥

((🌹🔍Detective Nick Burkhart x Reader🔎🌹))

             ((🐕‍🦺Soulmate Au Part 4🐕‍🦺))

(Nick's Intro)

Maya Angelou once said, 'In all the world, there's no heart for me like yours; in all the world, there is no love for you like mine'.
When I first read this quote in highschool I didn't understand what Maya meant, now as I sat and waited outside the hospital, I finally got it
Two people who are equally passionate about one another, can't love anyone else like they love each other no matter how hard they tried.

(Nick's Pov)

The hospital hall outside the emergency room was deftly quiet besides the beep of monitoring patient machines and the sound of breathing coming from me and Dimitri.
I was so out of it with worry that it felt like minutes rather than two hours and I jumped when the doors opened and Doctor Hannah along with nurses that were helping her in patching Y/n up.
Dimitri stood up and whimpered, y/n from the shoulders down was covered in a quilt the hospital had to help keep their patients warm.
Doctor Hannah didn't follow the others wheeling y/n away to a room so she could recover.
I spook anxiously when Dr Hannah came to us.
"How is she"?
Hannah said softly with a light smile.
"Your partners going to be alright,
(I exhaled the breath I was holding and Hannah said guestering her arm to the hallway.
Me and Dimitri began following her when she began moving.)
Luckily you and your canine buddy,
(Dr Hannah scratched the top of Dimitri's head.)
Stopped the loss of blood before the ambulance arrived.
(We stopped outside a room, a room where Y/n was resting, looking peacefull and safe dispit the pillows they placed under her arm and leg to keep the pressure off her injured limbs.
Dimitri went in and sat beside her bed and placed his head on her hip.)
Or otherwise we would have had a completely different outcome".
Y/n turned her head and lightly groaned Doctor Hannah said worried as we entered.
"She shouldn't be waking up yet".
I then said softly when I saw that Y/n's hair was right against her neck.
"She's not waking up,
(I lightly lifted y/n's head and I said moving the long ball hair braid out from being against her neck, and moved it to be a couple inches to the left of the pillow.
Y/n stopped fussing and relaxed, I turned to Dr Hannah and said.)
She's a deep sleeper with a high thyroid, she doesn't like sleeping with something covering her neck".
Dr Hannah then said relaxing as she said.
"I'll get an ice pack,
(She paused outside the door and said.)
You know for a friend you know a lot about her".
I then said softly looking at y/n .
"We were roommates at the Academy before we graduated.
(I petted Dimitri and said.)
She was ahead in her courses and I often went to campus and I thought she might have felt a bit lonely so I made time to go out with her the weekend before the big day,
(I looked at Dimitri and I said, seeing the little puppy y/n picked up.)
That was when she adopted Dimitri".
Dr Hannah lightly smiled and said.
"So Dimitri is not just her canine partner, but also her dog".
I nodded and I said petting Dimitri.
"She's never went anywhere without Dimitri".
Dr Hannah nodded and said softly.
"I have to go make my rounds, please feel free to use the decontamination bathrooms to clean up Dimitri,
(She pulled out a small bottle of what I saw is soap, not just any soap either, it was pet soap.)
Or that blood in his muzzle will get the fur there matted"
Dimitri whimpered and I said to the doctor.
"Thank you Doctor Hannah, we might do that".
Dr Hannah nodded and left, Dimitri was back to watching over Y/n and I said feeling his muzzle.
"Shes right you know,
(He groaned and I said watching Y/n)
I know you want to stay with her, but she  would want you to look your best,
(He looked at me and I said.)
We'll be back by her side before you know it".
He sighed and we stood up when Dr Hannah's voice spoke.
"Detectives you can't go in there-"!
Aria and Hank entered the room and I said as Dr Hannah entered the door frame.
"It's okay their our partners".
Dr Hannah then said.
"Alright, but no more than two visitors at a time,
(She looked at Aria and Hank)
so unfortunately detectives Milton and Griffin-".
Hank raised his hand and said smiling.
"It's alright doc, I just came to get Nick,
(Hank looked to me and said.)
Captain needs us".
I nodded and I looked to Aria and asked.
"Aria can you stay with Y/n,
(I gave her the pet soap and said.)
And wash the blood from Dimitri's fur "?
Aria nodded, saying softly looking at Y/ns sleeping form.
"Of course, you don't even have to ask Nick".
I nodded and me and Hank left the hospital room the sound of Dr Hannah giving Aria directions to the decontamination bathrooms was the last thing I heard before I asked Hank about the case.
"What we got"?