Edward Cullen x (Clary & Jace Herondale's Angle hybrid Daughter) Reader Part 4

(Jace's Pov)

For as long as I can remember I & many Shadow Hunters before, and present alongside me, conducted important facets of our lives based upon an old Nephilim Poem.
''Black for hunting through the night
For death and mourning the colors white
Gold for the bride in her wedding gown
And Red to call enchantment down.
White silk when our bodies burn,
Blue banners when the lost return.
Flame for the birth of a nephilim,
And to wash away our sins.
Gray for knowledge best untold,
Bone for those that don't grow old.
Saffron lights the victory March,
Green will mend our broken hearts.
Silver for the demon towers,
And bronze to summon wicked Powers'.
But when my daughter Y/n was born, my world view on the life of a Shadowhunter changed the moment she was placed in my arms for the first time.
My little girl was a quiet baby, but what surprised me as a father and took my breath away as a Shadowhunter was the flash of her golden eyes with a violet shine when I held her near a source of light.
Clary often tells me that my eyes turn gold when the light flashes at a certain angle over my eyes.
Y/n giggled at my shock and her eyes changed to those pretty dark greens that drew me to Clary when I got a better look at her when we first met.
I vowed that day that Y/n wouldn't live the life I did when growing up, which is why I agreed whole heartedly with Clary that Y/n should spend half her time in the mundane world.
I also knew that in, the moments of her first walk, her first word (papa), in a language (A-nokian, which I still don't know where she heard it from); and the first time I saw her playing on my piano after climbing on my piano bench in the new York institute, I knew she was going to do great things as both a person and a Shadowhunter.
But I didn't know that when I saw her again after she disappeared for two years, that she was capable of changing the view of the world by adding another line to our old Shadowhunter poem/guide by wearing a color that possibly suited her more than red, black or blue ever could.

(Y/n's Pov)

I slumped against the passenger seat of Bella's truck, my legs and arms feeling like dead weight After spending hours putting protection and shield runes over every building in forks.
Bella then said, teasing my tuckered out look while she pet Edythe and Beaufort while she watched my speedy runes fade on my favorite black boots.
"So Roadrunner, did you see the flash during your little adventures with Willey coyote"?
I laughed as I said putting my steil in its strap cleverly concealed in the inside of my boot.
"No, he was too busy saving the day back in Central City with his friends and wife Iris".
Bella laughed after she started her trucks engine and said.
"It still surprises me how pop culture savvy you are,
(The engine was giving her trouble and yet she was still determined to get the stubborn piece of machinery to start.)
in the short amount of time you spent not training to protect the world from total and utter evil".
She decided that she perhaps stulled the engine and stopped trying to start it and she said, crossing her arms over her chest.
"Stupid engine,
(She then turned to me.)
Let's give it the stubborn hunk of metal its five minutes of victory while it cools down before trying again".
The sound of hers, Edythe's and Beaufort's stomach grumbling firmed my decision on what to do next.
I then said as I pulled out my stiel from my boot as I opened my passenger door.
"How about we don't submit defeat and persevere".
I went to the hood of the truck's engine and I said to Bella.
"Pop the hood please.
(Bella did just that and I said, the tip of my stiel glowing as I drew the repair rune on top of the engine and I smiled, seeing it settle and the engine changed to look spanking brand new, along with its attachments.)
Try it now".
Bella started the engine and was met with a roar before it calmed to a purr.
Bella cheered and said, popping her head out the window of the driver side of the truck when I came over.
"That was amazing, you saved my truck".
I then said, twirling my stiel expertly with my finger tips with a proud smile on my face.
"It's all in the power of the runes sista".
Bella cheered as she patted the truck's dash as I walked back to the passenger side of the truck and got in.
I then said, starting to feel hungry.
"Now let's get to Seattle because I don't know about you, but I'm craving the Olive Garden".
Bella then said as she began driving.
"Me too, I don't think I could face Jacob again unless I have food on my stomach".
I nodded and I said softly to her, knowing that I was initially pissed at Jacob because he didn't trust us enough to tell us his secret.
"Someone close to me once said 'We're all entitled to their secrets N/n, It's only when we tell someone that we trust: we are also telling that person we hold their opinion in high regard when it comes to how they think about us'.
(Bella looked at me, taking my advice to heart and I said, raising my hand softly.)
I know I'm possibly the last person who should be defending his actions,
(I then pointed to her.)
Especially with what he's done to you,
(I then kept a pointer finger up in the air and I said.)
But, he only kept you in the dark because he wanted to keep you safe.
(I then looked down the road and said.)
And take it from someone who grew up in the know about the supernatural world, the Shadows of this human/mundane world aren't for the faint of heart".
Bella remained quiet, contemplating on taking my advice to heart when she said softly, nodding in the corner of my eye when I turned to look.
"Yeah, I guess you're right".
I lightly smiled as she went back to driving and the corners of her mouth were tilted up.